Minutes of the Shipton Bellinger Parish Council Meeting held on Monday 2nd December 2013 in the Fletcher Room, Village Centre at 7.30pm.

Present : Cllr Miss A Reynolds - Chairman

Cllr Mr D Davies - Vice Chairman

Cllr Mr T Bowden

Cllr Mrs S Turner

Cllr Mr P Stinton

Cllr Mr M Bladen

Richard Waterman - Parish Clerk

Borough Councillor Mr P Lashbrook

Mr D Sperry - Village Centre Chairman

Member of the Public - 3

Apologies : Cllr Mr S Bluff, County Councillor Mrs P West and Borough Councillor Mrs E

Charnley.

DECLARATION OF INTERESTS - There were no Declarations of Interest recorded.

MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETINGS.

The Chairman signed the minutes of the previous meeting as a true record. Matters arising from those minutes :-

FLOODING - The Chairman reported that reported that the Environment Agency has contacted Cllr Mr S Bluff to inform him that Shipton Bellinger is included in the programme of works and they will make contact with an update in due course. The E.A. have started work on clearing of the river bed.

SOAK AWAY IN HEDGES CLOSE - Highways have been informed of the back up of water in the newly installed gullies as reported by Mr D Stubbs at the previous meeting. There has been no heavy rain since the incident so Highways have been unable to investigate as yet.

TREES - Cllr Mr D Davies reported that the letter to residents of large trees is in the process of being delivered.

HIGHWAYS - The Traffic Order Notice for the change of the speed limit on the A338 has been displayed on the Notice Boards and around the village. The Traffic Order Notice will also be in the Andover Advertiser.

The Chairman reported that she has received further correspondence from Mandy Ware on the issue of the village gateways. Mandy has confirmed that the gateways are positioned at the start of the speed limit not at the village boundary; designs will be looked at in due course. The Chairman reported that we are to have new village signs and the option to have a message added e.g. “Please drive carefully through our village”.

The Chairman reported that Mandy Ware has stated that once the consultation has been completed the speed limit changes could be put in place in a matter of weeks.

FOOTPATHS -

No 8 - Peter Watson has confirmed that both stiles will be replaced with kissing gates and the job has been added to the work schedule.

No10 - Peter Watson has not yet managed to speak to the landowner about the number of stiles on this path, and has suggested that the stiles are replaced with kissing gates. Hampshire could possibly provide the kissing gates but the installation costs would be down to the landowner. Peter Watson will continue to try and contact the landowner.

OVERHANGING TREES ON FOOTPATH 6 - Cllr Mr P Stinton apologised but he had not yet taken a look at the offending trees to see what action if any is needed.

SAMS CAR PARK - The pot hole in ‘Sams’ car park has not yet been repaired.

DRAGONS TEETH - The dragons teeth have been installed on the grass verge outside the Village Centre.

SCHOOL LIGHTING - The Chairman passed on the thanks to the Head Teacher for sorting out the lighting problem discussed at the previous meeting.

BMX FENCING - Application for 106 funding has been lodged with TVBC.

CHOLDERTON WATER CONSUMER GROUP - Unfortunately Shipton Bellinger were not represented at the recent Consumer Group meeting. Cholderton Water have been in contact with the Chairman and plan to hold a Public Meeting to inform the Village about their business plan and how this will effect water bills in the future. It will take place before 17th January 2014 as that is when the Business Plan has to be submitted.

POST OFFICE - Cllr Mr T Bowden reported that he has been in talks with the Post Office and was please to report that it has been agreed that the Lottery will be moved to the shop and the Pay terminal will soon follow. The Post Office are in discussion with the shop owners regarding taking over the running of the Post Office. Cllr Mr T Bowden reported that he is keeping Sir George Young informed of proceedings and that there has been a lot of negotiations with the Post Office Area Manager to try and get a temporary solution sorted until the shop owners can complete their training.

