Minutes of the Shipton Bellinger Parish Council Meeting held on Monday 3rd February 2014 in the Fletcher Room, Village Centre at 7.30pm.

Present : Cllr Miss A Reynolds - Chairman

Cllr Mr D Davies - Vice Chairman

Cllr Mr S Bluff

Cllr Mr P Stinton

Cllr Mr M Bladen

Richard Waterman - Parish Clerk

Borough Councillor Mr P Lashbrook

Borough Councillor Mrs E Charnley

County Councillor Mrs P West

Mr D Sperry - Village Centre Chairman

Member of the Public - 1

Apologies : Cllr Mrs S Turner and Cllr Mr T Bowden

DECLARATION OF INTERESTS - There were no Declarations of Interest recorded.

MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETINGS.

The Chairman signed the minutes of the previous meeting as a true record. Matters arising from those minutes :-

FLOODING - Cllr Mr S Bluff reported that he was disappointed that there has been no progress from the Environment Agency regarding the Property Level Protection Scheme despite numerous telephone calls and emails. However the EA have been very helpful in other areas and regular contact has ensured that they are abreast with the current situation in the village.

Cllr Mr S Bluff stated that he has visited several residents who have expressed concerns about possible flooding. Cllr Mr S Bluff reported that he picked up a ton of sand for filling sand bags. The Parish Council supply of empty sand bags is down to the last batch, it was agreed that more need to be ordered to replenish stocks. The Parish Council briefly discussed the Gel Bags that are being used in Tidworth, these do not need filling as the contents expands on contact with water, this will be investigated.

Cllr Mr S Bluff reiterated that the Parish Council are there to help and are not responsible for individual property protection, house holders need to protect their own property.

SOAK AWAY IN HEDGES CLOSE - There have been no further reports of flooding in Gardeners Green. Cllr Mr P Lashbrook reported that this is being monitored.

TREES - Cllr Mr D Davies reported that the letter to residents of large trees is still in the process of being delivered, Bulford Road is the last area to be done.

HIGHWAYS - The Chairman reported that Mandy Ware has confirmed that there were no objections to the Traffic Order Notice for the change of the speed limit on the A338. It should now be a matter of weeks before the new limits are implemented. The village gateways and new signs will be looked at in due course.

FOOTPATHS - No further news to report.

OVERHANGING TREES ON FOOTPATH 6 - Cllr Mr P Stinton reported that he has looked at the offending trees but has so far been unable to contact the householder who’s land they are on.

SAMS CAR PARK - The pot hole in ‘Sams’ car park has not yet been repaired. The Clerk reported that Aster would not put in an additional path, however if the village felt it was essential they could apply for permission to put in a path and cover the costs.

The Chairman felt that the additional path was not necessary and the Parish Council had other priorities for their budget. If however the Village Centre or the Footballers wished to take on the costs of the project that was a different matter.

CHOLDERTON WATER CONSUMER GROUP - A report of the recent village meeting is attached to these minutes with a link to the Cholderton Water web site.

POST OFFICE - The Post Office is unfortunately still shut. The Chairman reported that the Lottery and the Pay Point have been transferred over to the shop and are back in operation. Cllr Mrs E Charnley reported that the shop keepers are applying to take over the Post Office and are waiting for the applications forms.

GARDENERS GREEN ARCH - The Gardeners Green Arch has been removed, the Chairman hoped that TVBC will return to make good the walls either side. Cllr Mr P Lashbrook stated that this is in hand and that the TVBC Surveyor will be out when the weather gets better.

FLY TIPPING - The fly tipping reported at the last meeting has been cleared.

SCHOOL HEDGE - Hampshire Highways have not yet cut back the School hedge but have confirmed that they have passed the work on to TVBC.

VILLAGE CENTRE

Mr D Sperry reported that the Village Centre open day on the 24th January 2014 was a great success, 16 Village organisations put on exhibits. A plaque was unveiled marking all the organisations that helped to fund the new ceiling project. Mr D Sperry reported that there are still some jobs to do to complete the project, repositioning of the stage lighting bars, noise from the heating when there is a quiet event and heat loss via the stage are some of the areas to be looked at. A large screen for projectors is being considered.

Mr D Sperry reported that the recent Baker Boys event was excellent.

Cllr Mr M Bladen wished to thank Mr D Sperry and his team for the excellent job they have done with the ceiling project.

POLICE REPORT

PCSO David Trowbridge reported that everything at the Stockbridge Police Beat is as planned. Sgt Ross Hodges is still in charge and PC Don Stubbington is still the Beat Officer covering Shipton Bellinger. The roles have changed slightly and the PCSO’s are now the face of Policing, carrying out the Community Role and answering enquiries. The Police Officers are carrying out the job of intelligence and following up crimes etc.

PCSO David Trowbridge gave the crime figures for the last 90 days and reported that crime is low in the parish. PCSO David Trowbridge reported that he has been to speak to the School after it was reported that children are playing on the bridges in the High Street and the danger with the fast flowing flood water.

