Minutes of the Shipton Bellinger Parish Council Meeting held on Monday 4th February 2013 in the Fletcher Room, Village Centre at 7.30pm.

Present : Cllr Miss A Reynolds - Chairman

Cllr Mrs P Saunders

Cllr Mrs A Shields

Cllr Mr T Bowden

Cllr Mr M Bladen

Cllr Mr S Bluff

Richard Waterman - Parish Clerk

Borough Councillor Mrs E Charnley

Borough Councillor Mr P Lashbrook

Mr D Sperry - Village Centre Chairman

Member of the Public - 4

Apologies : Cllr Mrs S Turner, Cllr G Richardson and County Councillor Mrs P West

DECLARATION OF INTERESTS

There were no Declarations of Interest recorded.

PARISH COUNCIL VACANCY

The Clerk reported that TVBC have confirmed that the Parish Council can co-opt to fill the vacancy.

The Chairman reported that Dave Davies finishes his overseas contract at the end of February and will be resident again in Shipton Bellinger. Dave has expressed an interest in coming back on the Parish Council. The Parish Council discussed this and agreed to co-opt Dave Davies back on to the Parish Council at the March Meeting

MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETINGS.

The Chairman signed the minutes of the previous meeting as a true record. Matters arising from those minutes :-

FOOTPATH 5 - The refurbishment of Footpath 5 has been completed. The Clerk reported that all the paperwork for the grant payments has been submitted. Hampshire County Council have today paid £5050 into the Parish Councils account and the £7,000 from Sita is being processed. The Parish Councils contribution to the project came in at £2737.78 (this includes the £700 that had to be paid to Sita at the start of the project).

Publicizing the project has yet to be done and contact has been made with the Andover Advertiser.

FOOTPATHS - The Chairman reported that Peter Watson is away on leave so there was no news to report on the stiles on Footpath 10.

A quote of £500 has been received from Richard Jannetta to carry out the work on the trees on Footpaths 5 & 6 alongside the school playing field. The school hope to contribute to the cost in their next financial year. To progress this work before the birds start nesting Richard Jannetta has been asked to proceed.

PARKING AT WILTON TERRACE - The Chairman reported that this saga goes on and we are no nearer to getting an official sign erected. Cllr Mr P Lashbrook reported that the issue is proving difficult and he had no news to report. Ray Alborough is looking into the matter.

HIGHWAYS - The Chairman stated that she has reported all the pot holes in the village on the Hampshire County Council website and markings have appeared on the highway indicating repairs. In the past the pot holes have been reported direct to Paul Walsh the Highways Engineer and there has been a delay in getting the work done. From now on any pot holes will be reported on the HCC website.

The Chairman reported that Ray Alborough has confirmed the following for the A338 :-

1. The current 40mph speed limit will be reduced to 30mph

2. The 40mph speed limit will be extended to past the Bulford Road junction

3. A 50mph speed limit will be put in place from the 40mph to the county boundary.

4. The above will be implemented early in the next financial year or earlier if possible.

The Parish Council thought this excellent news, this scheme has been under discussion for years, it would be nice to finally get it put in place.

GRIT BIN - The missing grit bin in Bulford Road has finally been replaced. The Parish Council discussed purchasing additional grit bins for the village, sites will need to be agreed etc before a decision is made.

PLANNING

There were no new Planning Applications to discuss.

FINANCIAL REPORT

EXPENDITURE - January and February 2013

SBVC Hire of room £ 20.00

Flowright Footpath 5 - 2nd Payment £5,000.00

Flowright Footpath 5 - Final Payment £ 4,087.78

Ceaderwood Tree Services Tree Work - High Street & Footpath 5 £380.00

Mr B Pearce Ditch Clearing £160.00

HCC Street Lighting £1,055.44

Standing Order

R.N. Waterman Wages – January £325.25

R.N. Waterman Wages - February £325.25

Aviva Insurance – January £97.02

Aviva Insurance - February £97.02

INCOME

H.C.C. Grant for Footpath 5 = £5050.00

Balance after above payments have been made £2,506.82

2013/2014 PRECEPT

The Clerk reported that the Parish Council had discussed the Precept at an ‘in- camera’ meeting on the 3rd December 2012. The Village Centre asked for a £4000 grant and this was approved, the Clerks wages were increased and are now up to the national recommendations. It was agreed that the Precept would not be increased and was set at £21,000. The Clerk briefly explained the new Council Tax Localisation Support Scheme, a hand out was given to the Parish Councillors.

