Minutes of the Shipton Bellinger Parish Council Meeting held on Monday 1st October 2012 in the Fletcher Room, Village Centre at 7.30pm.

Present : Cllr Miss A Reynolds - Chairman

Cllr Mr S Bluff

Cllr Mr T Bowden

Cllr Mrs P Saunders

Cllr Mr G Richardson

Cllr Mrs S Turner

Cllr Mrs A Shields

Cllr Mr M Bladen

Cllr Mr M Udale

Richard Waterman - Parish Clerk

Mr D Sperry - Chairman Village Centre

Borough Councillor Mr P Lashbrook

Member of the Public - 13

Apologies : Cllr Mrs R Tetlow, County Councillor Mrs P West and Borough Councillor

Mrs E Charnley.

WELCOME

The Chairman welcomed everyone to the meeting

VILLAGE CENTRE.

Cllr Mr S Bluff and Mr D Sperry spoke about the Village Centre. Cllr Mr S Bluff had attended a recent Village Centre Management Committee Meeting. The recent Quiz Night raised 133 and a car boot sale has been held. The Bellinger Players have sadly folded and there is a free film night on the 13th October 2012 - there is an advert in the Village News and posters around the village advertising the event.

Mr D Sperry reported that one set of the new goal posts have been erected, the goals are designed to be removed when not needed and thoughts on how to store them are being explored. The Village Centre have put forward new proposals to the Rams Football Club regarding the fees for hiring the facility and are waiting for an official reply from the club.

MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING

The Chairman signed the minutes of the previous meeting as a true record. Matters arising from those minutes :-

FOOTPATH 5 - The Chairman reported that the cheque for the third party contribution of 770 has been sent to SITA and a receipt has been received. The Contractor Mr T Burden is to meet on site with the Chairman and Clerk to confirm what is to be done and hopes to start by the end of October.

While the work is being done parts of the Footpath 5 may have to be closed, it is hoped that this will not cause too much inconvenience, but the end product will be worth it.

HIGHWAY ISSUES - The Chairman reported that the list of repairs is slowly being worked through. It was noted that markings have been drawn on the pavement for the dropped kerb.

GRASS CUTTING - TVBC cut the grass at the top of Bulford Road on the 27th September.

Cllr Mr P Lashbrook reported that Test Valley are contracted by Hampshire to cut the grass at the top of Bulford Road 10 times a year.

It was felt that they had not done a good job and it looks a mess. The Clerk reported that he had asked Mr C Wilkins to quote to cut that area of grass. Mr Wilkins has quoted 20 a cut and has recommended that it is cut every two weeks, he thinks that with in a year it will look similar to the village green.

Cllr Mr P Lashbrook suggested that the Parish Council contact Dave Ervin at Hampshire Highways to ask if they can take over the contract for the grass cutting at the top of Bulford Road, this is currently held by TVBC.

FOOTPATH 10 STILES - Cllr Mr G Richardson reported that he has not yet been to look at the stiles on Footpath 10.

The Clerk reported that he has spoken to Mr C Wilkins about cutting the overhanging bushes on both Footpath 6 and the walkway through to Kingfishers from Footpath 5. Both jobs are in hand.

FIELDS BEHIND PARSONAGE FARMHOUSE - The Clerk reported that he has not received any correspondence from Mrs G Naish confirming the points she raised at the September Meeting.

Cllr Mr P Lashbrook reported that he has checked with the TVBC Planners and they have confirmed that they are not aware of any correspondence from Mrs G Naish regarding the fields behind Parsonage Farmhouse. The site is not included in the SHLAA document and will not be included in the Settlement Boundary.

The Chairman reported that she has received an e-mail from a resident of Manor Close voicing concerns over the statement made by Mrs G Naish at the September meeting. The indication she made that access to the field could be through Manor Close and Gilberts Green is of major concern, there is already a problem with parked cars blocking up the road. Children do regularly play in both Manor Close and Gilberts Green these two issues alone make it unsuitable of any additional cars going to a development tagged on the end.

The Clerk read out a letter from Brigadier and Mrs A D Ball refuting the information given by Mrs G Naish at the September Meeting. This will be kept on file for future reference.

PARKING AT WILTON TERRACE - Cllr Mr P Lashbrook reported that Mr Ray Alborough has looked at the parking problem at Wilton Terrace and has reported that this is a Hampshire County Council issue as they own the land in question. Cllr Mr P Lashbrook will ask Mr Ray Alborough to pass this on to Highways.

PLANNING

12/01957/VARN - Variation of condition 2 extending the time operation will cease on

11/00554/FULLN (Solar farm) - Extending date from 2037 to 2038

25 Years. Parkhouse A303 and A338 Junction, Park House Corner.

The Parish Council had NO OBJECTIONS to this planning application.

