Minutes of the Shipton Bellinger Parish Council Meeting held on Monday 5th November 2012 in the Fletcher Room, Village Centre at 7.30pm.

Present : Cllr Miss A Reynolds - Chairman

Cllr Mr T Bowden

Cllr Mrs P Saunders

Cllr Mr G Richardson

Cllr Mrs S Turner

Cllr Mrs A Shields

Cllr Mr M Bladen

Richard Waterman - Parish Clerk

Members of the Public - 3

Apologies : Cllr Mr M Udale, Cllr Mr S Bluff, Mr D Sperry - Village Centre Chairman, County

Councillor Mrs P West and Borough Councillor Mr P Lashbrook.

WELCOME

The Chairman welcomed everyone to the meeting

VILLAGE CENTRE.

The Clerk reported that he had met with Mr D Sperry and Mr M England to discuss the Village Centre budget and the yearly grant from the Parish Council. The Village Centre are requesting a grant of 4000 for the 2013/2014 period. A copy of the Village Centre budget was given to each Parish Councillor to read before the next meeting when the precept will be discussed.

The Clerk reported that the Village Centre cooker had broken, a replacement is being sourced.

MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING

The Chairman signed the minutes of the previous meeting as a true record. Matters arising from those minutes :-

FOOTPATH 5 - Wok is due to start on the 6th November. The contractor will start from Salisbury Road end of Footpath 5.

HIGHWAY ISSUES - The Chairman reported that Mr Paul Walsh from Highways has sent her an email up-dating on the Shipton Bellinger road repairs. The Chairman read out the following from Mr P Walsh :-

Salisbury Rd - Drainage is due for cleaning in last week of Sep 12 ---- COMPLETED

Bourne Lane footpath - Road closure required, date not set yet.

Bulford Rd - RAM defect and road closure required. ----- ROAD CLOSURE COMPLETED

Manor Close - Potholes o/s No 8 ----- COMPLETED

F/path patching planned for mid Oct 12 ----I WILL CHASE UP THE CONTRACTOR

Kingfisher Close - Road closure required, date not set.

High St - small defects around manholes and the like are mid October -----I BELIEVE THESE WERE ATTENDED TOO

Old Vicarage - The road will have to be closed and done on night work. We are planning the last weekend of the next half term. We plan to close the road from approx 22:00 until 02:00. Annoying for some I know, but we don't see any other way around the need for access to the housing beyond the patch. We are open to suggestion. -----COMPLETED

Footpath affected by weeds.----COMPLETED

Gullies will be attended to by the machine ordered for Salisbury Rd. ----COMPLETED

Sams car park - ----NOT HCC AS DISCUSSED

Hedges Close - My Routine Maintenance team should have cut this back. ------COMPLETED

Gully o/s 30 Hedges Close has been ordered to move it closer to the kerb to catch more water.--I WILL CHASE THE CONTRACTOR

Gardeners Green ----DRAINAGE ISSUE, we have decided on additional soakaways in the area to hold more water. We are currently working on the design and will update you shortly.

Park house Rd - An order has been raised for the footpath patch opposite #56.----I WILL CHASE THE CONTRACTOR

Orchard Close - patch around manhole covers o/s No8 & 10. -------COMPLETED

Goodwyns Close - Order has been raised for f/path patch. -----I WILL CHASE THE CONTRACTOR

Sarum Close - Patch in Cul-de-sac head -----COMPLETED

High St/Bulford Rd Drop Crossings -------COMPLETED

There were a few queries on the list that the Chairman will relay to Mr P Walsh.

GRASS CUTTING - The Clerk reported that he had contacted Hampshire County Council but taking on the grass cutting contract for the top of Bulford Road was not an option. The Parish Council discussed this and agreed to go with the quote from Mr Wilkins reported at the last meeting. Mr C Wilkins was present and said he would cut it once a fortnight during the cutting season.

FOOTPATH 10 STILES - Cllr Mr G Richardson reported that he has walked footpath 10 to look at the stiles and forwarded on an e-mail detailing the stiles and their condition. Rights of Way Officer, Peter Watson, has now been out and walked the path himself and we await his findings.

Mr C Wilkins reported that he has cut the overhanging bushes on Footpath 6 and will look at the walkway through to Kingfishers from Footpath 5. He hoped to cut back the overhanging hedge from the archway at Gardeners Green to Hedges Close some time in November.

FIELDS BEHIND PARSONAGE FARMHOUSE - Mrs G Naish has sent an email to the Parish Council. (copies will be provided for Cllrs Turner and Tetlow). The Clerk reported that he has not received a hard copy of the TVBC correspondence confirming the points Mrs G Naish raised at the September Meeting.

It was reported that the land in question is up for sale.

PARKING AT WILTON TERRACE - No further news to report from Highways. Mrs J Blake has reported that other residents have now started parking again in the spaces. This will be forwarded to Cllr Mr P Lashbrook.

TELEPHONE BOX - The Clerk reported that he has reported the dishevelled state of the telephone box by the Church to BT.

PLAY COURTS - The Clerk reported that Mr T Burden has looked at the sunken corner on the Play Courts. He has suggested that he fills in the corner with black coloured concrete, this will cost in the region of 200. The Parish Council agreed to proceed.

Mr C Wilkins agreed with Cllr Mr T Bowdens thoughts that the collapse in the corner of the Play Courts may be down to old disused sewer pipes and soakaway

PLANNING

12/02201/FULLN - Erection of replacement porch - Parsonage Farm House, High Street

Shipton Bellinger.

