Minutes of the Shipton Bellinger Parish Council Meeting held on Monday 6th October 2014 in the Main Hall, Village Centre at 7.30pm.

Present : Cllr Miss A Reynolds - Chairman

Cllr Mr D Davies - Vice Chairman

Cllr Mrs S Turner

Cllr Mr M Bladen

Cllr Mr T Bowden

Cllr Mr S Bluff

Richard Waterman - Parish Clerk

Mr David Sperry - Village Centre Chairman

Members of the Public - 2

Apologies : Cllr Mr P Stinton

WELCOME - The Chairman welcomed everyone to the meeting.

DECLARATION OF INTERESTS- Cllr T Bowden declared an interest in the Village Shop.

MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETINGS.

The Chairman signed the minutes of the previous meeting as a true record. Matters arising

from those minutes :-

POST OFFICE - The Chairman reported that she has received further communication from

Sir George Young’s Parliamentary Secretary confirming the re-opening of the Post Office.

Cllr Mr T Bowden reported that the Post Master is pleased with the customer numbers that

have been visiting the Post Office since re-opening. The days and times of opening have

been changed, the Post Office will now be open :-

Monday’s 12.30 - 4.30pm

Tuesday’s - 10am to 2pm

Friday’s - 10am to 2pm

PLAY AREA - The new play area has been installed but disappointly the seat of the Zip Wire

broke after a few hours use. Unfortunately there has also been an accident, the Zip Wire is

now out of commission and the matter is with the Health and Safety Executive.

HIGHWAYS - There are still some outstanding jobs that need to be completed before the

onslaught of winter. The Bulford Road ditches still need digging out, several road signs need attention and the road drains need clearing. There has been no contact from Keith

Thompson’s replacement.

STREET LIGHTS - There are still a few units that need replacing to complete the job. The

Clerk reported that HCC Street Lighting have sorted out a replacement for the light on the

Footpath 6 (the street light on Rosemary Cottage).

FOOTPATH 8 - Cllr Mrs S Turner reported that the kissing gate has not been reinstalled and

the stile has not been repaired. This was noted.

BMX FENCING - The Chairman reported that the administration error regarding the claiming

of the 106 money for the BMX fencing has been ironed out and the application is now going

through. Chris Tait is due to start work on the fencing.

AUDIT - The Clerk explained the issue raised by District Audit. Part of the precept paid last

year by TVBC was in the form of a grant to cover the new Local Council Tax scheme,

although there was no difference in the amount the grant should have been reported in Box

3 ‘Other Income’ rather than Box 2 ‘Precept’.

SOLAR FARM - The Parish Council’s objections to the Solar Farm were submitted. The

Chairman reported that she had written to Highways regarding the way they dealt with this

application and their failure to observe the potential problems with lorry movements along

Snoddington Lane.

The Chairman reported that the following letter has been received from Brendon Clarke,

Senior Planner at Lightsource :-

Dear Sir,

As you will be aware, Lightsource has recently submitted a planning application for a

proposed solar farm at Land north of Snoddington Road, Shipton Bellinger (Test Valley

Council Ref: 14/01831/FULLN). This has followed extensive pre-application work, which

included the completion of numerous specialist studies, and an extensive community

engagement programme, which included an information evening held in Shipton Bellinger

Village.

You will be aware that we have attempted to engage with the Parish Council, initially

through approaches via staff at Middlemarch Communications, and later via contact

between Lightsource staff and Cllr Anne Reynolds. Whilst we have not yet had the

opportunity to discuss the proposal directly with the Parish, we wish again to formally

extend an offer to discuss, and if possible meet, with members regarding the proposal.

As part of these discussions, we wish to discuss a Community Benefit offer, which

Lightsource offer for all its proposals. For this particular site, the offer would be of a value of £16,200 per year for 20 years (totalling £324,000). This value would be index linked so

would rise with inflation.

We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss both the community benefit offer, and the

project in general if at all possible. Please circulate this letter to all members of the Parish

Council.