BOROUGH COUNCILLORS REPORTS.

CLLR MRS E CHARNLEY - Reported that the Borough Core Strategy will be out for consultation in early April.

CLLR MR P LASHBROOK - Reported that there has been a problem again with sewage in Gardeners Green. Southern Water, Test Valley Borough Council and the Environment Agency have been involved and work has been carried out to unblock the sewer and a clean up operation has been successful. The problem was caused again by the wrong things being flushed down the toilet further up the village. Ways of educating residents on what not to flush down the toilet is being considered.

Southern Water have located a hidden manhole cover on Footpath 5 giving access to the sewer, this will help to quickly unblock the sewer if this happens again. Test Valley Borough Council and Southern Water have agreed to work together on this issue.

Cllr Mr T Bowden asked if it was tree roots in the sewer pipes that caused the problem? Cllr Mr Lashbrook did not think this the case, when the blockage was found it was items that should not have been flushed down the toilet.

Cllr Mr P Lashbrook reported that he has been working on the Thruxton Circuit Traffic Plan and assured the Parish Council that there will be no impact on Shipton Bellinger on race days.

Cllr Mr P Lashbrook wished to thank Cllr Mr S Bluff and members of the village who have guided Shipton Bellinger through the recent threat of flooding. They did an excellent job of informing residents, taking water level readings and liaising with the relevant authorities. The Chairman also wished to add to that thanks on behalf of the village.

The Chairman asked Cllr Mr P Lashbrook if there was any news on sorting out the problem with ground water flooding on Footpath 5 and Gardeners Green? Cllr Mr P Lashbrook stated that the solution will need major engineering work and would need to be undertaken under a capital project, at the moment there is not the funding to take on such a project. TVBC have a duty of care obligations to the properties at risk of flooding and placed the sandbags at the arch, he is aware that this has caused a problem for walkers. The only option is to close the arch to pedestrians.

Cllr Mrs A Shields reported that the sand bags caused her niece to trip and hurt herself and suggested that the sand bags should be placed adjacent to the properties at risk of flooding. Cllr Mrs P Saunders disagreed and a heated discussion took place between Cllr Mrs A Shields and Cllr Mrs P Saunders. The Chairman brought the meeting to order and stated that the current practice of placing sand bags is not ideal and it was time a permanent solution is found to stop the flooding in this area of the village. The Chairman will write to Sir George Young.

VILLAGE CENTRE

Cllr Mr M Bladen reported that Val Winfield has made a welcome return to work after her recent operation. The Village Centre wished to thank Cllr Mr T Bowden for supplying the Village Centre Christmas Tree. There have been no takers for the old chairs and an advert on eBay is being considered. The camera at the back of the Village Centre has been upgraded for night time coverage. Bookings are good. The Shipton Rams are proposing to donate photographs for display. The outside notice board is to be replaced with a new design so that fixed and visiting notices can be displayed.

The Village Centre have a new web site : shiptonbellingervillagecentre.co.uk

Cllr Mr M Bladen reported that comments have been received by the Editor of the Village News on the slim December issue. It was suggested to ask the various village organisations to contribute an article for each issue. The Parish Clerk confirmed that £100 is still put into the Parish Precept under administration for the Village News.

Mr D Sperry spoke about a bad booking the previous weekend and apologised for the state of the carpet in the Fletcher Room. The carpet is due to be cleaned later in the week and the bill will be passed to the hirer. As a result of this party the Village Centre Management Committee are re-looking at their booking procedure.