He is also working with the school to make parents aware of internet/cyber safety, a presentation is being organised for parents to make them aware of potential problems.

PCSO David Trowbridge praised the good Neighbourhood Watch Scheme in Shipton Bellinger and was pleased that the information is getting out to residents. The 101 telephone number should be used for non-urgent matters and 999 for emergencies.

PLANNING

There were no new planning applications to discuss. The Clerk reported that the Parish Council have been included in the consultation on future development in Tidworth, Bulford, Ludgershall and Perham Down to make provision for the additional 4000 troops and personal that will be moving to the area over the next few years. Maps were provided showing the areas for development.

This was discussed and it was felt that the increase in traffic on the A338 will be the biggest problem for the village, it was reported that alterations to the A303 junction and the Parkhouse Roundabout may need to be made.

PLAY AREA

The Chairman up-dated the Parish Council on the progress of applications for funding. Due to a lack of information on the Armed Forces Community Covenant Grant website the application only just made the deadline for the local panel at Hampshire County Council. The application was not endorsed this time but the Chairman has been encouraged to submit again for the next round in April. There were only a few minor additions to be included and it was thought that had the information to send to a local panel been available these could have been talked through in advance. The application will be re-submitted in April as the panel are keen to see this go through. The Chairman has made contact with the relevant people at HCC.

The Chairman has also submitted an application to the Lottery and TVBC. Light Source the company who manage the Solar Farms have indicated that they will help but have not confirmed how. Cllr Mr M Bladen and Cllr Mr P Stinton were keen to get the Fund Doctor involved in the fund raising and will pass the details onto the Chairman. Cllr Mrs P West offered to help from her devolved budget for the next financial year.

COUNTY CLLR MRS P WEST’S REPORT

Cllr Mrs P West reported that HCC do not plan to increase their part of the Council Tax. The Primary Health Care Trust are looking into the poor rate of patients mortality at Salisbury Hospital.

BOROUGH CLLR MRS E CHARNLEY’S REPORT

Cllr Mrs E Charnley reported that there is to be a monthly speciality market in Andover. The first one will be a Farmers and Craft on the 16th March 2014. At each market there will be two free stalls for local charities.

BOROUGH CLLR MR P LASHBROOK’S REPORT

Cllr Mr P Lashbrook reported that he is busy setting up contacts with Wiltshire to discuss and get the footpath project alongside the A338 up and running. The Police Inspector for the Rural Areas has set up a meeting to discuss Youth Neighbourhood Watch schemes.

Cllr Mr p Lashbrook thanked Cllr Mr s Bluff for all the hard work he is doing for both neighbourhood Watch and the flooding.

FINANCIAL REPORT

Cheques to be issued February 2014

Mr B Pearce Gully Clearing £160.00

SBVC Hire of Room £65.00

Miss A Reynolds Expenses £7.50

Standing Order

R.N. Waterman Wages – February £400.00

Aviva Insurance – February £97.02

Balance after above payments have been made £7144.59

PARISH COUNCILLORS REPORTS

CLLR MISS A REYNOLDS - Reported that Cllr Mr T Bowden has been in hospital but is now back home recuperating. The Parish Council wished him all the best for a speedy recovery.

Cllr Miss A Reynolds spoke about the recent incident of human waste fertiliser being delivered to land above the Beech Tree. Environment Health have been informed and have visited the site. With all the recent rain the waste has not been able to be ploughed in and the mounds have been covered with soil, apparently this is the correct procedure. Cllr Mr P Stinton express his concerns as liquid from the heap is seeping through and there is a foul smell. This will be relayed to Environmental Health at TVBC.

Cllr Miss A Reynolds reported that she is going investigate other parking options if the High St becomes impassable due to flooding.

CLLR MR D DAVIES - Reported that the water running off the field on to Watery Lane and into the river has caused damage to the road surface, this is now breaking up. This will be monitored and a job for Highways when the waters recede.

CLLR MR S BLUFF - Reported on the water levels and that the village was on Flood Alert. Southern Water found that the sewage pumps were not working in the pumping station at Manor Farm and have replaced both pumps. Once the problem of flooding has gone he intends to get all the various agencies together so a planned response can be formulated and everyone knows who is responsible for what with a contact list. As mentioned earlier in the meeting there has been concern expressed about children playing around the fast flowing river. The Chairman confirmed that the Headteacher at the Primary School has been made aware and it was brought up in assembly that morning.

Cllr Mr S Bluff and Cllr Mr P Lashbrook have started working on the Village Emergency Plan.

MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC

Mrs C Estlick spoke about the lack of gully clearing down Watery Lane and the blocked gully at the top of Bulford Road by the Village Centre. Cllr Mrs P West suggested that this is forwarded to Paul Walsh.

CLOSE OF THE MEETING

The Chairman thanked everyone for coming and closed the meeting.

DATE OF THE NEXT MEETING

3rd March 2014 in the Fletcher Room, The Village Centre at 7.30pm