Minutes of the Shipton Bellinger Parish Council Meeting held on Monday 2nd February 2015 in the Main Hall, Village Centre at 7.30pm.

Present : Cllr Miss A Reynolds - Chairman

Cllr Mr D Davies - Vice Chairman

Cllr Mrs S Turner

Cllr Mr S Bluff

Cllr Mr M Bladen

Cllr Mr T Bowden

Cllr Mr P Stinton

Richard Waterman - Parish Clerk

County Councillor Mrs P West

Mr D Sperry - Village Centre Chairman

Members of the Public - 2

Apologies : Borough Councillor Mr P Lashbrook and Mrs C Estlick.

WELCOME - The Chairman welcomed everyone to the meeting.

DECLARATION OF INTERESTS

Cllr Mr T Bowden declared an interest in the Village Centre

MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETINGS.

The Chairman signed the minutes of the previous meeting as a true record. Matters arising

from those minutes :-

PLAY AREA - Hags SMP carried out the repairs to the Zip Wire and completed the snagging list on the 8th December 2014. The Chairman stated that apart from sending the Clerk a reminder to pay the bill there has been no correspondence from Hags. The Chairman reported that she had contacted Hags SMP to relay that despite previous communication on Customer Service, she was very disappointed that no correspondence had been received to confirm that the work had been completed.

The Parish Council discussed the outstanding bill for the Play Equipment and agreed to stick with their decision to withhold 10% of the total bill. It was agreed that the Parish Council will now pay the bill for the Zip Wire.

The Clerk reported that he has been informed by the Parish Council Insurance Company that the claim has been settled and they will be seeking reimbursement from Hags SMP. There has been no further correspondence from the Health and Safety Executive.

Cllr Mr P Stinton reported that had not been able to get any soil to fill in the area dug out for the cricket nets. Cllr Mr T Bowden stated that he will get quotes for soil for the next meeting.

HIGHWAYS - Highways have dug out the ditches and gullies in Bulford Road and the A338. A ditch at the top of Parkhouse Road has also been dug out. The pipe under the road for this ditch and the others on the A338 will be jetted in the next financial year.

There are a few on-going issues with road signs. It was noted that we now have three ‘cross road’ signs on the approach to the High Street from Tidworth direction, one has been placed on the Flashing Speed Sign post and the FSS bracket has been removed. Highways are sourcing a replacement bracket.

STREET LIGHTS - The Clerk reported that two of the three outstanding street lights have

now been replaced.

FOOTPATH 8 - There are now two kissing gates on footpath 8. The land owner has also put up new fencing on two sides of the field. Cllr Mrs S Turner stated that she thought that they had done a good job.

FLOODING

Cllr Mr T Bowden reported that he has asked Nelly to contact Cllr Mr S Bluff with the quote to repair the river bank collapse at Red Villas. Cllr Mr S Bluff has not yet received the quote.

YOUTH SHELTER - Mr B Pearce has been asked to quote to do the repairs.

FOOTPATH A338 - Cllr Mr P Stinton reported that he has been informed that there is no funding available from the Watery Lane junction project for a footpath from Shipton Bellinger to Tidworth. Cllr Mr P Stinton is still pursuing Tidworth Town Council and Wiltshire Council. However Cllr Sean Woodward from HCC advised Cllr Stinton that a feasibility study will take place on the proposal for a footpath. Cllr Mrs P West urged Cllr Mr P Stinton to keep up the email pressure with HCC.

FOOTPATH 5 - Quotes are still being sort.

VILLAGE CENTRE

Mr D Sperry thanked the Parish Council for agreeing to the £5000 grant request for the next financial year, the additional money will go towards the work needed to bring the Village Centre up to the current Fire Safety Regulations - new fire doors for the kitchen and Fletcher room have been ordered.

The Village Centre have had one of their best ever ‘Hogg the Limelight’ events. Over 80 people attended. Mr Sperry reported that communications with the contractors doing the PLP work in the village are poor. They have been on site for 23 weeks and there are still problems with locking the chain in place.

PLANNING. There were no planning applications to discuss.

COUNTY COUNCILLOR MRS P WEST’S REPORT

Cllr Mrs P West spoke about gritting and the new routes for 2015. Hampshire County Council are working through the budget for the next financial year and hope that there will be no increase in the HCC part of the Council Tax bill.

Cllr Mrs P West spoke about the Accident and Emergency Departments in Hampshire Hospitals, mentioning how good the service is at Minor Injuries department at Andover Hospital. Cllr Mrs P West spoke about the MOD Conference and the influx of Army Personnel into the area. Cllr Mrs West also spoke about the cuts in the Mobile Library Service.

The Chairman gave an up-date on the correspondence she and the Chairman of Thruxton Parish Council have had with the Hampshire Library Service after it was reported that without consultation they were changing the day that the Library Bus visits both villages.

Hampshire Library Service have now agreed to go back to Tuesday visits. However a further complication has now arisen with the offer of an additional visit, this needs to be confirmed, the Chairman reported that she has been in contact again with the Library Service but has not had a reply.

