Minutes of the Shipton Bellinger Parish Council Meeting held on Monday 2nd September 2013 in the Fletcher Room, Village Centre at 7.30pm.

Present : Cllr Miss A Reynolds - Chairman

Cllr Mr D Davies - Vice Chairman

Cllr Mr M Udale

Cllr Mr T Bowden

Cllr Mr M Bladen

Cllr Mrs S Turner

Richard Waterman - Parish Clerk

Borough Councillor Mrs E Charnley

County Councillor Mrs P West

Member of the Public - 3

Apologies : Cllr Mr S Bluff, Cllr Mr P Stinton, Mr D Sperry - Village Centre Chairman and

Borough Councillor Mr P Lashbrook.

DECLARATION OF INTERESTS - There were no Declarations of Interest recorded.

MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETINGS.

The Chairman signed the minutes of the previous meeting as a true record. Matters arising from those minutes :-

FOOTPATH 14 - The Clerk reported that the quote for the replacement bridge has come in at £8,000 plus VAT. Peter Watson had supplied the specification and thinks this quote is rather excessive, and has offered to see if there are any other options.

The Clerk stated that the Parish Council have three options :-

Continue with the project in hand - applying for grants (The Countryside Access grants are 50/50 match funding) and organising for the work to be done.

Wait for Hampshire Rights of Way to get round to replacing the bridge - it is low priority on their list.

Divert the footpath over the Watery Lane Road bridge and install two kissing gates into the field.

The Parish Council briefly discussed this and decided that for the time being they would stick with the project ion hand and see what Peter Watson comes up with.

CRICKET NETS - Cllr Mr T Bowden will provide a detailed quote once the cost of the materials has been confirmed from the supplier.

BENCHES - The Clerk has passed the replacement plaques to Brian Pearce to fir to the benches.

FOOTPATH FROM SHIPTON BELLINGER TO TIDWORTH - No further news to report.

PLAY AREA - The Clerk confirmed that the 106 development money for the Play Area is £3244.19 and the Open Space is £5820.92.

The Clerk reported that the Parish Council now have three quotes for swings and two for fencing in the BMX track. These quotes will be distributed around the Parish Councillors.

Cllr Mr T Bowden and Cllr Mr M Bladen are going to the Play Equipment Trade Exhibition in Windsor on a fact finding mission the following morning.

The Chairman reported that she contacted Tidworth Town Council to get some information on the new play area recently installed and how it was funded. It seems that the new play park was installed by MOD Housing Solutions and the Chairman is awaiting a reply from them.

FLOODING - The Chairman reported that the meeting with the Environment Agency to discuss the individual Property Level Protection scheme took place on the 30th July at the Village Centre. The meeting was informative and a lively discussion took place. Some residents had questions and comments not relating to the PLP scheme itself and Steve Malpass offered to discuss these with them outside of the presentation. Cllr Mr S Bluff will give an up-date at the October meeting

A338 - The Chairman reported that Hampshire County Council have confirmed the scheme for the change of the speed limit on the A338. The existing 40mph will reduce to 30mph, a 50mph speed limit will be imposed on the stretch of road, which is currently 60, to the county border.

The Chairman stated that she was disappointed that the proposed 40mph from the 30mph to past the Bulford Road turning is not to be implemented due to it not meeting the criteria. The Parish Council discussed this, one of the reasons for the reduced speed limit to 40mph was to help pedestrians cross across the A338 from Bulford Road to the Old Coach Road. Cllr Mrs S Turner stated that with the overgrown hedges it is impossible for pedestrians to have a clear view up and down the road when crossing from the Old Coach Road back to the village. The Chairman stated that she will contact Steve Spender to see if he can apply pressure to get the hedges cut back.

Cllr Mrs P West stated that she had walked this junction with Mandy Ware when she was looking at the speed limit proposals and that she had pointed the problems at this junction for pedestrians. Cllr Mrs P West stated the Parish Council should not make any representations at this stage and let HCC get on with the new proposals.

SOAKAWAY HEDGES CLOSE - The Chairman reported that HCC Highways have confirmed that the new soakaway in Hedges Close will be constructed in late September/early October.

KINGFISHERS PATHWAY - The overgrown hedge on the path from No 5 to kingfishers has been cut back and the path is clear.

HIGHWAYS - The Chairman reported that she had written to Operation Resilience thanking them for the excellent job they have done on the resurfacing work carried out this summer. Several residents had contacted her praising the work carried out. They are due to come back and carry out a few minor defects and to finish of the road markings.

TENNIS NETS - The Clerk reported that the new tennis and basket ball nets have been ordered and will be stored ready for next year.

VILLAGE CENTRE

Cllr Mr M Bladen reported that Mr D Sperry has placed the order with the contractor for the new suspended ceiling complete with the new lighting and heating incorporated, also replacing the main electrical distribution board. Work is due to commence on Monday 23rd September and the main hall and foyer will not be available to anyone until Wednesday 2nd October. The Fletcher Room, kitchen and viewing room will still be available, but users need to be aware that there be some noise during working hours. The School will continue to be able to use the car park as usual.

Mr D Sperry hopes to meet with the Rams Football Team to discuss next year’s season and costs.

PLANNING

13/01561/FULLN - Erection of a single storey detached garage - Winters Tale, High Street.

