Minutes of the Shipton Bellinger Parish Council Meeting held on Monday 7th July 2014 in the Fletcher Room, Village Centre at 7.30pm.

Present : Cllr Miss A Reynolds - Chairman

Cllr Mr D Davies - Vice Chairman

Cllr Mrs S Turner

Cllr Mr S Bluff

Cllr Mr M Bladen

Cllr Mr P Stinton

Cllr Mr T Bowden

Richard Waterman - Parish Clerk

Borough Councillor Mrs E Charnley

Member of the Public - Mrs C Estlick, Mr D Stubbs and Mrs W Sperry.

Apologies : Borough Councillor Mr P Lashbrook, Mr D Sperry - Village Centre Chairman and

County Councillor Mrs P West.

WELCOME - The Chairman welcomed everyone to the meeting.

DECLARATION OF INTERESTS

Cllr T Bowden declared an interest in the Village Shop.

MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETINGS.

The Chairman signed the minutes of the previous meeting as a true record. Matters arising

from those minutes :-

POST OFFICE - The Chairman reported that she has received communication from Sir

George Young’s Parliamentary Secretary regarding the Post Office. The Post Office are in

talks again with the Shop and the Landlord about using the premises as a outreach branch.

This was confirmed by Cllr T Bowden.

PLAY AREA - The Chairman reported that all the grant applications have been successful the play area project has full funding, a total of £68,470.28.

£27,412.00 = Armed Forces Covenant

£25,000.00 = TVBC Community Asset Fund

£ 3,244.19 = 106 Money

£ 500.00 = Fete

£ 2,314.09 = Youth Club money

£10,000.00 = Solar Farms donation - (adjacent to the A303)

£68,470.28

The Chairman reported that the order for the new Play Area and refurbishment of the

existing Play Area has been placed and work is due to commence on the 18th August 2014.

The Chairman will be putting an article in the Village News to let the village know the good

news.

HIGHWAYS - There has been no further news from Mr Ray Alborough on the plans for a

proposed right hand lane on the A338 to turn into Watery Lane. Many of the pot holes in

Watery Lane have been repaired. Highways have confirmed that they will reinstate the give

way markings at the Watery Lane/Bulford Road junction. The leaning 30 mph post at the

top of Bulford Road has not yet been done, Highways have again been contacted on this

issue.

STREET LIGHTS - There are still a few units that need replacing to be completed the job.

OVERGROWN TREE - The tree has now been removed.

PROPOSALS FOR A SOLAR FARM IN SNODDINGTON LANE - The Chairman stated that no

planning application has been received. If the planning application is received later this

month or early August an Extra Ordinary Parish Council meeting will be held to discuss the

application. If the planning application is received mid August the Parish Council will ask for

an extension and discuss it at the September meeting.

HEDGE ON FOOTPATH 5 - The Chairman reported that she had taken secateurs with her on

her walks and had cut back the protruding branches on the hedge by the allotments.

PUB SIGN - The Pub sign advertising ‘Sunday Lunch’ has been on the Village Green for

several days again. The Pub will be asked to remove it.

FIRE HYDRANTS - Hampshire Fire and Rescue were contacted after the last meeting and

have visited the village to check that the Fire Hydrants are working.

Hampshire Fire and Rescue have assured the Parish Council that a full test of the Fire

Hydrants is carried out every three years and added to a data base. Hampshire Fire and

Rescue vehicles use GPS and know where each hydrant is and if it is working. If there is a

major fire and one of the hydrants is not working an extra water bowser will be brought in.

Hampshire Fire and Rescue have agreed to send the Clerk a list of the Fire Hydrant positions in the village so they can be marked on the village map.

FOOTPATH 8 - HCC have installed the gate at the opposite end of the path to the broken

stile. Cllr Mr D Davies reported that he believed there was a problem with an underground

electricity cable at the broken stile site, Rights of way will investigate and report back to the

Parish Council.

VILLAGE CENTRE

Cllr Mr M Bladen reported that the Village Centre Management Committee are due to meet

soon and he had nothing to report. Cllr Mrs S Turner stated that the flowers outside the

Village Centre looked good. The Parish Council agreed.

PLANNING.

There were no new planning applications to discuss.

MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC

Mrs C Estlick reported that the road drains are still blocked along Bulford Road and at the

top of Parkhouse Road. This was noted and has been reported to Highways.

Mrs C Estlick spoke about the algae in the river bed and also asked whether a Flood Plan

Committee is to be set up as discussed earlier in the year? Cllr Mr S Bluff stated that he will

report on this later in the meeting.

Mrs Wendy Sperry reported that Shipton Rams have a Tournament this weekend and

permission has been granted for cars to park on the Playing Field.

ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES

The Parish Councillors roles and responsibilities were confirmed :-

FOOTPATHS - Cllr Mr P Stinton and Cllr Mr D Davies

FLOOD WARDEN - Cllr Mr S Bluff

COMMUNITY GOVERNOR - Cllr Miss A Reynolds

PLANNING - Cllr Mrs S Turner

VILLAGE CENTRE - Cllr Mr M Bladen and Cllr Mr S Bluff

CHOLDERTON WATER CONSUMER GROUP - Subject to availability of Councillors

CLLR MRS E CHARNLEY’S REPORT

Cllr Mrs E Charnley reported that the new Andover Bus Station is due to open on the 13th

July. The Bus Station has new shops and a café.

PARISH COUNCILLORS REPORTS

CLLR MISS A REYNOLDS - Spoke about the recent leakage from the fourth lagoon at the

Veolia sewage treatment plant in Tidworth. TVBC Environmental Health and the

Environment Agency have been involved.

Veolia are not sure of the cause of the leak and have emptied the lagoon for further

investigation and are carrying out a survey of the embankment, it is not thought that the

leak is down to rabbits. Once the lagoon has been repaired Veolia intend to increase their

inspections and will install a level sensor.

Cllr Mr S Bluff suggested that the Parish Council have a liaison officer to work with Veolia

possibly carrying out regular checks of the lagoon for leaks. Cllr Mr S Bluff thought it would

be a good idea for the Environment Agency, TVBC Environmental Health, Veolia and Parish

Council sit round a table to discuss the various issues that need addressing.

The Parish Council thought this a good idea. Cllr Mr S Bluff will speak to his contact at the

EA to suggest this.

The leakage into the river bed has caused algae to grow and Veolia are to undertake a

clearance.

The Chairman was concerned that information is not being co-ordinated through Cllr Mr S

Bluff, this causes confusion. The Chairman asked that all issues be forwarded to Cllr Mr S

Bluff as the Village Flood Warden who will then report the problem to the right authority.

This was noted.

CLLR MR S BLUFF - Reported that he had attended a Flood Workshop organised by TVBC.

TVBC seem to be taking the flooding issue seriously and are addressing the problems

parishes had during the winter flooding. TVBC are looking to give the Parish Council’s more

control on resources and have set aside a budget. The key feature is to manage the flow of

the water through the village, and even flow with no obstructions will minimise the potential

for flooding.

Cllr Mr S Bluff and Cllr Mr P Lashbrook are in the process of up-dating the Flooding

Resilience Plan for the village. Cllr Mr S Bluff reported that the PLP Scheme is ongoing and

problems with the Pumping Station during the flooding issue have been resolved.

CLLR MR P STINTON - Reported that he had attended a Parish Paths Partnership event at

Netley with Cllr Mr D Davies. It was stated that the trend is to replace stiles with gates,

Hampshire Rights of Way have gates in stock and offer training sessions on the correct way

to install them.

Hampshire Rights of Way also stated that there is an allotted slot for footpath cutting in

Shipton Bellinger, they indicated that this will be in September. Cllr Mr P Stinton will try to

ascertain which footpaths they intend to cut.

Cllr Mr P Stinton reported that the rubbish bin by the Gardeners Green Arch is overflowing

and needs emptying. The hedge belonging to No 8 Burselden Terrace is now blocking

footpath 5 and he will pay a visit to the householder to ask if it could please be cut back.

Cllr Mr P Stinton reported that the area where the human fertilizer was dumped has not

grown and there are rumours that there is to be a helipad installed between Shipton

Bellinger and Bulford.

CLLR MRS S TURNER - Reported that the Andover War Memorial Hospital are holding a WW1 commemoration service on the 3rd August 2014.

CLLR MR T BOWDEN - Reported that the Huskies are coming back to Shipton Bellinger over

the August Bank Holiday. The hedge on the corner house in Hedges Close/Parkhouse Road is very overgrown and making it difficult to walk on the pavement.

Cllr Mr T Bowden asked the Chairman if the school had made their contribution to the

hedge cutting on footpath 6? The Chairman stated that she had raised this at a previous

Governors Meeting and would do so again at the next one.

FINANCIAL REPORT

Cheques to be issued July 2014

SBVC Hire of Room £95.00

Mr B Pearce Grass cutting £90.00

P Reynolds Accounts for Audit £265.00

Standing Order

R.N. Waterman Wages – July £400.00

Aviva Insurance – July £97.02

INCOME

Light Source £3,333.34 (Play Area)

WORKING BALANCE AFTER ABOVE TRANSACTIONS

£4,600.00

CLOSE OF THE MEETING

The Chairman thanked everyone for coming and closed the meeting.

DATE OF THE NEXT MEETING

1st September 2014 in the Fletcher Room, Village Centre at 7.30pm.