The Chairman stated that Paul Jackson, head of Planning at TVBC and Bill Linds the Borough Solicitor have been consulted on the legality of engaging with Lightsource regarding the Community Benefit offer. Both have acknowledged that it is usual for this type of offer. Bill Linds suggested that all correspondence is made public and reported at the Parish Council meetings. The Chairman has written to Brendon Clarke registering the Parish Councils interest in discussing the Community Benefit should permission for the planning proposal be given.

Note: Subsequent to the meeting Lightsource have withdrawn the planning application

VILLAGE CENTRE

Mr David Sperry reported that The Shipton Bellinger News has been delivered and the next

production ‘Heroes’ is advertised on the front cover.

The Village Centre Chairman and Treasurer will be meeting with the Parish Clerk to discuss

the Village Centre grant request.

Mr Sperry reported that he was very disappointed with the PLP Contractor after an ongoing

saga with the field chain and the padlock. Cllr Mr S Bluff emailed the foreman to try and

resolve the issue.

FLOODING/PLP

Cllr Mr S Bluff gave an up-date on the PLP and Flooding.

 Work has been carried out on 18 properties with a further 6 to be done once planning

issues have been sorted out. The cost of the work has been in the region of £150,000.

 The Environment Agency are being pressed to carry out an inspection of the river bed

and to provide an assurance that it will be cleared again this year.

 Part of the river bank on the land owned by the Parish Council adjacent to Red Villas has

collapsed and needs repairing. Repair will be discussed with the Environment Agency.

 The river bank through the village needs to be evened up to increase flow.

 The algae is still in the river bed and the Environment Agency need to clear this before

water starts flowing again.

 Veolia have carried out the work required on lagoon 4 at the Tidworth sewage plant.

 Cllr Mr P Lashbrook and Cllr Mr S Bluff attended a TVBC workshop on flooding in May and

will be attending a further one in November.

 A basic Village Emergency Plan has been put together but needs further work.

NEIGHBOURHOOD WATCH

Cllr Mr S Bluff reported that ‘No Trick or Treat’ notices are available for anyone who wishes

to display them at Halloween.

RUBBISH

The Clerk reported that he has ordered 2 additional rubbish bins for the new play area.

The problem with rubbish on the playing field and the play area was discussed at length.

The problem of disposing the rubbish was also discussed. It was agreed that the Parish

Council will pay for a contract to have a large 1100ltr bin, this will be emptied every

fortnight. The bin will be enclosed in a structure and locked to prevent misuse. The Village

Centre will make sure that the bins on the Playing Field are emptied regularly.

It was agreed that the Head Teacher at the school will be asked if he can mention the

problem of rubbish at the school assembly.

PLAY AREA

OFFICIAL OPENING - The Chairman stated that the Official Opening of the Play Area has

been organised for 30th October 2014 at 2pm during the school half term holiday. This has

been advertised in the Shipton News. Col James Denny, Garrison Commander at Tidworth

will be opening the play area, representatives from TVBC will also be invited. Refreshments

will be served.

PLAY AREA LANDSCAPING - Cllr Mr T Bowden reported that he had seeded the area in front

the containers but the weeds have overtaken and the seed has not taken properly. He

intends to weed kill the area and re-seed. The Parish Council will eventually place a bench in this area and one of the litter bins.

CCTV - Extending the CCTV coverage was briefly discussed, Mr D Sperry will get an updated quote to extend the CCTV system for more camera coverage.

PARISH COUNCILLORS REPORTS

CLLR MR T BOWDEN - Reported that there has been three accidents involving motorbikes

on the A338 at the Watery lane Junction. There has also been an accident on the A303 slip

road coming from Amesbury direction and some reports of drivers using both lanes. It was

thought that this may be down to there not being a sign indicating two way traffic. The

Chairman was sure that there is a sign but it has been knocked askew. This will be reported

to the Highways Agency.

