Minutes of the Shipton Bellinger Parish Council Meeting held on Monday 5th October 2015 in the Fletcher Room, The Village Centre at 7.30pm.

Present: Cllr Mr D Davies – Chairman

Cllr Mr P Stinton – Vice Chairman

Cllr Mrs S Turner

Cllr Mr T Bowden

Cllr Mr S Bluff

Richard Waterman – Parish Clerk

Borough Councillor Mrs Pam Mutton

Members of the Public – 3

Apologies: Cllr Mr M Bladen, County Councillor Mrs Z Brooks, Borough Councillor Mr P

Lashbrook and Mr D Sperry – Village Centre Chairman.


The Chairman welcomed everyone to the meeting.


There were no Declarations of Interest recorded.


The Chairman signed the minutes of the previous meeting as a true record. Matters arising from those minutes:-

STREET LIGHTS – The issue with the street light on Chris Tait’s house has still not been resolved.

DEFIBRILLATORS – The Boot Inn and the Shop have both been approached about siting the Defibrillator Boxes. Further negotiations are need to confirm position and power supply. The Parish Council will pay for installation costs and contract the work out to an electrician if required.

PLAYINGFIELD GATE AND FENCE – The Parish Council discussed holding back on this project as it is planned to put two more containers in the corner of the field. Once this has been confirmed the fencing and possible pedestrian gate project will be resurrected.

DRAIN COVER AND ROAD DRAINS – The drain cover is in hand. Highways have been in the village clearing the road drains, the additional work required to the Bulford Road drains has been reported to Highways.


Mr D Sperry has ordered the new CCTV equipment and installation is imminent.


15/02272/FULLN – Erection of two storey side extension to form kitchen diner on the ground floor with bedroom and en-suite over (amended scheme) – 83 Parkhouse Road, Shipton Bellinger.

The Parish Council had NO OBJECTIONS to this planning application.

15/01998/FULLN – Retrospective application for a gravel track for access to the outbuilding at land rear of Croftwood. Croftwood, Salisbury Road, Shipton Bellinger.

Cllr Mr T Bowden declared an interest as he is a neighbour.

The Parish Council had NO OBJECTIONS to this planning application.


Cllr Mrs Pam Mutton confirmed that TVBC have issued a road traffic regulation order for the A338 and Watery Lane junction (Partial Turning Ban). The order came into operation today the 5th October 2015.

Delays to the work being carried out to the A338 Watery Lane Junction were briefly discussed, it was thought that this was due to a design problem with the drainage.


CLLR MR T BOWDEN – Reported that he has been to look around the new Nitrate Treatment Plant at Cholderton Water.

CLLR MR S BLUFF – Spoke about the following issues:-

· Footpath 18 – Damage caused to the surface some time ago by tracked Army Vehicles further up the footpath at the T Junction with Footpath 17 has caused deep ruts, these ruts channel surface water down past the Village Centre and onto Bulford Road. The MOD will be contacted to see if repair work can be done to alleviate this problem.

· Tidworth have a Community Market every Sunday at the Tidworth Community Centre from 10am – 4pm.

· Shipton Good Neighbours now in its 10th Year are in need of new Committee Members – A new Chairman, Two Co-ordinators, two additional Committee members and Volunteer Drivers. The Parish Council fully support Shipton Neighbours and will spread the word. The Clerk will offer his assistance on the Committee. The Chairman reported that he has received a letter from Graham Staniforth the SGN Chairman and this will be acknowledged under correspondence.

· It was reported at a recent Cholderton Water Liaison meeting that Veolia and Southern Water have yet to put anything in place to reduce Nitrate levels and will miss their targets. As a consequence Cholderton Water being the drinking water supplier have had to put in measures to compensate for this, the result being increased bills for customers. A letter will be sent to the Environment Agency from the Parish Council urging them to put pressure on Veolia and Southern Water to meet their targets.

· A practice Flood Alert took place on the 30th September 2015 for residents to test the PLP they had fitted. The EA, TVBC, The installation Company and the Parish Council were present. The day was a great success and highlighted issues that need addressing. Cllr Mrs S Bluff will hold a wash up meeting and produce a report. Cllr Mr S Bluff wished to thank all that took part. Cllr Mr S Bluff has been interviewed by Breeze FM and Castledown Radio re the practice Flood Alert exercise. The flood number has also been updated.

CLLR MR P STINTON – Reported that he will report a dangerous tree branch on one of the footpaths to Plain Watch.

CLLR MRS S TURNER – Reported that a resident’s tree is growing into the telephone wires adjacent to Footpath 5 along from the Horticultural shed. The Clerk will report this to BT.

Cllr Mrs S Turner asked Cllr Mr S Bluff if the Neighbourhood Watch Signs are going to be used, if not she would like them back. Cllr Mr S Bluff stated that he plans to use them but is feels that that they would be better mounted on a backing and the job is in hand.

CLLR D DAVIES – Reported that SEB have been in the village cutting back trees growing into electricity wires. They have deposited cut branches in the river bed. The Clerk was asked to contact SEB to ask them to remove the offending branches.



Cheques to be issued in October 2015

Wel Medical 2 x Defibrillator and cabinet £3,316.20

SBVC Hire of the Fletcher Room £ 10.00

HSE Costs £1,240.00

Nelly Plant Hire Playing Field Levelling £220.00

T Services Maintenance Work £117.00

Standing Order

R.N. Waterman Wages - October £400.00

Aviva Insurance – October £106.18



TVBC Precept £11,000


VAT Refund £920.46




Letter from Shipton Good Neighbours.


Mr D Stubbs reported that there is an overgrown tree in Hedges Close and that a resident in Hedges Close is dumping grass cuttings on the verge of Footpath 5. This was noted.

Mr D Stubbs reported that the mud has now been cleared from Footpath 5, do the Parish Council intend to put down scalping’s? The Clerk reported that this is in hand.


The Chairman thanked everyone for coming and closed the meeting.


2nd November 2015 in the Fletcher Room, Village Centre at 7.30pm.