Minutes of the Shipton Bellinger Parish Council Meeting held on Monday 8th April 2013 in the Fletcher Room, Village Centre at 7.30pm.

Present : Cllr Miss A Reynolds - Chairman

Cllr Mrs S Turner

Cllr Mr T Bowden

Cllr Mr M Bladen

Cllr Mr S Bluff

Cllr Mr D Davies

Richard Waterman - Parish Clerk

Borough Councillor Mr P Lashbrook

Mr D Sperry - Village Centre Chairman

Member of the Public - 3

Apologies : County Councillor Mrs P West

Absent Cllr M Udale, Cllr E Charnley

DECLARATION OF INTERESTS - There were no Declarations of Interest recorded.

PARISH COUNCIL VACANCY

The Clerk reported that the Vacancy Notices will be posted on the Notice Boards the following day. The Chairman reported that Mr Paul Stinton has expressed an interest in joining the Parish Council.

VILLAGE CENTRE

Mr D Sperry reported that the last Hog the Limelight event held in the Village Centre was a great success. The Village Centre will continue hosting Hog the Limelight events, they are usually a great success and well attended. Two of the Management Committee recently attended a showcase day.

The Village Centre are still obtaining quotes to lower the main hall ceiling. Quotes are also been sought for new lights and more efficient heaters. Mr Sperry stated that it looks as though this project will cost in the region of £18,000. The Village Centre are seeking grants.

Mr Sperry hoped the Parish Council were pleased with the position of the two benches and suggested that a litter bin be placed between them. The Parish Council were pleased with the position of the benches and thought it a good idea to add a litter bin.

MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETINGS.

The Chairman signed the minutes of the previous meeting as a true record. Matters arising from those minutes :-

ALLOTMENTS - The Chairman and the Clerk are to meet with the Chairman of the Shipton Allotments Society to discuss the Allotment Fund and the application for a grant process. The Clerk reported that last years fund has been distributed between the Pre School, School and the Brownies.

FOOTPATH 5 - The Clerk reported that Mr T Burden has been informed about the rogue stones that are coming through the footpath and will come back to carry out any remedial repairs.

Mr T Burden did say at the time that he personally would not have used the specification laid down by HCC, he would have much rather laid a deeper top coat as he could see the rubble rising to the surface in time.

FOOTPATH 10 - Peter Watson has visited the site to look at the stiles but has not yet managed to speak to the landowner.

FOOTPATH 14 - The Clerk reported that he has asked Peter Watson to quote for a new bridge on Footpath 14, the cost for a ready made bridge is astronomical, so this may be the best route to take. Hampshire have classed the replacement bridge as low priority and have a limited budget but if the Parish Council pay for the bridge materials we should be able to get it done this summer. The Clerk has asked TVBC for a Capital Grant application form to pay for the labour.

CRICKET NETS - The Clerk reported that Mr T Burden is waiting until the weather improves to get a quote for the base for the cricket practice mat. Due to the size of the area it is not practical to mix my hand, it would be better and more cost effective for a wet pour.

WILDLIFE TOOL KIT TRAINING SESSION - Cllr Mrs S Turner reported that she had attended the Wildlife Tool Kit training session that was recently held in Wherwell The event was very interesting and although not essential would be an interesting project to take on. A map showing the Parish Boundary is being sent as it is a project covering the wildlife in the whole parish. Once this map has arrived it should give a better understanding of what’s entailed

FLY TIPPING - The Chairman reported that she has received further complaints about fly tipping at the back of Goodwyns Close, this has been reported to TVBC.

BENCHES - As reported earlier the benches have been installed. The following working will be put on plaques for the benches :-

To Commemorate the Queens Diamond Jubilee

1952 - 2012

Shipton Bellinger Parish Council

PAVEMENT IN HEDGES CLOSE - The Chairman reported that with Cllr Mr T Bowden she had met with Mr Tim Lawton from Hampshire Highways and walked round the village. Hedges Close was one of the areas visited and the problem with the pavement outside the older peoples bungalows will be looked into.

PLANNING

There were no new planning application.

FINANCIAL REPORT

EXPENDITURE - April 2013

SBVC Hire of room £ 10.00

TVBC ¼ Share Flashing Speed Sign £ 385.00, Dog Bin Emptying £ 482.04 = £ 867.04

Mr Brian Pearce Fixing and erecting 2 Benches £ 203.00

T Services Grass Cutting - BMX £ 24.00

Mr C Wilkins Grass Cutting/Bins/Bus Shelter Clean £ 156.00

Standing Order

R.N. Waterman Wages – April £400.00

Aviva Insurance – April £97.02

INCOME - VAT Refund £508.82

Balance after above payments have been made £4,940.57

FOOTPATH FROM SHIPTON BELLINGER TO TIDWORTH.

The Chairman introduced Mr Paul Stinton who she has been in correspondence with after a comment on the village Facebook page regarding a wish to have a footpath/cycle way from Shipton Bellinger to Tidworth beside the A338. He thanked the Parish Council for the opportunity to speak to them and spoke at length about his thoughts on the matter. He has begun a petition which has been started posted in the Village Shop, the School and in several shops in Tidworth. Posters have also been put on the notice boards.


The Footpath/Cycle path was discussed at length, the Parish Council could see there could be problems due to dealing with two County Councils, Cllr Mr P Lashbrook could also see problems with crossing the county boundary and the availability of land. Cllr Mr Lashbrook felt that Watery Lane was the right route out of the village.

Cllr Mrs S Turner had reservations about the route adjacent to the A338 and felt that the cross county alternative would be a safer bet.

