Minutes of the Shipton Bellinger Parish Council meeting held on Monday 4th July 2016 in the Church Meeting Rooms, High Street, Shipton Bellinger at 7.30pm.

Present: Cllr Mr D Davies Chairman

Cllr Mr P Stinton Vice Chairman

Cllr Mr M Bladen

Cllr Mr T Bowden

Cllr Mr S Bluff

Cllr Mr I Coles

Richard Waterman Parish Clerk

Mr D Sperry Village Centre Chairman

Apologies: Cllr Mrs S Turner, Borough Councillor Mrs P Mutton and County Councillor

Mrs Z Brooks.

WELCOME.

The Chairman welcomed everyone to the meeting.

DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST

Cllr Mr S Bluff declared an interest in the Shipton Allotment Society.

The Clerk asked each Councillor to confirm if there are any amendments to their Declarations of Interest or are they the same as the previous year. All the Councillors confirmed that there has been no change to their circumstances and they remain the same as registered in 2015. The Clerk will contact Cllr Mrs S Turner after the meeting.

MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING

The Chairman signed the minutes of the previous meeting as a true record. Matters arising from those minutes:

PLAY AREA FENCING The Clerk reported that he had met with Chris Tait on site to discuss the fencing the previous Saturday. Chris will submit a quote to extend the fencing as agreed at the last meeting. Chris will also do a separate quote to continue the fencing the opposite end of the BMX track to the corner of the field.

It was noted that there has been some vandalism to the BMX fencing, someone had cut the wire to enable it to be bent back to access the field. Chris Tait said he will see to this and add an additional post to strengthen the repair.

CERT GRANT Cllr Mr S Bluff reported that SEC have been in further contact with some questions about the grant application but he had no further news to report on the grant application.

Cllr Mr S Bluff stated that SEC have stated that they would not fund the purchase of the ISO Container and that he was investigating the purchase of a nearly new one that would cost in the region of 1,200.

 

 

 

HIGHWAYS The various potholes reported have still not been repaired. It was also noted that BT have now repaired the holes around the BT Manhole covers either side of the village on the A338 but not the one in Salisbury Lane. The Clerk will contact BT again to remind them that they have missed this one.

VILLAGE CENTRE

Mr D Sperry reported that the new Village Centre Management Committee will hold their first meeting on the 11th July in the Village Centre Viewing Room. There has been a minor incident of vandalism with the guttering.

PLANNING

16/01326/FULLN Infill existing open porch with dwarf walls, glazing and new step access 2 Cosy Cottages, Bourne Lane, Shipton Bellinger. NO OBJECTION

FINANCE

Payments issued in July 2016

R.N. Waterman Wages 423.00

Mr B Pearce Grass Cutting 90.00

HAGS SMP Parts for Climbing Frame 36.00

Mr C Wilkins Litter Collecting/Bus Shelter Clean 217.56

Balance after above payments have been made 10,086.87

Deposit Account 4,059.25

Current Account 6,027.62

10,086.87

COUNCILLORS REPORTS.

CLLR MR T BOWDEN Reported that due to the overgrown hedge and long grass at the junction of the Old Coach Road and the A338 the site lines are no existent and it is dangerous for pedestrians trying to cross the A338. This will be reported to Plain Watch.

CLLR MR M BLADEN reported that the school hedge along the Bulford Road pavement will soon need cutting back. There is also a large dogwood growing out into the pavement by the Old Vicarage. This was noted.

CLLR MR I COLES Raised the issue of Broadband speeds, this was briefly discussed, it was thought that if residents sign up for superfast broadband they should expect speeds of around 20 mega bites, but this could not be confirmed. The Parish Council suggested that residents took the matter up with their broadband providers.

CLLR MR D DAVIES Reported that he had received a request from the Wellington Academy to put up a banner in the village on the A338 to advertise an event they are holding. Cllr Mr D Davies felt that this was not a problem as it was a local event and gave permission. The Parish Council agreed with his decision.

 

 

 

 

 

Cllr Mr D Davies suggested that Parish Council have a walk around the village to look at areas they could improve under the Village Maintenance Programme for next year. Quotes can then be obtained and discussed prior to deciding the 2017/18 precept. It was agreed that a walk around the village will take place on the 25th July 2016, meeting at 7pm on the Village Green.

It was noted that one of the Village Gateways has been broken. The Clerk reported that he had asked Chris Tait to carry out a temporary repair and that it had been reported to Highways by himself and Mrs Wendy Sperry.

CORRESPONDENCE

A letter has been received from the Chairman of Thruxton Parish Council informing neighbouring parishes that they are undertaking a Neighbourhood Plan.

A letter has been received from Mr Brian Boxall regarding the cutting of the Village Green. Mr Brian Boxall has been cutting the Village Green for many years and has suggested that the Parish Council need to look at this for the future as he feels he will not be able to continue cutting the Village Green indefinitely.

The Parish Council acknowledged the valuable contribution Brian Boxall has made to the village over the years and completely understood that he will at some stage have to give it up. This will be looked at and added to the list of areas for future maintenance.

CLOSE OF THE MEETING

The Chairman thanked everyone for coming and closed the meeting.

DATE OF THE NEXT MEETING

5th September 2016 at 7.30pm in the Church Meeting Rooms.

CLOSE OF THE MEETING

The Chairman thanked everyone for coming and closed the meeting.

DATE OF THE NEXT MEETING

4th July 2016 at 7.30pm in the Church Meeting Rooms.