Cllr Mr M Bladen reported that the Fund Raising Committee have organised another Quiz Night to be held in March 2013. Forthcoming events include the Oscar Wild Night and the Berlin Cabaret.

PARISH COUNCILLORS REPORTS

CLLR MR S BLUFF - Stated that he sends out regular Neighbourhood Watch reports and he hoped these were helpful to residents. PC Roger Kitson is leaving the Stockbridge Beat for a different career within Hampshire Police. A replacement Police Constable will be appointed, PCSO David Trowbridge will remain with the Stockbridge Beat.

Cllr Mr S Bluff stated that he has been very impressed with the service and backup that have been provided by Cllr Mr P Lashbrook, Test Valley Borough Council and the Wessex Environment Agency during the recent threat of flooding in the village and wished to thank Cllr Mr P Lashbrook personally for all the work he has done. Things have moved on a pace since the last flooding and water levels are monitored 24/7.

Cllr Mr S Bluff spoke about the Environment Resilience and Protection Team and the grants available to put in a scheme to protect individual properties. Cllr Mr S Bluff will report more when he gets more information on the scheme.

CLLR MR T BOWDEN - reported that several parishioners have approached him to complain about the dog fouling on the newly refurbished Footpath 5 and they have asked if more signs can be erected. The Clerk will contact the TVBC Dog Warden. The Chairman stated that she has mentioned dog fouling in many times before in her articles placed in the Village News but will do so again.

CLLR MRS P SAUNDERS - Reported that many residents along Parkhouse Road do not put away their wheely bins until days after they have been emptied. These can cause a tripping hazard at night. Cllr Mr P Lashbrook stated that there is a legal requirement for householders to take in their wheel bins after they have been emptied. Cllr Mr P Lashbrook

will speak to TVBC to see if there is any leaflets that can be given to persistent offenders.

CLLR MISS A REYNOLDS - Reported that there is a vacancy for a Community Governor at the Shipton Bellinger Primary School. Anyone interested should contact the school on 01980 843369.

Cllr Miss A Reynolds reported that she has received an email from Donna Wages regarding the allocation of houses in Shipton Bellinger to local people through the Hampshire Home Choice Scheme. The process was explained and will be kept on file for future reference.

Cllr Miss A Reynolds reported that with Cllr Mr T Bowden she has been in discussion with Tidworth Town Council on the improvements to Bridleway 24 - Footpath 1

Cllr Mr T Bowden attended a recent meeting and has reported that everything is on track and the project is looking good.

Cllr Miss A Reynolds reported that a name and address was found among articles fly tipped on one of the footpaths. Cllr Mr G Richardson took photographs and the evidence was passed to the TVBC who intend to write to an address found within the rubbish dumped. Cllr Mr P Lashbrook reported that TVBC will pursue a conviction with the help of the landowner.

Cllr Miss A Reynolds reported that the 1.83 acres of pasture land behind Parsonage Farmhouse has been put up for sale through Smithsgore Estate Agents at a price guide of £50,000. Although the sales particulars are not strictly incorrect they do seem ingenious and could be construed to mean development was an option. TVBC Planners have been contacted and have confirmed that there is no permitted building allowed on this parcel of land as it is designated Green Belt.

MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC

Mrs W Sperry asked if the village had an emergency plan in place if the village was in danger of flooding? Cllr Mr S Bluff stated that there are plans showing which properties are susceptible to flooding and contact information etc but no dedicated emergency plan. However the Environment Agency, TVBC and the Parish Council will start looking at putting one together, a lot of the information is already available it just needs co-ordinating and tweaking.

CORRESPONDENCE

Parish Wildlife Map Toolkit Evening on the 19th March 2013 at the Colonel Jenkins Memorial Hall, Wherwell. Cllr Mr M Bladen stated that he would like to attend.

CLOSE OF THE MEETING

The Chairman thanked everyone for coming and closed the meeting.

DATE OF THE NEXT MEETING

4th March 2013 in the Fletcher Room, Village Centre at 7.30pm