The Parish Council discussed the issue of the Post Office and felt that it would be catastrophic if the village lost this facility; it is believed that the temporary closure is already having an adverse effect on the shops business.

BIN AND PLAQUES - The Clerk reported that the bin has been installed on the Playing Field and the plaques fitted to the benches.

VILLAGE CENTRE

Mr D Sperry thanked Cllr T Bowden for supplying the Village Centre Christmas Tree; this is in the main hall and has been decorated. Mr D Sperry also wished to thank Cllr Mrs P west for organising the dragons teeth. One of the Village Centre gate posts has broken at its base, the wooden post is rotten. Chris Tait will fit a new post later in the week.

Mr D Sperry reported that Mr Andrew Sullivan is working with the Shipton Rams Football Team over the ongoing parking problem on match days.

The Chairman reported that a Shipton resident has written to Sir George Young about the dangerous and inconsiderate parking by the football teams, a copy of the letter has been sent to the Parish Council. Cllr Mr P Lashbrook also stated that he has received correspondence form Sir George young asking TVBC to intervene, Cllr Mr P Lashbrook stated that the parking problem is a Police matter not a TVBC one and he will be advising Sir George Young.

It was suggested that a pedestrian access path is put from ‘Sams’ car park leading to the Village Centre. It was pointed out that there is already a pedestrian exit albeit at the school end but it seems not all car park users are aware of its existence. The Clerk will however relay the suggestion to Astor Housing for comment.

It was reported that the Village Centre Cleaner has reported that the entrance to the Village Centre is getting very dirty and has suffer slight damage, it was thought that this is down to the youth who are sitting in the porch in the evenings, possibly as there is a light. It was suggested that a light be reinstated in the Youth Shelter and a bench sited to replace the one that was vandalised years ago.

The light was taken out of the Youth Shelter as it was vandalised and it was found that the wires had been tampered with. The Clerk stated that there are health and safety implications in adding an electric light in the Youth Shelter and therefore the cable would have to go under ground and the bulkhead light would need to be tamper proof. The Clerk suggested that a solar light be installed, these are relatively cheap to purchase and would eliminate the problems of installation.

The Chairman reported that the Village Centre is having an open day on the 24th January 2014 to promote the Village Centre and to view the new ceiling. The Parish Council have been invited to have a table.

PLANNING

13/02542/FULLN - Retention of a small ancillary communications building within the solar

farm - Parkhouse A303 and A338 Junction, Parkhouse Corner.

The Parish Council had NO OBJECTIONS to this planning application.

13/02543/VARN - Variation of condition 7 of 11/00554/FULLN - to allow temporary access

roads to remain on site - Parkhouse A303 and A338 junction, Parkhouse

Corner.

The Parish Council had NO OBJECTIONS to this planning application.

PLAY AREA

The Chairman reported that the Parish Council now have three quotes for the Play Area, 1 at £60,000 and 2 at £50,000. Cllr Mr M Bladen explained the quotes, these include new equipment for both the existing and new play areas, safety flooring, installation and painting and repairs to the existing play area. Now these are in the Chairman can complete the funding applications. The Armed Forces Covenant Community Grant application needs partnership approval has been sent to TVBC for their support prior to going to the MOD.

Cllr Mr T Bowden suggested that the Thruxton landfill site be contacted for funding, the Chairman stated that this is part of the SITA group and unfortunately the play area site is out of the 3 mile radius for applications. Cllr Mr T Bowden suggested that Earthline who have the transport contract and use the A338 be contacted to see if they would give a grant. The Chairman will be in contact with the company. She will also chase up two other companies who have been contacted with regard to community funding.

COUNTY COUNCILLOR MRS P WEST

The Clerk reported that Cllr Mrs P West has sent information on the Hampshire County Council Drink Driving Campaign over the Christmas period.