PARISH COUNCILLORS REPORTS

CLLR MISS A REYNOLDS - Reported that she had received a complaint from a parishioner regarding the mound of human waste fertiliser being stored in a field at the top of Parkhouse Road. The complaint concerned the management of the site and health and safety issues. Cllr Miss A Reynolds has spoken to the TVBC Environmental Services, they will be writing to the farmer to remind them of their Civil Duty of Care. She has also been in contact with the Environment Agency to confirm the Defra guidelines and it was noted that Defra rules mean the farmer can not spread the fertilizer between the 15th October and 31st January.

Cllr Miss A Reynolds reported that she has been in contact with the Shipton Rams football team regarding the wearing of football boots on the play equipment. The Rams are aware and felt it was probably visiting teams. The Rams will inform their visiting teams about the No Football Boots on the Play Area rule when they confirm matches.

Mr D Sperry stated that there is still a problem with parking at football matches and the Rams will be spoken to again. The Rams have requested that drainage work be carried out on the field and have offered to pay for this to be done.

CLLR MR S BLUFF - Gave an up-date on Neighbourhood Watch. The last bit of the Personal Flood Protection Scheme is nearing completion. Re-shaping the river bed will need to be tackled, this can hopefully start once the quote has been received from Nelly.

CLLR MR P STINTON - Reported that PCSO David Trowbridge has looked at the problem of parking opposite the Watery Lane bridge and it is believed he has spoke to residents.

Cllr Mr P Stinton spoke about the Armed Forces Covenant funding that covers medical and housing issues for soldiers when they come out of the forces. Funding goes back to the soldiers home town. He felt that soldiers should have the choice as many do not return to their home town when the leave, things need to be changed.

Cllr Mr P Stinton gave his apologies for the March and April meetings.

CLLR T BOWDEN - Cllr Mr T Bowden reported that the new Wheelers Bus Service have been going out of the village via Watery Lane, completely missing the bus stop in Bulford Road. This was noted. The Chairman had passed this on to Wiltshire Council Transport a few weeks earlier.

Cllr Mr T Bowden reported pot holes in Bulford Road and on the A338 at the Tidworth cross roads. The Chairman stated that she has reported the pot holes at the Tidworth crossroads to Wiltshire Council on several occasions as well bringing it to Tidworth Town Council’s attention. A new programme of repairs has been scheduled and these pot holes will be included.

Cllr Mr T Bowden reported that the Huskies will be visiting the Village again over the August Bank Holiday weekend.

CLLR MR M BLADEN - reported that BT Open Reach are doing a lot of work on the A338. This work is being done to improve the broadband service at the Cholderton exchange.

CLLR MRS S TURNER - Reported that the engineers have been regrading the hill at Echo Echo and all the chalk mound has gone. Cllr Mrs S Turner gave Cllr Mr Bluff some new Neighbourhood Watch signs for the village.

 

 

FINANCIAL REPORT

Cheques to be issued in February 2015

SBVC Hire of Room £65.00

Mr C Wilkins Grass Cutting/Litter Collecting £150.00

Mr M Bladen Paint/Materials £45.53

Hags SMP Play Area - Zip Wire £4831.35

Mr B Pearce Ditch Clearing and signs £220.00

Richard Waterman Expenses £79.40

Standing Order

R.N. Waterman Wages - January £400.00

R.N. Waterman Wages - February £400.00

Aviva Insurance – January £97.02

Aviva Insurance - February £97.02

£6,385.31

WORKING BALANCE AFTER ABOVE TRANSACTIONS

£1,990.01

PLAY AREA

Money still outstanding for BMX Fencing - Application being processed - £4,767.85

The Clerk reported that TVBC have confirmed that the 106 money is due to be released once Cllr Mrs E Charnley signs off the project. Several attempts have been made to contact her but she has not replied. The Clerk reported that he has also sent Cllr Mrs E Charnley an email but has also not received a reply. Cllr Mrs P West stated that she will contact Cllr Mrs E Charnley.

CORRESPONDENCE

Information on the proposed developments to house the influx of army personnel on Salisbury Plane has been received. There have been several displays and meetings over the last six months.

MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC

Car parking on the verge at the High Street/Bulford Road was raised, the vehicles are damaging the verge. The Clerk will report this to Highways but it was thought that part of the land belongs to the householder.

Mr D Sperry reported that 21st March 2015 has been designated a national Clean Up day by the Government. A Tool Kit is available by registering on line.

Cllr Mrs P West stated that she would be standing down from the County Council in April 2015, March will be the last meeting she will be attending as the County Councillor. A decision she has taken great pains to reach but feels that its time to take on other challenges.

Cllr Mrs P West introduced Mrs Pam Mutton who is standing for Borough Councillor to replace Cllr Mrs E Charnley who is not standing in the forthcoming elections.

CLOSE OF THE MEETING

The Chairman thanked everyone for coming and closed the meeting.

DATES OF THE NEXT MEETING - 2nd March