Minutes of the Shipton Bellinger Parish Council Meeting held on Monday 3rd June 2013 in the Fletcher Room, Village Centre at 7.30pm.

Present : Cllr Miss A Reynolds - Chairman

Cllr Mr D Davies - Vice Chairman

Cllr Mr P Stinton

Cllr Mr T Bowden

Cllr Mr M Bladen

Cllr Mr S Bluff

Cllr Mr M Udale

Richard Waterman - Parish Clerk

Mr D Sperry - Village Centre Chairman

Member of the Public - 2

Apologies : Cllr Mrs S Turner, Cllr Mr S Bluff, Borough Councillor Mr P Lashbrook and

County Councillor Mrs P West

Absent Cllr E Charnley

DECLARATION OF INTERESTS - There were no Declarations of Interest recorded.

MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETINGS.

The Chairman signed the minutes of the April meeting as a true record. Matters arising from those minutes :-

ALLOTMENTS - The Chairman and the Clerk met with the Chairman of the Shipton Allotments Society to discuss the Allotment Fund and the application for a grant process. Grants were given Pre School, School and the Brownies. The Chairman reported that it was agreed that there will be more correspondence between the Allotment Committee and the Parish Council in the future on the distribution of the Allotment Fund.

FOOTPATH 10 - Peter Watson has reported that he has now spoken to the landowner about the stiles. The Clerk had no further news to report.

FOOTPATH 14 - Peter Watson has confirmed that the specification for the new bridge on footpath 14 has been done and the cost to do the job is being priced.

CRICKET NETS - The Clerk reported that Mr T Burden is unable to do the job for some time as he has a back log of work due to the wet weather earlier in the year. The Clerk reported that he is now contacting a contractor in the village for an estimate.

PLAQUES - The Clerk reported that the plaques for the benches have been done and he will pick them up during the week.

FOOTPATH FROM SHIPTON BELLINGER TO TIDWORTH - Cllr Mr P Stinton reported that he had met and has spoken with Wiltshire County Councillor Mark Connolly. Cllr Mr P Stinton felt that after hearing the argument for a footpath, the promise of copies of the petition and relevant information, Cllr Connolly seemed to be warming to the idea although he was concerned about the funding of such a project dealing with two County Councils.

Cllr Mr P Stinton stated that he has not heard from Cllr Mr P Lashbrook.

PLAY AREA - The Parish Council and Mr D Sperry discussed the Play Area and a possible project to extend and improve the facilities for older children.

The 106 development money was discussed. Cllr Bladen will provide the information collected at a presentation held for the children by himself and Cllr Bowden a couple of years ago for the July meeting. The Clerk will provide costings for additional swings and provide information on outdoor gym equipment. Cllr Mr M Bladen will go ahead with filling out the grant forms from the Lottery. It was felt that if the 106 money is available now that something could be done before the summer holidays.

SOLAR PARK - the Chairman reported that she has been in contact with the Agent working for Solar Park and had asked if they would contribute to any of the village projects. This request is being looked into. The Solar Park is a joint venture between the land owner and the company who manages the installation.

FLOODING - The Environment Agency and our Flood Warden, Cllr Bluff, are to hold a public Property Level Protection meeting. The households affected will receive an invite shortly.

AGM

The mains topic of concern raised at the AGM was the parking in Bulford Road. It was reported that Mr R Estlick had sent the information requested at that meeting to Cllr Mr P Lashbrook but to date has not had a reply. The Chairman stated that she will send Cllr Mr P Lashbrook an email to get an up-date. It was however noted that since the AGM the parking has improved slightly, although one vehicle owner still insists on parking on the white lines on Bulford Rd near Church Meadows.

PLANNING

13/01074/FULLN - Erection of three bed roomed dwelling including blocking up of existing

access and formation of joint vehicular access together with bicycle

store and landscaping - 18 Sarum Close, Shipton Bellinger.

The Parish Council had NO OBJECTIONS to this planning application.

NOTICE OF PLANNING APPEAL

12/01777/OUTN - Outline erection of restaurant for both A3 and A5 uses together with new

access and car parking - land adjacent to Park House Mews.

The Parish Council voted 5 to 1 not to change the original comment of

NO OBJECTION.

