Minutes of the Shipton Bellinger Parish Council Meeting held on Monday 1st June 2015 in the Fletcher Room, Village Centre at 7.00pm.

Present : Cllr Mr D Davies - Chairman

Cllr Mr P Stinton - Vice Chairman

Cllr Mrs S Turner

Cllr Mr T Bowden

Cllr Mr S Bluff

Cllr Mr M Bladen

Richard Waterman - Parish Clerk

Members of the Public - 5

Mr D Sperry - Chairman Village Centre

Borough Councillor Mrs Pam Mutton

Apologies : Cllr Mr P Lashbrook

WELCOME

The Chairman welcomed everyone to the meeting.

PARISH COUNCIL VACANCY

Mr Mark Bladen was co-opted back onto the Parish Council. Cllr Mr M Bladen signed the Declaration of Office.

DECLARATION OF INTERESTS

There were no declarations of interest recorded.

MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETINGS

The Chairman signed the minutes of the April and May Meetings as a true record. Matters arising from those minutes :

GROUND WORKS - The Clerk reported that he had instructed Nelly to proceed with the ground works on the Playing Filed and the clearing of the muddy area on footpath 5.

VILLAGE CENTRE

Mr D Sperry reported that the Village Centre AGM was held on the 18th May 2015. The current committee remain, Mr D Sperry stated that he had told the Committee that this would be his last year. Broadband for the Village Centre is being looked into and three ‘Hogg the Limelight’ events have been booked for the Autumn.

PLANNING

15/01073/FULLN - Two storey side extension with two new bedrooms and incorporating

replacement garage - 31 Parkhouse Road.

The Parish Council had NO OBJECTION to this planning application.

FINANCE

Cheques to be issued in June 2015

Brian Pearce Youth Shelter/Grass Cutting £ 60.00

R.N. Waterman NI and Redirection of Mail £175.74

T Services BMX/Play Area Grass Cutting £ 48.00

 

Standing Order

R.N. Waterman Wages - June £400.00

Aviva Insurance – June £106.18

£789.92

WORKING BALANCE AFTER ABOVE TRANSACTIONS - £7,443.79

BOROUGH COUNCILLOR MRS PAM MUTTON

Cllr Mrs Pam Mutton reported that she has been allocated Planning and had nothing to report at the moment.

PARISH COUNCILLORS REPORTS

CLLR MRS S TURNER - Reported that the A338 end of footpath 10 is getting difficult to negotiate due to the overgrown stinging nettles. This was noted and the nettles will be cut back

Cllr Mrs S Turner asked if there was any news on the Neighbourhood Watch signs? Cllr Mr S Bluff stated that the signs are in hand.

CLLR MR T BOWDEN - Reported that that there is an 18inch drop by the drain leading into the River Bourne outside the church, it would be a good idea to put a grid over this drain. The Parish Council thought this a good idea and will get this done.

Cllr Mr T Bowden reported that he has received several comments from concerned residents about the proposals to remove the font from the church, and asked what views the Parish Council had ion this issue?

This was discussed at length, it was felt that the font has a special significance for many families in the village and disposing of it need careful consideration. It was felt that this issue has not been made available to the village. The Parish Council all agreed that careful consideration and consultation was needed before removing the font. Cllr Mrs S Turner reported that she had written to object and believed that the issue of removing the font is under review.

Members of the Public stated that they attended church every Sunday and only recently got to know of the Plans to remove the font.

The Chairman will do some investigating and will write stating the Parish Council’s concerns on the removal of the font.

CLLR MR S BLUFF - Reported that the Neighbourhood Watch Signs around the village will be cleaned and replaced if needed. Cllr Mr S Bluff reported that there is Flooding Work Shop is to be held in June/July the date has to be confirmed.

CLLR MR M BLADEN - Reported that one of the sign posts at the top of Bulford Road has been knocked over. The Clerk reported that he had reported this to Highways and has received a reference number for the job.

Cllr Mr M Bladen reported that the tennis net has been put back up in the tennis courts.

 

CLLR MR P STINTON - Reported that Threadgill Way has been left off the replacement Muscott Close sign at the top of Parkhouse Road. The Clerk has already informed TVBC of this.

Cllr Mr P Stinton spoke about possible funding sources for Defibrillators - Village Fete, Allotment Fund, TVBC and HCC. Defibrillators for the village were briefly discussed and will be put on the agenda for the July meeting.

CLLR MR D DAVIES - Reported that the telephone directories are still in the river bed and the kitchen units and roofing are still on the Old Coach Road. This was reported to TVBC but it appears that this is an MOD issue.

The Playing Field fencing was briefly discussed, Chris Tait has been asked to quote for the fencing. Cllr Mr D Davies thought it may be a good idea to install a gate near the containers, this will be looked at and discussed further at the next meeting.

PLAY AREA

The Clerk reported that he had met on site with Andrew Yates the Technical Director from Hags SMP to discuss the issues with the Zip Wire. Mr Yates thought that the recalled component of the Zip Wire (the Shackle) was not replaced with the up-graded part, this he will confirm by email when he gets back to the office (an email has been received confirming this). While on site Mr Yates replaced the missing end caps and took note of the minor issues raised in the recent Play Inspection Report.

The Parish Council in time, when the HSE issue has been resolved, will take legal advice as to what action they should take regarding the issue with the Mantis Zip Wire and Hags SMP. Trading Standards will also be contacted on this matter.

CORESPONDENCE

The Chairman read out a letter he had received from residents in relation to the continued parking of the Horse Box in the High Street which is obstructing the view for traffic joining the High Street from the 2 bridges.

This was discussed at length and has been an ongoing problem for over 18 months. It was noted that the horse box has not moved since January 2015. The Chairman asked the Clerk to organise a site meeting with PCSO David Trowbridge to see what if anything can be done.

MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC

Mr Derek Stubs reported that the Street Light on Chris Taits house is on all day. The Clerk has reported this and will do so again. It was noted that this is the new light and that all the Street Lights in Shipton Bellinger have now been replaced.

Mr Reeves reported that the PCC are also planning to remove the pews from the church to make more room. This was noted and briefly discussed.

Mr D Sperry reported that the Village Centre have been approached by a Motorcycle Club requesting to use the Playing Field for a weekend event in 2016, he felt that this should be a joint decision with the Parish Council as it could upset residents. The Parish Council agreed and would be happy to look at the proposal.

A deep pot hole was reported in watery lane, this will be reported to Highways.

Mrs Wendy Sperry highlighted an issue of delivery drivers not realising that the village continues up past the Village Centre. It was suggested that an additional sign is added to the High Street and Bulford Road junction indicating further roads. The Parish Council thought this a good idea and will look into the suggestion.

CLOSE OF THE MEETING

The Chairman closed the meeting.

DATE OF THE NEXT MEETING

6th July 2015