Minutes of the Shipton Bellinger Parish Council Meeting held on Monday 1st September 2014 in the Main Hall, Village Centre at 7.30pm.

Present : Cllr Miss A Reynolds - Chairman

Cllr Mr D Davies - Vice Chairman

Cllr Mrs S Turner

Cllr Mr M Bladen

Cllr Mr T Bowden

Richard Waterman - Parish Clerk

Borough Councillor Mr P Lashbrook

County Councillor Mrs P West

Mr David Sperry - Village Centre Chairman

Members of the Public - 33.

Apologies : Cllr Mr S Bluff, Cllr Mr P Stinton and Borough Councillor Mrs E Charnley

WELCOME - The Chairman welcomed everyone to the meeting.

DECLARATION OF INTERESTS

Cllr T Bowden declared an interest in the Village Shop.

MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETINGS.

The Chairman signed the minutes of the previous meeting as a true record. Matters arising

from those minutes :-

POST OFFICE - The Chairman reported that she has received communication from Sir

George Young’s Parliamentary Secretary regarding the Post Office. The Post Office are in a period of consultation on proposed opening hours and reinstatement to the Village Shop.

Cllr Mr T Bowden reported that the Post Office will initially be opening on the following dates :-

9th September 2014 - 10am to 2pm

10th September 2014 - 10am to 2pm

11th September 2014 - 12pm to 4pm

The Parish Council though this good news.

PLAY AREA - The new play area is in the process of being installed and should be completed before the end of the week. The installer will supply a certificate of completion and it has been recommended that an independent equipment inspection is carried out by the Parish Council to ensure that the equipment has been installed correctly. The Clerk has this in hand.

HIGHWAYS - There are still some outstanding jobs that need to be completed before the onslaught of winter. The Bulford Road ditches need digging out and the road drains need clearing. Cllr Mrs P West reported that Keith Thompson has now left to take up his post else where in Hampshire, his replacement is due to start on the 8th September 2014. Cllr Mrs P West will arrange for him to come and meet the Parish Council.

STREET LIGHTS - There are still a few units that need replacing to complete the job. The Clerk reported that HCC Street Lighting have stated that there is a bit of a problem with the light on the Footpath 6 (the street light on Rosemary Cottage) they have noted that the light does not provide a lot of light due to its angle, changing the angle of the streetlight would restrict access for high vehicles, installing an additional pole would be very expensive. and they have asked if the Parish Council would be happy for it to be removed. The Parish Council were not keen to loose this street light and felt that it was up to Street Lighting to find a solution.

FOOTPATH 8 - The Chairman reported that HCC Rights of Way have confirmed that they will be reinstalling the kissing gate as it has not been installed correctly and keeps opening causing concerns for the safety of the horse in the field. The broken stile will also be addressed.

VILLAGE CENTRE

Mr David Sperry reported that he has been approached by the Environment Agency regarding using the Village Centre Car Park for a compound enclosure during the PLP flood work being carried out in the village. The proposed compound will take 1/3 of the car park and this will cause problems. Mr David Sperry stated that he had not been consulted about this prior to the request.

The Chairman stated that the Parish Council had also not been consulted about the compound before receiving the request. Cllr Mr S Bluff is due to return from holiday the following morning and she was sure that he will deal with the issue.

CLLR MRS P WEST’S REPORT

Cllr Mrs P West stated that she had nothing to report as Hampshire County Council take annual leave during August.

CLLR MR P LASHBROOK’S REPORT

Cllr Mr P Lashbrook reported that he and Cllr Mr S Bluff will reporting on the Ward Flood Resilience scheme at the October Parish Council meeting.

The Chairman stated that Cllr Mr S Bluff will give an up-date on flooding and water issues at the October meeting.

PARISH COUNCILLORS REPORTS

CLLR MR T BOWDEN - Reported that the A338 gullies through the Parish need clearing. This will be passed onto Highways.

