Minutes of the Shipton Bellinger Parish Council meeting held on Monday 1st February 2016 in the Fletcher Room, Village Centre at 7.30pm.

Present: Cllr Mr D Davies – Chairman

Cllr Mr P Stinton – Vice Chairman

Cllr Mr S Bluff

Cllr Mr T Bowden

Richard Waterman – Parish Clerk

County Councillor Mrs Z Brooks

Borough Councillor Mrs P Mutton

Mr D Sperry – Village Centre Chairman

Members of the Public – 3

Apologies: Cllr Mr M Bladen and Borough Councillor Mr P Lashbrook.

WELCOME.

The Chairman welcomed everyone to the meeting.

DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST

There were no declarations of interest recorded.

MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING

The Chairman signed the minutes of the previous meeting as a true record. Matters arising from those minutes:

STREET LIGHT – The street light on Chris Tait’s house has been off during the day, however there are reports that it is still on, this will be monitored before HCC Street Lighting is contacted.

FENCING AND GATE – The fencing project has been put on hold for the time being.

PLAY AREA – The Clerk reported that he has informed Hags SMP that the Parish Council will accept their goodwill gesture. The extended warranty on the Zip Wire of one year from July 2016 has been confirmed by email, the two benches to match the existing one and a springy Motorbike will be delivered soon.

VILLAGE CENTRE

Mr D Sperry reported that the telephone Line has been installed and the Village Centre now has broadband. Mr Sperry is looking at other Village halls that have broadband to see how they use their systems. The recent Cardboard Fox a ‘Hogg the Limelight’ event was good but unfortunately was not well attended.

Val Winfield has now left the Village Centre, Mr Sperry stated that he has taken over the bookings and that a new cleaner has started.

 

 

 

 

 

 

PLANNING

16/00026/FULLN – Retention of composting toilet – Parkhouse A303 and A338 junction, Parkhouse Corner – NO OBJECTION

COUNTY COUNCILLOR MRS Z BROOKS

Cllr Mrs Z Brooks stated that she has organised a meeting for the Parish Councils in her ward to meet with Tim Lawton, HCC Highways, Ray Alborough, TVBC Highways and County Councillor Mr Woodwood executive member of HCC. The meeting will take place on Friday 29th April 2016 at the Fairground Hall, Weyhill. 10am to 12.30pm with a working lunch provided.

Cllr Mrs Z Brooks will write to the Parish Council with details and an invite for the Chairman and Vice Chairman. Each Parish Council will be asked to list issues they have with Highways beforehand so that the Officers can investigate before the meeting and hopefully give answers to the issues raised.

BOROUGH COUNCILLOR MR S P MUTTON

Cllr Mrs P Mutton stated that she had been asked by Cllr Mrs S Turner to remind the Parish Council of the Queens 90th Birthday in 2016 and ask if they plan to celebrate the occasion. It was noted that the Church (held in the Village Centre) are planning a Garden Party, there is talk of some sort of party after the fete. This will be discussed further when more information on proposals is made available.

PARISH COUNCILLORS REPORTS

CLLR MR T BOWDEN – Reported that there has been a spate of dog thefts in the New Forest and he thought that residents of the village should be aware.

Cllr Mr T Bowden reported that the High Street road surface is wearing thin opposite St Peters Close. It was also reported that several other areas in the High Street. The Chairman stated that this will be added to the list to bring up at the Highways meeting in April.

CLLR MR P STINTON – Reported that the problem hedge on Parkhouse Road had been cut back but still needs further work as it is still obstructing the pavement. Cllr Mr P Stinton will speak to the house holder again.

Cllr Mr P Stinton reported that the grass verge between the road and the pavement in several areas along Parkhouse Road looks untidy and suggested that it would make more sense for them to be tarmacked, this would make it easier for pedestrians.

Mrs Pat West suggested that this be taken up with HCC as it is there responsibility. HCC will have a map showing the utilities running along the side of the road.

Cllr Mr P Stinton suggested that a light be put in the Youth Shelter. This was discussed and it was reported that at one time there was a light and after being vandalised several times it was eventually removed, partly at the request of the youth.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Cllr Mr P Stinton spoke about the Play Courts and felt they were under used, he suggested that half of the area could be used as a skateboard park. The Chairman stated that this had been looked at in the past and that the liability insurance was the problem, a full investigation on all aspects of insurance and installation costs would need to be undertaken before the Parish Council even considered installing a Skateboard Park.

CLLR MR D DAVIES – Reported that he has received a complaint from a resident about the amount of dog mess on the verges outside the Village Centre along the track, despite there being a dog bin. This has been reported to the TVBC Dog warden.

Cllr Mr Davies reported that there is TVBC Resilience meeting on the 27th February 2016 that he hopes to attend. Cllr Mr P Stinton also hoped to attend.

CLLR MR S BLUFF – Spoke about the areas of the river bank through the village that need re-shaping. Any work will need to be done in the spring when the danger of the bourn flowing has passed. Permission to carry out the work will be needed from The Environment Agency.

FINANCE

Cheques to be issued 1st February 2016

Mr B Pearce Ditch Clearing £160.00

SBVC Hire of room £20.00

Mr C Wilkins Footpaths/Rubbish/Cleaning £110.70

MT Graphics Sign £402.00

Mr BK Teasdale Fitting Defibrillators £250.00

Standing Orders

R.N. Waterman Wages – February £400.00

Aviva Insurance – February £109.36

£1,452.07

INCOME

VAT Refund £1,720.29

Balance after above payments have been made £5162.42

2016/2016 PRECEPT

The Clerk reported that the Parish Council Precept for the year 2016/2017 had been set at £27,000. Additional money has been set aside in the budget included:-

£2,000 to finish off the landscaping of the Play Area.

£3,000 to replenish the reserves after the £3,000 HSE bill.

£1,000 to continue the refurbishment of Footpath 5

 

 

 

 

 

 

MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC

Mr D Stubs raised the issue of the overgrown tree in Hedges Close again, Aster and TVBC have taken no action. This was discussed and it was agreed that the Parish Council will ask Mr C Wilkins if he will cut back the tree so that pedestrians can use the pavement.

Mr D Sperry reported that the Bulford Road sign at the junction of Watery Lane is still missing. The Clerk will chase this up with Highways. Mr Sperry reported that after a disturbance at the bowls Club, He made the effort to go outside and speak to the youth. It was the same old storey - The youth he spoke to stated there was nothing for them to do, but they would be interested in a Youth Club and possibly setting up a table tennis club. Mr Sperry showed them the facilities the Village Centre had to offer.

CLOSE OF THE MEETING.

The Chairman thanked everyone for coming and closed the meeting.

DATES FOR THE 2016 MEETINGS

7th March

4th April

9th May – AGM

6th June

4th July

5th September

3rd October

7th November

5th December