Minutes of the Shipton Bellinger Parish Council Meeting held on Monday 6th July 2015 in the Fletcher Room, Village Centre at 7.30pm.

 

Present: Cllr Mr D Davies – Chairman

Cllr Mrs S Turner

Cllr Mr T Bowden

Richard Waterman – Parish Clerk

Borough Councillor Mrs P Mutton

Andrew Pilley – TVBC

Mr D Sperry – Village Centre Chairman

Members of the Public – Mrs C Estlick

 

Apologies: Cllr Mr P Stinton – Vice Chairman, Cllr Mr M Bladen and Borough Councillor

Mr P Lashbrook.

 

WELCOME.

The Chairman welcomed everyone to the meeting.

 

DECLARATION OF INTERESTS.

There were no declarations of interest recorded.

 

MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING.

The Chairman signed the minutes of the previous meeting as a true record. Matters arising from those minutes :-

 

CHURCH FONT – The Chairman reported that he had written to Cannon Ian Tomlinson regarding the Parish Council’s concerns on the removal of the font from the church.

Cllr Mrs D Turner reported that moving the font to a different location in the church is being explored.

 

STREET LIGHT – Despite being reported again to Hampshire County Council the street light on Chris Tait’s house is still on all day. The Clerk will again report this to HCC.

 

HORSEBOX – The Chairman reported that with the Clerk he had met with PCSO Dave Trowbridge to look at the problem of the horsebox parked on the High Street. PCSO Dave Trowbridge has confirmed that the Horsebox is legal and is not breaking any law. PCSO Dave Trowbridge has written to the owner suggesting that a more suitable parking place is found but this cannot be enforced by the police.

 

It was pointed out that a member of the Parish Council on occasion park their cars between the horsebox and the bridge and the other side of the bridge further blocking sight lines onto the high street for residents exiting from the bridge.

 

DEFIBRILLATOR – The Chairman has written to the Fete Committee and the Allotment Committee asking if they would be prepared to give a grant towards the proposed Village Defibrillators. Cllr Mrs P Mutton stated that a grant of £500 will be forthcoming from the Borough Councillors Community Budget and asked the Clerk to submit an application form to Andrew Pilley.

 

FENCING – The Parish Council discussed installing a gate in the top corner of the Playing Field past the storage containers. It was agreed that a gate will be put in to allow access from footpath 18. The Clerk will ask Chris Tail to add this to his quote.

DRAIN IN TO THE RIVER BOURNE – The Clerk has asked Brian Pearce to look at the drain and to erect a cover.

 

VILLAGE CENTER

Mr D Sperry reported that the new Village Centre Management Committee are due to meet for the first time later in July. The first ‘Hog the Limelight’ event Morgan and West Magic has been booked for the 31st October 2015. The provision of Broadband at the Village Centre is being looked into, the Village Centre needs to have a postcode and letter delivery address before this can proceed.

 

PLANNING

There were no new planning applications.

 

BOROUGH COUNCILLOR MRS P MUTTON

Cllr Mrs P Mutton stated that she had had problems accessing her TVBC Emails and apologised if anyone has sent her an email and she has not replied. At the moment there are no TVBC issues that needed to be raised.

 

COUNCILLOR REPORTS

CLLR MRS S TURNER – Mentioned the replacement of the Neighbourhood Watch Signs.

 

CLLR MR D DAVIES – Reported that he has received a comment from a resident about the amount of rubbish around the tennis courts. Mr D Sperry will speak to his litter collector to make sure that this area is included.

 

FINANCE

EXPENDITURE

Cheques to be issued in July 2015

R.N. Waterman New Lap Top (SBPC Share £50) £465.96

Mr P Reynolds Audit £275.00

T Services Maintenance £ 45.00

Brian Pearce Grass Cutting £ 85.00

SBVC Hire of the Fletcher Room £ 30.00

TVBC Election Expenses £ 24.10

HSE Costs £892.80

 

Standing Order

R.N. Waterman Wages - July (By Cheque) £400.00

Aviva Insurance – July £106.18

£2,324.04

WORKING BALANCE AFTER ABOVE TRANSACTIONS

£5,119.75

 

PLAY AREA

One of the rope bridge supports has failed, the bridge has been removed and reported to Hags SMP. Apparently this is another piece of equipment that Hags SMP are having issues with, this will be repaired when they come on site to repair the Zip Wire.

 

 

The Clerk reported that the repairs to the Zip Wire and the snagging list were due to be commence the previous week, however Hags SMP contacted him the previous Friday to say that the contractor has been delayed and will now not be on site until later this week.

 

The Parish Council discuss what they feel would be fair compensation for the problems that have been experienced with the Play Area and will then request a meeting with Andrew Yates the Technical Director at Hags SMP to start negotiations.

 

The Clerk reported that the Zip Wire has now been out of commission for a total of 24 weeks since it was installed in September 2014.

 

The Parish Council discussed and agreed that they will fund the up-grade of the Village Centre CCTV System to include additional camera to cover the Play Area.

Mr D Sperry will get an up-to-date quote and liaise with the Chairman.

 

CORRESPONDENCE

The TVAPC meeting to be held on the 3rd September 2015 will have a presentation on Affordable Housing.

 

Kit Malthouse MP has organised a Broadband Workshop at St Mary Bourne on the 24th July 2015. The Chairman and Mr D Sperry will attend.

 

MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC

Mr D Sperry reported that properties along the River Bourne lost their power supply during the recent storm, this was due to overgrown trees bringing down the power line. Mr Sperry asked who was liable for cutting back these trees. It is stated on his property deeds that he is responsible for the upkeep of the footpath and verge down in to the river bed.

 

Cllr Mr T Bowden reported that Southern Electric did come into the village several years ago and did a survey of all the trees growing into the power lines and had planned a pruning programme, this did not happen and they have to date not carried out the work. The Clerk was asked to contact Southern Electric to enquire if this work will be done.

 

Mrs C Estlick reported that the drains in Bulford Road from the Village Centre down to the High Street junction are once again blocked and need clearing. This will be reported to Highways.

 

CLOSE OF THE MEETING

The Chairman thanked everyone for coming and closed the meeting.

 

DATE OF THE NEXT MEETING

7th September 2015 in the Fletcher Room, Village Centre at 7.30pm