PARISH COUNCILLOR ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES

FOOTPATHS - Cllr Mr P Stinton

PLANNING - Cllr Mrs S Turner and Cllr Mr D Davies

SCHOOL GOVERNOR - Cllr Miss A Reynolds

FLOOD WARDEN - Cllr Mr S Bluff assisted if needed by Cllr Mr D Davies.

VILLAGE CENTRE REPRESENTATIVES - Cllr Mr M Bladen and Cllr Mr S Bluff

STREET LIGHTING

The Clerk reported that Julian Higgins from Hampshire County Council Street Lighting is coming to the July meeting to discuss the replacement of the Street Lights under the PFI scheme.

VILLAGE CENTRE

Mr D Sperry spoke about the Village Centre project to lower the ceiling in the Main Hall to include acoustic tiles, new LED lighting and heating. A recent problem with the heaters in the main hall has pushed this project forward. The existing heaters in the main hall have failed and are dangerous, resulting in them being disconnected, a new heating system will need to be installed before the winter.

Mr D Sperry reported that a capital grant is being applied for and part of the criteria is that the Parish Council agree to contribute 12½ %, this will amount to approximately £2,291. The Parish Council discussed this at length and all agreed that this project took priority and they would contribute the 12½ %. The Clerk was asked to put this in writing so that it can be sent with the grant application. Mr D Sperry thanked the Parish Council for their support.

Mr D Sperry reported that the Village Centre Management Committee have booked two further events from ‘Hog the Limelight’ and that Helen Batterby has stepped down from the Village Centre Management Committee as the Bellinger Players have disbanded.

COUNCILLORS REPORTS

CLLR MISS A REYNOLDS - Reported that she has been in contact with Highways for a progress report. Most of the repairs on the list complied have been completed, however there has been some new pot holes reported and the drain cover outside Croftwood on the A338 has yet to be repaired.

Cllr Miss A Reynolds reported that Hampshire County Council have confirmed that work on the soakaway in Hedges Close is to be completed this summer, they have been waiting for the ground water level to drop.

Cllr Miss Reynolds reported that the A338 Speed Limit extension is being dealt with by Hampshire County Council on behalf of TVBC. Ray Alborough has confirmed that it will be implemented as agreed.

There was only one flashing speed reminder in the village during our last scheduled visit due to one of the radars being faulty, this has been repaired but unfortunately the Flashing Speed signs have now moved on to one of the other parishes. The Clerk reported that the cost of the repair will be just over £100 for each of the four parishes in the scheme.

CLLR MR T BOWDEN - Reported that a pot hole has appeared in ‘Sams’ car park. The Clerk was asked to report this to Astor Properties.

Cllr Mr T Bowden reported that the School Flashing lights are out of sequence. The Chairman will mention this to School. Cllr Mr T Bowden asked if the School had made their donation to the tree works carried out on Footpath 6? The Chairman reported that they had not and it may be some time before the donation is made as the School’s budget from HCC has been reduced.

Cllr Mr T Bowden reported that the stile behind the auction house has not yet been repaired. The Clerk reported that Hampshire Rights of Way are aware of the damaged stile.

CLLR MR D DAVIES - Reported that there is a leaning tree in Watery Lane, this is not proving a danger to the highway but still needs attention. The Clerk was asked to contact Highways and the Landowner to report this.

CLLR MR M BLADEN - Reported that the grass verge at the top of Bulford Road is looking great and a credit to the contractor. Cllr Mr M Bladen reported that he has been into the bank with his details to be added to the bank signatories.

MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC

Mr D Sperry asked the Chairman if the vacancy for a school governor has been filled, the posted advertising the position has been on the Village Centre notice board for some time?

The Chairman will enquire and get back to Mr D Sperry. Note: There is still a vacancy for a Community Governor.

FINANCE

EXPENDITURE

Mr B Pearce Grass Cutting £115.00

T Services BMX Grass Cutting £24.00

SBVC Hire of Room £40.00

P Reynolds Audit of Accounts £255.00

Standing Order

R.N. Waterman Wages – June £400.00

Aviva Insurance – May £97.02

Balance after above payments have been made £10,874.

CLOSE OF THE MEETING

The Chairman thanked everyone for coming and closed the meeting.

DATE OF THE NEXT MEETING - 1st July 2013 in the Fletcher Room, Village Centre at 7.30pm