TENNIS AND CRICKET NETS

The Parish Council discussed at length the Tennis and Cricket Nets and the use of the Play Courts. It was agreed that the Parish Council would persevere to get the Play Courts used for their intended purpose :-

1. The Cricket Nets will be moved to allow the Basketball Court to be used again.

2. The Cricket Nets will be moved in the spring to their new position the other side of the

Village Centre once the concrete base has been laid.

3. The damage to the surface in the corner of the courts will be temporarily repaired.

4. The Tennis nets will be repaired or replaced.

It was also discussed as to whether the village actually knew what sport assets Shipton has. It was agreed to put something in the Village News, possibly in the Spring

VILLAGE DESIGN STATEMENT.

Cllr Mr G Richardson reported that the Village Design Statement is nearly complete and that he has added an infrastructure mission statement. Cllr Mr G Richardson read out his recommendations for the mission statement. There was a feeling that the mission statement came across as being negative and this was discussed at great length, there was a debate as to what the Village Design Statement should contain and it was suggested that advice be sort from Tim Crouch at TVBC Planning.

The Chairman asked Cllr Mr G Richardson to email the revised Village Design Statement to the Councillors so that his mission statement could be seen in content with the whole document.

FINANCIAL REPORT

Cheques to be issued in October 2012

Mr B Pearce Grass Cutting 150.00

SBVC Hire of Room 25.00

T Services Grass Cutting BMX 24.00

Audit Commission Parish Council Audit 342.00

Standing Orders

R.N. Waterman Wages 325.25

Aviva Insurance 97.02

INCOME - 2nd Half of Precept 10,500.00

Balance after above taken into consideration 15,930.27

The Clerk reported that he will be meeting with Mr D Sperry and Mr M England later in the month to discuss the Village Centre request for the 2013/14 grant.

COUNCILLOR MR P LASHBROOKS REPORT.

Cllr Mr P Lashbrook reported that the sand bags have again been placed in the arch at Gardeners Green, these will now be removed but TVBC will make sure that sandbags are made available if needed. The Chairman stated that surely the solution would be to sort out the problem for once and for all. Cllr Mr P Lashbrook reported that this is a problem for Hampshire and he has been pushing for a satisfactory conclusion but this would be a major project and funding is not available. The Chairman pointed out that larger expenditure now would save money in the long run. She will contact the Highways Officer for Shipton.

Cllr Mr P Lashbrook reported that he has only resigned as Secretary to the Hampshire Neighbourhood Watch and is still very much involved.

PARISH COUNCILLORS REPORT

CLLR MR M BLADEN - Reported that the brambles growing in the school playing field hedge are encroaching on to the Bulford Road path again and need cutting back. Cllr Mr T Bowden reported that the hedge was cut back earlier in the year. It was suggested that secateurs are taken and the offending brambles cut back.

CLLR MR G RICHARDSON - reported that two residents have been seen dumping green waste, one actually driving up The Drove with the waste in his car. The registration number was taken and reported to the police. Cllr Mr P Lashbrook suggested that any sightings of fly tipping also be reported to Environmental Services at TVBC.

CLLR MRS S TURNER - Suggested that the Parish Council purchase the telephone box out side the Church as BT do not look after it and it is beginning to look an eyesore. The Clerk will make report the maintenance issue to BT as it understood that the box has been listed.

CLLR MRS P SAUNDERS - Reported that one of the stays that hold up the large yew tree in the Churchyard has broken. This will be passed on to the PCC.

CLLR MISS A REYNOLDS - Reported that the Flashing Speed Sign by the Auction House was not working. The Clerk will report this.

Cllr Reynolds asked about the order for Jubilee benches that was placed earlier in the summer. The Clerk confirmed that the order has been placed but that the company has been inundated with orders hence the delay.

Cllr Miss A Reynolds spoke about the new Code of Conduct. The actual Code of Conduct is more relaxed and easier to work with. Parish Councils can set their own Code of Conduct points, Shipton Bellinger have on recommendation adopted the Code of Conduct set by TVBC.

However the Disclosure of Pecuniary Interests is a statutory document set by the Government, Councillors are now asked to declare not only their employment but that of their spouse, civil partner, person living with as a spouse or civil partner. The form now has to be sent to the TVBC Monitoring Officer and will be displayed on their web site as well as any web site run by the Parish Council.

Cllr Miss A Reynolds feels that this is an intrusion of privacy and will not be disclosing this information. At a recent training session it was stated by the Borough Solicitor that failure to disclose this information is a criminal offence. Cllr Miss Reynolds stated that she will be taking up the issue with Sir George Young and her fellow Chairman. Being a Parish Councillor is a voluntary position and the information is irrelevant, if need be she is willing to resign.

The Parish Council agreed with her and will not fill in the new forms until the position has been confirmed.

MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC

There were no issues raised by the members of the public.

CLOSE OF THE MEETING

The Chairman thanked everyone for coming and closed the meeting.

DATE OF THE NEXT MEETING

5th November 2012 in the Fletcher Room, Village Centre at 7.30pm.