CLLR MISS A REYNOLDS - Spoke about administrative problems that have occurred while claiming the 106 money for the BMX Track fencing. TVBC have backtracked on what the Open Space Money can be used for. The Clerk is providing additional information and is trying to overcome the issue, Cllr Mr P Lashbrook has offered assistance if needed.

FINANCIAL REPORT

EXPENDITURE

Cheques to be issued in July and September 2014

T Services Grass Cutting £72.00

SBVC Hire of Room £80.00

Mr B Pearce Grass cutting £90.00

TVBC Flashing Speed Sign Maintenance £395.00

R.N. Waterman ½ Year Expenses £87.50

Billy Box Container for Fete £1956.00

Chris Wilkins Village Maintenance £409.35

BDO Ltd Audit Fee £120.00

Standing Order

R.N. Waterman Wages – August £400.00

R.N. Waterman Wages - September £400.00

Aviva Insurance – August £97.02

Aviva insurance - September £97.02

INCOME

Fete refund for container £1630.00

WORKING BALANCE AFTER ABOVE TRANSACTIONS

£2,026.11

AUDIT

The Clerk reported that District Audit have signed off the Accounts for the Year 1st April 2013 to 31st March 2014. One minor administrative issue has been raised, the Clerk reported that he did not understand the point raised and would get clarification before the October meeting.

PLANNING

14/01827/CLPN - Certificate of proposed development for a single storey rear extension

and bay window to bedroom - The Nook, Bulford Road.

The Parish Council had NO OBJECTIONS to this planning application.

14/01656/FULLN - Two storey side extension and single storey rear extension - 80

Gardeners Green, Shipton Bellinger.

The Parish Council had NO OBJECTIONS to this planning application.

14/01830/FULLN - Installation and operation of a solar farm and associated infastructure,

Including photovoltaic panels, mounting frames, inverters, transformers

Substations, communications building, fence and pole mounted security

Cameras - Land North of Snoddington Lane, Shipton Bellinger.

The Chairman invited the Members of the Public to comment on this planning application.

Representations were made from residents of Snoddington Lane, Thruxton Down and others from the village.

The Clerk has copies of the presentations and many letters of objection on file for future reference. The Chairman thanked those present for a comprehensive and thorough discussion on this planning application.

The Parish Council all agreed that they OBJECTED to this planning application and would submit the following :-

 

 

PLANNING APPLICATION : 14/01830/FULLN

The Parish Council Object to this planning application on the reasons listed below :-

There are already two solar farms within the Parish.

The visual impact on the open countryside. The site is remote and of a tranquil character providing wide open vistas. The area is rich of flora and fauna that must be protected.

The initial disruption to install the solar farm will be unacceptable to residents in the vicinity. Snoddington Lane is a single track road and is in a poor condition, access over the small bridge at the A338 end of Snoddington Lane is also of concern. Has this bridge been checked for a weight limit?

Snoddington Lane is regularly used by cyclists. The “Help for Heroes” charity based at nearby Tedworth House use Snoddington Lane as part of their route for the rehabilitation of wounded Soldiers.

The Kimpton Racing Stables also use Snoddington Lane to access the gallops.

The Parish Council suggest that the solar farms be sited on brownfield sites - utilising the roof tops of large industrial installations, where they would not be so obtrusive.

The Parish Council have received a strong representation against this planning application from Parishioners and Neighbouring Parishes.

8. One of our Parish Councillors has recently experienced the noise emitting from a

completed solar farm while holidaying in Cornwall. Concerns that noise will effect the

quality of life to near by properties.

9. There is insufficient landscaping especially as the site is more visible than the applicant

is saying, many of the Chestnut Tress along Snoddington Lane are diseased and may

need felling in the future, further exposing the proposed site.

CLOSE OF THE MEETING

The Chairman thanked everyone for coming and closed the meeting.

DATE OF THE NEXT MEETING

6th October 2014 in the Fletcher Room, Village Centre at 7.30pm.