Minutes of the Shipton Bellinger Parish Council Meeting held on Monday 13th April 2015 in the Fletcher Room, Village Centre at 7.30pm.

Present : Cllr Miss A Reynolds - Chairman

Cllr Mr D Davies - Vice Chairman

Cllr Mrs S Turner

Cllr Mr T Bowden

Richard Waterman - Parish Clerk

Mr D Sperry - Village Centre Chairman

Members of the Public - 3

Apologies : Cllr Mr P Stinton

Absent: Cllr Mark Bladen & Cllr Steve Bluff

WELCOME - The Chairman welcomed everyone to the meeting.

DECLARATION OF INTERESTS

There were no declarations of interest recorded.

MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETINGS.

The Chairman signed the minutes of the previous meeting as a true record. Matters arising

from those minutes :-

PLAY AREA - The Chairman reported that after taking legal advice from the Insurance Company the outstanding bill for the play equipment has been settled. The Parish Council were also advised to pay the invoice to HSE.

The Parish Council have received a Notification of Contravention and a request to attend an interview under Caution from the Health and Safety Executive. The Parish Clerk reported that he had sent the information to the Parish Council’s Insurance Company. Aviva will be providing legal representation at the meeting. The Chairman and the Clerk will attend the meeting when a date has been agreed.

Cllr Mr T Bowden reported that he had met on site with Nelly to look at Footpath 5 and the area dug out for the Cricket Net. Nelly had promised to provide a quote for this meeting. Cllr Mr T Bowden had not been able to get hold of Nelly prior to the meeting.

The damaged fence abutting the toddlers play area has been replaced. The Clerk has also asked Mr C Tait to quote for the additional fencing

YOUTH SHELTER - Mr B Pearce has quoted under £100 to carry out repairs to the Youth Shelter up-rights. The Parish Council agreed to proceed.

FOOTPATH 5 - The Clerk reported that the Parish Council have received the grant of £500 from the TVBC Borough Councillors Community Budget.

HIGHWAYS - The potholes on Bulford Road have now been repaired.

SHIPTON GOOD NEIGHBOURS - The Clerk reported that he had attended the Shipton Good Neighbours AGM and was very impressed with the work they do and the dedication of its drivers and committee. Test Valley Borough Council give a grant of £1000 a year, but it is conditional on budgets and not guaranteed.

The Parish Council discussed this and agreed that they would set aside £1000 in the next precept to cover the running costs of the Shipton Good Neighbours if the TVBC funding is withdrawn.

VILLAGE CENTRE

Mr D Sperry reported that the Village Centre AGM is to be held on the 18th May 2015 and all are welcome to attend. Mr D Sperry reported that the recent ‘Hog the Limelight’ event Roving Crows, was not a great success with only 29 tickets being sold.

PLANNING.

15/00638/FULLN - Two storey side extension and single storey rear extension - 14 hedges Close, Shipton Bellinger.

The Parish Council had NO OBJECTIONS to this planning application.

FINANCE

EXPENDITURE

Cheques to be issued in April 2015

Mr C Wilkins Litter Collecting £88.01

SBVC Hire of Room £20.00

SBVC ½ Year Grant £2500.00

TVBC Dog Bin Emptying £507.31

Standing Order

R.N. Waterman Wages - April £400.00

Aviva Insurance – April £97.02

£3,612.34

MONEY RECEIVED

VAT Refund £1,028.36

½ Precept £11,000.00

WORKING BALANCE AFTER ABOVE TRANSACTIONS

£9,729.21

PARISH COUNCILLORS REPORTS

CLLR MRS S TURNER - Wished to record her thanks to Cllr Miss A Reynolds for the excellent job she has done while Chairman of the Parish Council and was sorry that she was not standing again. The Parish Council all agreed.

Cllr Turner asked if the new NHW signs had been erected? No one had noticed!

CLLR MR D DAVIES - Reported that the fly tipping on the track that connect the Andover Coach Road to the new road from Echo Echo has been reported to TVBC.

CLLR MISS A REYNOLDS - Spoke about having a sign at the Play Area stating that ‘Football Boots must not be worn when using the Play Equipment’. The Parish Council agreed and the Clerk was asked to order a sign.

Cllr Miss A Reynolds reported that rumours are spreading about another application for a solar farm in the Shipton Bellinger/Kimpton area along Snoddington Lane. This was noted and the situation will be monitored.

Cllr Miss A Reynolds reported that Over Wallop Cricket Club have borrowed the cricket practice mat and have asked if the Parish Council would consider loaning them the cricket practice nets frame (OWCC will need to purchase a new net). This was discussed and it was agreed that the Parish Council would loan the frame until it was need again.

Cllr Miss A Reynolds reported that Mr Brian Pearce has been asked to remove the old metal bin adjacent to the green wheely bin by the old arch to Gardeners Green on footpath 5.

The new SITA bin at the Village Centre was discussed and was there a need to enclose it in a fence. Mr D Sperry will have a think about it and report back to the Parish Council.

Cllr Miss A Reynolds reported that she had been in contact with Col Denny about Operation Clean Sweep. The MOD will not be holding a Clean Sweep this year, it is felt that more effort in educating people not to drop litter is needed and it not good use of Army personnel to pick up rubbish. Col Denny will review this in the future.

AGM AGENDA

1. Welcome and Introductions.

2. Chairman’s Report.

3. Financial Report.

4. Police and Neighbourhood Watch Report.

5. Borough and County Councillors Report.

6. Village Centre

7. Members of the Public

8. Close of the Meeting

MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC

Mr D Stubs reported that he had asked the Primary School Headteacher for a gate key for the Shipton Rams and was refused.

Mr D Sperry asked if there was any further news on the repair of the arch that TVBC took down in Gardeners Green? The Parish Council had none but would enquire on progress.

Mr D Sperry reported that the Library times are now back to normal.

Mrs W Sperry reported that the Police Notice in the shop advertising the Police Community Van in needs to be up-dated. The Van in has not operated for several years! This was noted.

PARISH COUNCIL ELECTIONS - Nominations received by TVBC

Cllr Mr D Davies

Cllr Mrs S Turner

Cllr Mr S Bluff

Cllr Mr T Bowden

Cllr Mr M Bladen and Cllr Mr P Stinton will be co-opted back onto the Parish Council should they wish to stand as they had not got their nomination papers in on time.

CLOSE OF THE MEETING

The Chairman thanked everyone for coming and closed the meeting.

DATES OF THE NEXT MEETING - 11th May 2015 AGM