Cllr Mr T Bowden reported that the brambles growing in the school hedge are overgrowing

the pavement again and need cutting back. Cllr Mr T Bowden asked if the school have

reimbursed the Parish Council yet for the work that was carried out on their hedge on

Footpath 6? The Chairman stated that they had not, and suggested that the £100 be

written off. It was suggested that the school use this money to get the offending brambles

cut back. No decision was made.

CLLR MISS A REYNOLDS - Reported that she has resigned from being a school governor as

she no longer can devote the time to the job. However the School Governors constitution is

due to change and the Community Governor role will also change. Cllr Miss a Reynolds will

remain as a link with the school for the time being.

Cllr Miss A Reynolds reported that Cholderton Water have put together the following letter

as a result of complaints about the recent disruption to the water supply in the village.

Dear Customer,

We recognise that interrupting water supplies should be avoided as far as possible. Over

the next few months we will endeavour to fit valves at strategic points in the village, which

will enable us to isolate sections where we have to carry out essential maintenance without

having to cut off water supply over a wide area.

However, we recognise that communication between the company and customers has

needed improvement recently particularly when work is to be carried out that could cause

temporary disruption to water supply at customer's properties.

I am currently collating details to compile our Residents Communication Group. The

members of this group have very kindly offered to do their best to cascade any email or

telephone correspondence to neighbours and residents regarding any planned or

emergency disruption to supply. If you would like to be part of this group please email

water©choldertonestate.co.uk with your name, address, email address and home/mobile

telephone numbers.

After collating feedback and suggestions from our customers and careful consideration, we

have developed the process below to which we will adhere in order to implement an

improved and robust communication policy.

• The company will aim to provide 72 hours notice of any planned disruption to supply with

a minimum of 48 hours notice. In the rare instance of emergency works needing to be

carried out, less notice may be given but we will do our utmost to keep these types of

repairs to a minimum and communicate them reasonably.

• In the event of planned disruption:

• Posters will be added to strategic points around the affected area/s. i.e. local shop/public

houses/notice boards/bus stops

• Residents Communication Group will be contacted by email/telephone and/or SMS Text

messaging.

• Contact Chairman of Parish Council • Email/Telephone Local Businesses • Update Village

Facebook Page

Best wishes, Adam Lowe

FINANCIAL REPORT

FINANCIAL POSITION - OCTOBER 2014

EXPENDITURE

Cheques to be issued in October 2014

SBVC Hire of Room £30.00

Mr B Pearce Grass cutting £205.00

R.N. Waterman Wages £400.00

SBVC 1/2 Year Grant £2000.00

T Services Grass Cutting BMX and Play Area £108.00

Play Safety Inspection Ltd Play Ground Inspection £354.00

Standing Order

Aviva Insurance – October £97.02

£3,194.02

INCOME - 2nd half of precept £11,000

WORKING BALANCE AFTER ABOVE TRANSACTIONS = £9,832.09

PLANNING

14/02272/FULLN - Two storey side extension to form kitchen/diner with bedroom and

En-suite over - 83 Parkhouse Road, Shipton Bellinger.

The Parish Council had NO OBJECTIONS to this planning application.

MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC

Mr D Stubbs reported that the hedge at the top of Bulford Road (both sides) need cutting

back as they are very overgrown. Mr D Stubbs mentioned several road signs that are in

need of attention. This was noted and will be reported to the relevant authorities.

Mr D Sperry reported that the vicarage hedge is overgrowing the footpath adjacent to

Wilton Terrace, the footpath is getting difficult to walk. The Clerk will report this to the vicar.

CLOSE OF THE MEETING

The Chairman thanked everyone for coming and closed the meeting

DATE OF THE NEXT MEETING

3rd November 2014 in the Fletcher Room, Village Centre at 7.30pm

THE PARISH COUNCIL HAD AN ‘IN CAMERA’ MEETING FOLLOWING THIS MEETING TO DISCUSS LEGAL ISSUES REGARDING THE NEW PLAY AREA