The Parish Council had NO OBJECTIONS to this planning application.

12/02350/FULLN - Erection of extensions to provide a two storey 4 bedroom house and

carport with workshop, provision of new vehicle access and drive with

turning area - Douanne, Bulford Road, Shipton Bellinger.

The Parish Council discussed this planning application at length and had NO OBJECTIONS. Mrs C Estlick reported that she lived next door and would be objecting to the application as there will be a loss of light to her property due to the two storey extension.

VILLAGE DESIGN STATEMENT.

Cllr Mr G Richardson reported that he had not done any further work on the Village Design Statement. The Parish Council briefly discussed the VDS.

The Chairman sated that she had read the revised statement, she felt that the information on Broadband was not relevant and a clear definition on the difference between a Village Design Statement and a Parish Plan was needed. The Clerk will forward on this information to the Chairman as Grateley Parish Council asked the same question when they were looking at a VDS and had a presentation from TVBC.

FINANCIAL REPORT

Cheques to be issued in November 2012

Mr B Pearce Grass Cutting 115.00

SBVC Hire of Room 25.00

T Services Grass Cutting BMX 36.00

Amberol Ltd 2 benches for Playing Field 640.00

R.N. Waterman Wages 325.25

Aviva Insurance 97.02

Balance after above taken into consideration 15,114.27

PRECEPT

The Parish Council will look at the Precept at an In Camera meeting after the December meeting. A full report will then be given at the February meeting. The Chairman reported that the up-grading of the bridle way between Shipton Bellinger and Tidworth is being discussed again and the Parish Council may need to consider contributing financially to the scheme, the Parish Council discussed this and felt that they could possibly go to a 1000.

It was also suggested that this may be an avenue for the Allotment fund to be used.

PARISH COUNCILLORS REPORTS.

CLLR MISS A REYNOLDS - Reported that another successful Operation Clean Sweep has just taken place in Shipton Bellinger and reported half a tonne of loose litter was collected plus a fly tip from Snoddington Lane. Also the sweeper driver took two tonne of leaves off the roads.

Cllr Miss A Reynolds reported that she has received notification from the Highways Agency that work will be undertaken to replace the deck on the Redhouse Bridge, located on A338 just north of Parkhouse roundabout next summer, diversions and traffic management will be put in place.

Cllr Miss A Reynolds reported that she has received a letter from Jayne Rukins replacement informing the Parish Council that the results of the recent Housing Survey has shown that there is not a need for an affordable housing scheme at present and they will not be proceeding any further with a proposed development.

The Parish Council discussed this at length, Cllr Mrs A Shields disagreed with this statement. It was suggested that the Parish Council write to TVBC to ask that a proportion of the current social houses be allocated to people with village connections only.

CLLR MR G RICHARDSON - Reported that there has been some inconsiderate parking in Sams car park during Football matches, often blocking the garages and residents have been unable to get in or out of their garages. The Clerk was asked to write to the Rams Football Team highlighting the problem.

Cllr Mr G Richardson reported that someone discharged a fire arm across the Right of Way near the cross belt - Byway 17, nearly missing a walker. Cllr Mr Richardson said he is going to take this matter further. Cllr Mr G Richardson stated that he feels that Gun Permits are being issued incorrectly by the MOD.

The Parish Council discussed this at great length. It was felt that the incident should have been reported to the Police immediately. Cllr Mrs P Saunders reported that her son has just been granted a shooting licence for Salisbury Plain and has had to go through a rigorous process before it was issued, there are also strict rules as to where a shooting can take place, so she disagreed that the MOD were not being responsible.

Cllr Mr G Richardson reported that Footpath 7 is overgrown and needed cutting back. The Clerk reported that Mr Brian Pearce does cut the floor of the path but not the bushes etc. It was decided that Footpath 7 will be looked at before undertaking any cutting back as it may be the responsibility of houses bordering the path.

CLLR MR T BOWDEN - Reported that there is a large pot hole and a loose manhole cover on the B3084 to Grateley at the junction with the old Amesbury Road. The Clerk will report this to Highways.

CLLR MRS A SHIELDS - Reported the dangerous junction in Hedges/Gardeners Green and the need for a give way line on the road. It will not be long before there is an accident. The Parish Council have reported this before to Highways and have asked for a give way line showing who has priority. Highways said they would not put down give way markings. The Clerk was asked to contact Mr Ray Alborough to ask him to look into the matter again.

MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC

Mr C Wilkins reported that there are a number of dead trees and several ivy clad trees in the school playing field that need attention, some are hanging over the footpath, although they are not obstructing at the moment. This was noted and will be reported to the school.

Mr C Wilkins reported that there are still problems with the removal lorries blocking the route of the bus through Muscott Close, the bus turns around and goes back down Parkhouse Road. This does not help people waiting for the bus in Muscott/Sarum Close, especially as there has been a reduction in the number of buses through the village. The Chairman said she will report this to the Garrison Commanding Officer.

 

CLOSE OF THE MEETING

The Chairman thanked everyone for coming and closed the meeting.

DATE OF THE NEXT MEETING

3rd December 2012 in the Fletcher Room, Village Centre at 7.30pm. Followed by an In Camera meeting to discuss the 2013/2014 precept.

DATES FOR THE 2013 MEETINGS

5th February

4th March

8th April

13th May - AGM

3rd June

1st July

2nd September

1st October

4th November

2nd December