Minutes of the Shipton Bellinger Parish Council Meeting held on Monday 2nd November 2015 in the Fletcher Room, Village Centre at 7.30pm.

Present: Cllr Mr D Davies – Chairman

Cllr Mrs S Turner

Cllr Mr M Bladen

Cllr Mr S Bluff

Cllr Mr T Bowden

Richard Waterman – Parish Clerk

Borough Councillors Mrs P Mutton and Mr P Lashbrook

Members of the Public – 5

Apologies: Cllr Mr P Stinton – Vice Chairman, Mr D Sperry – Village Centre Chairman

and County Councillor Mrs Z Brooks.

WELCOME.

The Chairman welcomed everyone to the meeting.

DECLARATION OF INTEREST

There were no Declarations of interest recorded.

MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING

The Chairman signed the minutes of the previous meeting as a true record. Matters arising from those minutes:-

STREET LIGHT – The issue with the street light on Chris Tait’s house has still not been resolved.

DEFIBRILLATORS – The Clerk reported that both defibrillators have been installed and registered with the Ambulance Service. The Defibrillators have also been added to the Parish Councils insurance policy. The Defibrillators are sited at the Boot Inn and the Shop.

The Clerk reported that to date the parish Council have received £300 from the Fete, £100 from the Shipton Bellinger Social Club and a grant of £1000 from Cllr Mrs Z Brooks Devolved Budget. Cllr Mrs P Mutton stated that she has signed the paperwork for a £500 grant.

Gaining access to the Defibrillators – In the case of a suspected heart attack 999 should be dialled. The Ambulance Service will talk the caller through procedure and will ask for an address and postcode. The Ambulance Service have the defibrillator location and access code on their system and will give instructions.

The Defibrillator is fully automatic and will instruct the user step by step how to proceed, the ambulance service will also be on the telephone to assist, whilst waiting for the ambulance to arrive.

An article for the Shipton Bellinger News will be sent to Chris Cox.

PLAYING FIELD FENCE AND GATE – Still on hold until the additional containers have been put in place in the corner of the field. Cllr Mr S Bluff stated that he has been looking at containers and hoped to proceed with a purchase soon.

DRAIN COVER – The Clerk reported that he and Cllr Mrs P Mutton had met with Paul Walsh and had discussed various highways issues. Highways will look at the drain adjacent to the High Street, the land does not belong to the Parish Council and there is a liability issue if the Parish Council took on the repair.

PLAY AREA – The Clerk reported that an ongoing investigation by HSE into the accident with the Zip Wire has, after a year, been closed. The Parish Council have accepted a caution and have had to pay costs - £3,338.00 to date. The Parish Council are in negotiations with Hags SMP the Play Ground installer to recover these costs, extend the warranty for the equipment and for the company to provide additional picnic benches.

HIGHWAYS – The work on the A338 has now been completed and there is now a filter lane to turn into Watery Lane.

The Parish Council have received many comments from residents surprised that Highways did not carry out repairs to Watery Lane while it was shut. The Parish Council agreed that this would have been an excellent opportunity to do the work and will now pursue the repair of Watery Lane with Highways.

The Clerk reported that Highways have now replaced the pole at the Bulford Road/A338 junction. The 50mph and 30mph signs have yet to be erected.

VILLAGE CENTRE

The up-grade of the CCTV System has been completed.

PLANNING

There were no new planning applications to discuss.

BOROUGH COUNCILLORS REPORTS

CLLR MRS P MUTTON – Reported that she was happy to liaise with the Parish Council and Highways on any issues that need tackling.

CLLR MR P LASHBROOK – Congratulated the Parish Council on the recent CERT practice Flood Alert exercise. The work undertaken by the Parish Council is a credit to the community. The scheme will now be taken to the wider community of the Penton Bellinger Ward. Kimpton parish Council have been looking at the work Shipton Bellinger has done and are very impressed. A meeting will be held with the Ward Parish Councils to discuss the way forward.

PARISH COUNCILLOR’S REPORTS

CLLR MR T BOWDEN – Reported that Veolia have dug two test bore holes 30 metre down to take water samples at Tidworth.

CLLR MR S BLUFF – Stated that he will contact Veolia to ask for information on the tests carried out from these new bore holes.

Cllr Mr S Bluff reported that the refurbishment of the Village Neighbourhood Watch signs is nearly complete.

CLLR MR M BLADEN – Reported that residents of Bulford Road are relieved that the road works on the A338 have been completed, that additional traffic during the work has caused problems.

FINANCE

EXPENDITURE

Cheques to be issued in November 2015

SBVC Hire of the Fletcher Room £ 10.00

Mr D Davies Expenses Flooding Event £ 51.00

T Services Maintenance Work £ 78.00

TVBC Share FSS Maintenance £ 407.50

Mr B Pearce Grass Cutting, Maintenance £ 135.00

CS Security Systems CCTV Village Centre £ 960.00

Standing Order

R.N. Waterman Wages £400.00

Aviva Insurance £106.18

£2,147.68

MONEY RECEIVED

Cllr Z Brooks - £1,000

SBSSC - £100

MONEY DUE IN

VAT Refund £1080.46

WORKING BALANCE AFTER ABOVE TRANSACTIONS

£5,845.27

MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC.

Mr D Stubbs stated that nothing has been done to the overgrown tree in hedges close. The Clerk stated that he had reported it to both Aster Housing and TVBC. The Parish Council can not undertake the work.

The provision of Superfast Broadband was raised. It was noted that the Superfast Broadband cable runs from Tidworth to Cholderton but Shipton Bellinger has not been added to the system.

Cllr Mr S Bluff reported that he has been trying to get an answer from BT for several years. Cllr Mr S Bluff has also taken up this issue with Kit Malthouse MP. It was suggested that the Broadband issue be taken up with County Councillor Mr Andrew Gibson who is the portfolio holder.

The Chairman will write to Cllr A Gibson. Cllr Mr S Bluff will again contact BT.

It was reported that there used to be fluorescent bollards at the road edge adjacent to the bridge in Watery lane. With the erosion of the river bank these bollards have disappeared over the years and need replacing. The Parish Council agreed and will report this to Highways.

CLOSE OF THE MEETING

The Chairman thanked everyone for coming and closed the meeting.

DATE OF THE NEXT MEETING

7th December 2015.