The Parish Council had NO OBJECTIONS to this planning application.

13/01677/FULLN - Erection of extensions to provide a two storey 4 bedroom house and

Carport with workshop, provision of new vehicle access and drive with

turning area (Amended scheme to provide side extension to kitchen).

Douanne, Bulford Road, Shipton Bellinger.

The Parish Council had NO OBJECTIONS to this planning application.

TREES

The Parish Council discussed what tree surgeons call “Summer Branch Drop” and the two cases in the village. The tree at the School House on the corner of Bulford Road and Parkhouse Road and a tree on the edge of Footpath 5 belonging to Parsonage Farm. It was thought that a letter to owners of large trees in the village suggesting that they should consider getting their trees surveyed for their own peace of mind and for insurance purposes would be undertaken.

CLLR MRS P WEST’S REPORT.

Cllr Mrs Pat West thanked the Chairman for her letter of thanks to Operation Resilience for the work undertaken on the roads, praise is always nice to receive. Highways are looking into the dragons teeth to stop cars parking on the grass verge outside the Village Centre.

BOROUGH COUNCILLOR MRS E CHARNLEY’S REPORT

Attached to these minutes and given to the Parish Councillors at the meeting.

Issue covered :- Revised Local Plan, The Cholderton and District Water Company and Astor Living.

The Chairman raised the issue of the Cholderton and District Water Consumer Challenge Group and was surprised that Cllr Mrs E Charnley had not passed this on to the Parish Council when she was first approached. It was agreed that Cllr Mr D Davies will join the Challenge Group to represent the village.

COUNCILLOR’S REPORTS.

CLLR MR M UDALE - Reported that Bursledon Cottages were left off the leaflet drop from HCC on the road closure during the resurfacing of the High street and Parkhouse Rd this caused problems for residents. Cllr Mrs P West noted this and asked Cllr Mr M Udale to send her an email detailing the problems residents incurred so she could pass this on to the relevant department at HCC.

CLLR MRS S TURNER - Reported that Hertz are unloading their vehicles from transporters on the A338, this is causing traffic chaos and a nuisance for residents. The Chairman will contact Hertz on this issue.

CLLR MR D DAVIES - reported that he has received complaints from residents in the High Street about speeding vehicles. This was noted.

CLLR MISS A REYNOLDS - Reported that she has been in contact with Stagecoach regarding extending the Activ8 service to Shipton Bellinger to enable villagers with a direct bus service to Andover. At present it is possible to catch a bus to Tidworth and change but on return journeys from Andover often there is no connection back from Tidworth to Shipton leaving residents having to get a taxi.

Stagecoach have said that they can not do anything at the moment and Hampshire are not forthcoming with any funding. Cllr Miss A Reynolds has asked if they would please look at this request when they next change the timetables. Cllr Miss a Reynolds asked Cllr Mrs P West if she could put pressure on HCC to provide funding for an additional bus.

Cllr Miss A Reynolds re-capped on recent correspondence with Hampshire County Council on the provision of bus shelters at Parkhouse on the A338 as part of the proposed Fast Food planning application. The Parish Council thought that this would be a waste of money and could think of other projects that would benefit the community especially as the Parish Council would be left with the responsibility for the shelters and the cost that would incur.

CLLR MR T BOWDEN - Reminded the Parish Council that Veolia has informed the Parish Council at the AGM last year that they would be carrying out improvements to the sewage works at Tidworth to cope with the additional houses being built. Has there been any further news? The Clerk will contact Rob Knight at Veolia for an up-date.

MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC

It was reported that there is a water leak in Parkhouse Road and Cholderton Water may have to dig up the road to carry out repairs. The Chairman was horrified to hear this after the recent resurfacing and will contact Cholderton Water for confirmation.

Mr R Estlick reported that Highways have been and marked the drains with green dots that have been cleaned. However the drain on the corner of Bulford Road opposite the Village Centre is full of silt and water. This was noted.

Mr R Estlick suggested that the Parish Council included the trees at the Old Vicarage and a rather large tree at the Bulford Road end of Watery Lane, thought to be on MOD land, in any survey of trees on private land. This was noted.

Mr Derek Stubs reported that the hedge between Bursledon Cottages and Hedges Close on Footpath 5 needs cutting back. It was thought that this has been done but may need further work. Mr Stubs reported that the last remaining tree on the pavement in Hedges Close is very over grown and needs cutting back. The Clerk will report this to Highways.

FINANCE

EXPENDITURE

Mr B Pearce Grass Cutting £145.00

T Services BMX Grass Cutting August and September £48.00

SBVC Hire of Room £85.00

Fleet Line Markers Ltd Village Centre £515.15

Miss A Reynolds Chairman’s Expenses £50.00

R.N Waterman Office Allowance and Expenses £100.00

Standing Order

R.N. Waterman Wages – August £400.00

R.N.Waterman Wages - September £400.00

Aviva Insurance – August £97.02

Aviva Insurance - September £97.02

Balance after above payments have been made £8,315.80

CLOSE OF THE MEETING

The Chairman thanked everyone for coming and closed the meeting.

DATE OF THE NEXT MEETING

7th October 2013 at 7.30pm in the Fletcher Room, Village Centre.