Minutes of the Shipton Bellinger Parish Council Meeting held on Monday 2nd March 2015 in the Main Hall, Village Centre at 7.30pm.

Present : Cllr Miss A Reynolds - Chairman

Cllr Mrs S Turner

Cllr Mr S Bluff

Cllr Mr M Bladen

Richard Waterman - Parish Clerk

County Councillor Mrs P West

Mr D Sperry - Village Centre Chairman

Members of the Public - 4

Apologies : Cllr Mr D Davies - Vice Chairman, Cllr Mr P Stinton, Cllr Mr T Bowden and

Borough Councillor Mr P Lashbrook.

WELCOME - The Chairman welcomed everyone to the meeting.

DECLARATION OF INTERESTS

There were no declarations of interest recorded.

MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETINGS.

The Chairman signed the minutes of the previous meeting as a true record. Matters arising

from those minutes :-

PLAY AREA - The Clerk reported that he had received a telephone call from the Accounts Department at Hags SMP informing him that a letter is being sent to the Parish Council, requesting final payment of the account before being passed to their Solicitor. This was discussed, the Clerk was asked to contact the Parish Council’s insurance Company for advice.

The Clerk reported that the Parish Council have received a bill for £24.80 from the Health and Safety Executive for charges re the investigation into the Zip Wire accident. The Parish Council thought this should be challenged. The Clerk will write to HSE for an explanation.

Cllr Mr T Bowden has looked at the area around the dug out for the cricket nets and has suggested that if the area is levelled there may be enough soil for infill. Cllr Mr T Bowden will speak to Nelly. The Parish Council thought this a good idea and it would solve the problem of getting more soil on site.

HIGHWAYS - The Clerk reported that a replacement bracket for the Flashing Speed Sign (FSS) has been sourced and the FSS has been back in the village. The crossroad sign at the top of Bulford Road on the A338 has been reinstated.

Cllr Mr M Bladen mentioned the potholes in Bulford Road, these have been reported to Highways - it was noted that Highways have put markings around these pot holes.

YOUTH SHELTER - Quote for repairs in hand.

FOOTPATH 5 - Quotes are still being sort - The Clerk reported that he has applied for a grant of £500 towards the project from the TVBC Borough Councillors Community Budget.

 

VILLAGE CENTRE

Mr D Sperry reported that the new fire doors for the kitchen and Fletcher room are in hand.

The Shipton Rams had complained that the football pitches were water logged, they have since been aerated by Gavin Jones, the work was paid for by the Rams. It has been suggested to the Rams they purchase and install extra goal supports so that the pitches can be rotated.

The Village Centre have another ‘Hog the Limelight’ event Roving Crows, tickets are on sale. The contractors doing the PLP work in the village have now vacated the Playing Field.

PLANNING. There were no planning applications to discuss.

COUNTY COUNCILLOR MRS P WEST’S REPORT

Hampshire County Council have worked through their budget for the next financial year and there will be no increase in the HCC part of the Council Tax bill. However there will be cuts across the board in most services.

Cllr Mrs P West stated that this was her last meeting as the County Councillor and thanked Shipton Bellinger and the Parish Council for the warm welcome she received when ever she visited the Parish, she has enjoyed her time as the County Councillor but is looking forward

to new challenges. The Parish Council wished her all the best for the future.

FINANCE

EXPENDITURE - Cheques to be issued in March 2015

T Services Grounds Maintenance £45.00

SBVC Hire of Room £10.00

Mr D Davies Bank Refund for Expenses £50.00

Mr M Bladen Bank refund for Expenses £50.00

Health and Safety Executive Charge for investigation - 1 £24.80

Standing Order

R.N. Waterman Wages - March £400.00

Aviva Insurance – March £97.02

£676.82

MONEY RECEIVED

106 money for BMX Fencing £3,973.21

WORKING BALANCE AFTER ABOVE TRANSACTIONS - £1,313.19

MONEY DUE IN - VAT to be claimed £1,028.36

PARISH COUNCILLORS REPORTS

CLLR MISS A REYNOLDS - Cllr Miss A Reynolds reported that there had been a problem at the weekend with parking at the Rams Football match. Cllr Miss A Reynolds has been in contact with the Shipton Rams football team regarding the problem but had not yet received a reply. It was suggested that cones be put out to stop parking on the corner by the Village Centre, this would need to be undertaken by the Rams. It was not sure if why the School had not been contacted to arrange the use of their grounds for additional parking.

Miss A Reynolds reported that Lynne Jones has asked if the Parish Council would like a stand at the 2015 Fete. The Parish Council discussed this and agreed that they would not require a stand at the fete. Many of the Parish Councillors are committed to other stands at the fete.

Miss A Reynolds spoke about the fencing behind the containers and round the corner. This was discussed and it was agreed that Chris Tait will be asked to quote to continue the existing wooden fencing behind the containers and round the corner. Once this has been done and the area levelled the bench and bin can be installed.

CLLR MRS S TURNER - Reported that someone had dumped a load of brambles at the entrance to Footpath 8 from the A338. These have been cleared.

PARISH COUNCIL ELECTIONS

The Chairman reminded the Parish Councillors of the Parish Council Elections in May and that they needed to submit their nomination papers. The Clerk will take completed nomination papers into TVBC if it is inconvenient for Councillors to do so.

The Chairman stated that she would not be standing. The Parish Council were sorry to hear this.

CORRESPONDENCE

The Parish Council have been invited to the Shipton Good Neighbours AGM on the 11th March at 3pm in the Fletcher Room. Due to other commitments the Councillors could not attend. The Clerk stated that he will attend.

A letter has been received from a parishioner regarding the state of the pavement and the lack of street lighting between St Peters Close and the A338. The Parish Council felt that the street lighting is adequate and the pavement will be reported to Highways for their inspection. The Clerk will reply to the Parishioner.

MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC

Mr D Stubbs raised the issue of the overgrown hedges at the top of Bulford Road, the mud on Footpath 5 behind Hedges Close, this was discussed earlier in the meeting, and an overgrown track at the top of Parkhouse Road. All issues were noted.

Mrs C Estlick spoke about the foul stench from the recent muck spreading, there was also a lot of mud left on the road, this has now been washed off by the recent heavy rain.

Mr D Sperry asked if there was any further news on the issue of parking on the grass verge at the High Street, Bulford Road junction. The Clerk stated that it had been reported to Highways but he had no further details to report.

CLOSE OF THE MEETING

The Chairman thanked everyone for coming and closed the meeting.

DATES OF THE NEXT MEETING - 13th April 2015