 

CLLR MR P LASHBROOK’S REPORT

Cllr Mr P Lashbrook reported that the TVBC Surveyors have been to look at the brick arch in Gardeners Green following a request from the Chairman after she was contacted by a resident. Once the registered owner has been ascertained work will commence in removing the arch. The resident also reported a tree in Gardeners Green which the Chairman passed on to Hampshire County Council. An arboricultural inspector will assess for safety and any remedial works required.

COUNCILLOR’S REPORTS

CLLR MISS A REYNOLDS - Apologised that the information on the Festival of Trees in the Church had not filtered through, it is now too late to enter. The decorating of the village Christmas trees was discussed. Cllr A Reynolds offered to decorate the small tree on the Village Green. Cllr Mr M Bladen will mention decorating the trees at the top of Bulford Road to his neighbours and if needed will contact the Clerk for the decorations.

Cllr Miss A Reynolds reported that Cllr Mr Mark Udale has due to the pressure of work, tendered his resignation. The Clerk will inform TVBC of the vacancy. Cllr Miss A Reynolds stated that the Parish Council already have two vacancies that can be filled by co-option, adverts will be placed on the Notice Boards to remind parishioners - a leaflet drop will be done in Snoddington and Parkhouse Mews. The Parish Council will approach TVBC nearer the time of the 2015 elections to ask that the number of Shipton Bellinger Councillors be reduced form 10 to 8.

Cllr Miss A Reynolds reported that the gap between the road and the wall, that was left following the new road surface being laid, in the High Street outside Garden House has been filled in with soil as requested.

CLLR MR P STINTON - Reported that there is a lot of comments on the village Facebook page about dog fouling in the village and suggested that there is a blitz on No Dog Fouling signs in the village. It was reported that the TVBC Dog Warden has been seen in the village but he will be contacted again.

Cllr Mr P Stinton reported that there has been an incident of fly tipping up past Parkhouse Road, this has been reported to Plain Watch. Mr D Sperry reported that there has also been a carpet dumped on the Footpath 5 between Kingfishers and the Allotments. The Clerk will report this to TVBC.

CLLR MR M BLADEN - Reported that there are many thorns growing out of the hedge in Bulford Rd alongside the School Playing Field, these are causing a nuisance for walkers on the pavement. This will be reported to Keith Thompson at Highways. Note: Chairman has reported the hedge and it will be cut back with a flail.

Cllr Mr M Bladen enquired if the grit bins had been filled? The Clerk said that they had.

CLLR MR D DAVIES - Reported that the Kingfishers Sign posts have now broken, the sign is with Cllr Mr s Bluff for safe keeping. The Clerk confirmed that he has reported this to TVBC.

FINANCE

Cheques issued in December 2013

T Services Travel expenses to Play Equipment Seminar £49.00

SBVC Hire of Room £55.00

R.N. Waterman Expenses £25.00

Mr B Pearce Grass Cutting and Maintenance £131.00

Standing Orders

R.N. Waterman Wages £400.00

Aviva Insurance £97.02

MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC

There were no issues raised by the members of the public.

CORRESPONDENCE

The Parish Council have received an invitation from HALC to rejoin their organisation, several discounts have been offered.

A new publication from NALC - DIS (direct information service) has been offered to Parish Councils for a £2.90 an addition subscription. This publication offers :-

All the latest sector news and information

A round up of government statements and publications

Up to date legal information, ministerial statements and consultations

Regular events and vacancy listings

The Parish Council discussed this and agreed that at the moment they would not re-join HALC and that they would subscribe to the DIS publication.

CLOSE OF THE MEETING

The Chairman thanked everyone for coming and closed the meeting.

DATES FOR THE 2014 MEETINGS

3rd February

3rd March

7th April

12th May - AGM

2nd June

7th July

1st September

6th October

3rd November

1st December

AN IN CAMERA MEETING FOLLOWED THIS MEETING TO DISCUSS THE VILLAGE CENTRE GRANT AND THE PRECEPT FOR 2014/2015.