Cllr Mr T Bowden stated that he had spoken to Tidworth Councillors on this very subject when he attended an event to celebrate the Olympics and they were very supportive.

The Chairman stated that in principle the Parish Council supported the project and will contact Tidworth Town Council to suggest a meeting of all interested parties be held. Cllr Mr P Lashbrook will liaise with Mr Stinton.

COUNCILLORS REPORTS

CLLR MR S BLUFF - Reported that the Police hope to have the replacement for PC Roger Kitson in place in a couple of months. PCSO Dave Trowbridge is doing a good job keeping things going since Rogers departure. He also reported that with the increase in oil thefts there are now alarmed locks available for oil tanks.

Cllr Mr S Bluff reported that the ground water level in the village has gone down considerably over the last month.

CLLR MRS S TURNER - Reported that there are two large pot holes on Snoddington Lane opposite the Kimpton Down Stables. There are also three large pot holes on the right hand side further down Snoddington Lane nearer Thruxton. These will be reported.

The Chairman urged Councillors and the public to report any pot hole direct to Highways preferably on the Hampshire County Council Web Site.

CLLR MR T BOWDEN - Reported that the dropped kerb outside ‘The Nook’ on Bulford Road goes right across the front of the property, he thought that the original planning application was just for a dropped kerb for the new access. Although it was also noted that the length dropped kerb between the properties entrances was very short and would probably not allow for extra parking.

 

The problem with parking on Bulford road was discussed at length. Mrs C Estlick reported that residents of Churchmeadows are concerned that emergency vehicles would not be able to access their properties due to the parked cars and it is also causes difficulties having a clear view up and down Bulford Road when exiting. The cars parked on Bulford Road often make it difficult for HGV’s to negotiate the road, a recent delivery lorry ripped out the posts put in by Highways and damaged the bank outside her property.

Cllr Mr P Lashbrook confirmed that parking is a Police matter and not Highways.

CLLR MISS A REYNOLDS - Spoke about the revised Borough Plan, there are no changes to Shipton Bellinger, the Transport supplementary statement has been altered to take into account the reduced bus service. The Revised Plan will be passed around the councillors for comment, if no comments are made by the 24th April the Clerk will reply to TVBC stating that the Parish Council are happy with its content for Shipton Bellinger

Cllr Miss A Reynolds reported that HALC have written to the non members offering them a BOGOF on subscriptions- Buy one year and get the second free. This was discussed and the Parish Council were still not in favour of rejoining HALC.

Cllr Miss A Reynolds asked Cllr Mr M Bladen if there were any updates on the out door gym equipment and children’s play equipment for the playing field as it was recently raised by a parishioner? Cllr Mr B Bladen had no further news to report and would look at the grants available.

Cllr Miss A Reynolds reported that a rusty junction box on a street light in St Peters Close has been reported to Street Lighting by the Clerk.

Cllr Miss Reynolds reported that she had sent in articles for the Shipton Bellinger Village News, which included one regarding dog mess, but unfortunately there was a glitch in the emailing system and Mr C Cox did not get them in time. Mr Cox now has the reports and they will be included in the next addition of the News Letter.

Cllr Miss A Reynolds reported that on the 15th March 2013 she and Cllr Mr T Bowden had met with Tim Lawton from Hampshire Highways and walked the village pointing out all the defects on the roads. Tim Lawton has made note of all the repairs needed and has vowed to contact the Parish Council prior to each meeting with an update. Tim has been good to his word so far and asked Steve Spender, Highways Manager Test Valley, to update us. Chairman received a report that afternoon. The report included the news that the Operation Resilience planned maintenance programme for 2013/14 is currently being formulated and although the final list of schemes for the coming year has yet to be agreed or confirmed, it is proposed to seek the inclusion of two schemes in the Shipton Bellinger Parish in this list. The schemes will involve the complete resurfacing of the roads in question and the two schemes proposed are Park House Road and the High Street.

CLLR MR M BLADEN - Reported that there is another pot hole forming on Bulford Road out side No 4. (note: Cllr Bladen reported this defect after the meeting)

CLLR MR P LASHBROOK’S REPORT

Cllr Mr P Lashbrook reported that the Super Bikes are at Thruxton the weekend of the 13th and 14th April. There will be traffic lights on the A338 to control traffic flow during the enter and exit times. The traffic lights at the Solar Farm development should be removed before the end of this week.

Cllr Mr P Lashbrook reported that there are plans for Watery Lane to include a cycle path and paved area but could not elaborate any further at this stage.

Cllr Mr P Lashbrook reported that he and Cllr Mr S Bluff are to meet with the Environment Agency to discuss the individual protection schemes for properties in risk of flooding.

MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC

Mr D Sperry reported that the Shipton Rams plan to have 5 teams next season, including an Adult Team. Over the summer the football pitches will need to be turned around to provide 2 full size pitches.

Mr D Sperry reported that the raised drain cover between Kingfishers and Gardeners Green needs attention again. The Clerk will report this to Paul Walsh at Highways.

AGENDA FOR THE MAY AGM.

The Parish Council discussed the agenda for the AGM.

1. Welcome and Introductions

2. Chairman’s Report

3. Financial Report

4. Police Report

5. Borough and County Councillors Reports

6. Flood Management

7. Questions form the Floor

8. Close of the Meeting

A short Parish Council meeting will be held at 7pm to elect the Chairman and Vice Chairman and to discuss any urgent items and Planning.

CLOSE OF THE MEETING

The Chairman thanked everyone for coming and closed the meeting.

DATE OF THE NEXT MEETING

13th May 2013