Minutes of the Shipton Bellinger Parish Council Meeting held on Monday 3rd September 2012 in the Fletcher Room, Village Centre at 7.30pm.

Present : Cllr Miss A Reynolds - Chairman

Cllr Mrs R Tetlow

Cllr Mrs P Saunders

Cllr Mrs A Shields

Cllr Mr T Bowden

Cllr Mr G Richardson

Cllr Mr S Bluff

Richard Waterman - Parish Clerk

Member of the Public - 4

Apologies : Cllr Mrs S Turner, Cllr Mr M Udale, Cllr Mr M Bladen, Mr D Sperry - Village

Centre Chairman. County Councillor Mrs P West and Borough Councillor Mr P

Lashbrook.

DECLARATION OF INTERESTS

Cllr Mr T Bowden declared an interest in the Village Centre

Cllr Mrs R Tetlow declared an interest in Footpath 5.

Cllr Miss A Reynolds declared an interest in Footpath 5

VILLAGE CENTRE.

The Clerk read out a report from Mr D Sperry. The new chairs have arrived and are in use. The old blue chairs are still to be disposed of. The recent quiz night was successful and the Parish Council missed a good evening. Vandalism has been negligible. The next Village Centre management Committee meeting is to be held on the 17th September .

There is a fundraising boot sale on the 8th September. Andrew Sullivan is the organiser and help would be gratefully received. After much hassle Mr Sperry has finally received all the parts for the goals and hopes that he can arrange for them to be installed the week commencing 10th September.

MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETINGS.

The Chairman signed the minutes of the previous meeting as a true record. Matters arising from those minutes :-

WEB SITE - Updating the web site is still in hand.

FOOTPATH 5 - The Chairman was pleased to report that funding for the refurbishment of Footpath 5 is in place. The Countryside Access Forum have awarded £5,050.00 and Sita Trust have awarded £7,000.00.

As part of the terms and conditions of the Sita Trust the Parish Council have to contribute £770 up front within four weeks of the grant offer. A cheque will be issued later in the meeting.

Mr T Burden will do the job and will meet on site to finalise details. The work will be done before the end of the year, although a start date has not yet been agreed with the contractor.

HIGHWAY ISSUES - The Chairman and Cllr Mr T Bowden met with Mr Paul Walsh our new HCC Highways Officer on the 16th July. The meeting was successful and all repairs were noted. Mr Paul Walsh had confirmed by email that the following works are to be undertaken :-

You will see markings around the area with "RM" next to the defects. These are being attended to over the next five working days with the intention of making them safe.

Salisbury Rd - Drainage is due for cleaning in last week of Sep 12

Bourne Lane footpath - Road closure required, date not set yet.

Bulford Rd - RM defect and road closure required.

Manor Close - Potholes o/s # 8 were instructed and I'm disappointed that have not been done or failed very quickly. I will send them back.

F/path patching planned for mid Oct 12

Kingfisher Close - Road closure required, date not set.

High St - small defects around manholes and the like are mid October

Old Vicarage - The road will have to be closed and done on night work. We are planning the last weekend of the next half term. We plan to close the road from approx 22:00 until 02:00. Annoying for some I know, but we don't see any other way around the need for access to the housing beyond the patch. We are open to suggestion.

Footpath affected by weeds was due for last Friday but has been pushed back due to the local tarmac plant breaking down. At this time its still down and as soon as its fixed we will be attending.

Gullies will be attended to by the machine ordered for Salisbury Rd.

Hedges Close - My Routine Maintenance team should have cut this back.

Gully o/s 30 Hedges Close has been ordered to move it closure to the kerb to catch more water.

Gardeners Green - RM defect to be filled and more planning required.

Park house Rd - As above.

Orchard Close - Order has been raised to patch around manhole covers o/s #8 & 10.

Goodwyns Close - Order has been raised for f/path patch.

Sarum Close - Patch has been ordered and should have been done by now. I am chasing the contractor.

High St/Bulford Rd Drop Crossings - they have been ordered but are not out of time yet. Amey have another three weeks to attend and I will remind them

ADVERTISING ON THE VILLAGE GREEN - It was noted that apart from a few occasions the pub ‘A’ board advertising Sunday Lunch has been in the position as agreed.

GRASS CUTTING - The Grass verge at the Bulford Road/A338 junction has not been cut for some time and is now blocking sight lines. This has been reported to Cllr Mr P Lashbrook who is looking into the matter.

TENNIS/CRICKET NETS - Over the summer there has been an incident of vandalism with the tennis nets, they were removed from the court and wrapped around the goal post. Cllr Mr Bladen will try to repair the damaged net and has suggested that the play courts should be locked. It was noted that the Village Centre does not think this a good idea and they should remain open.

The Parish Council discussed this at length and the following points noted.

1. It was thought that the tennis nets were removed so that the space could be used for

Skateboarding/scooters, this does not excuse the fact that they were wrapped around

the goal post.

2. The cricket nets will eventually be removed from the play courts once the base has been

laid for the mat - quotes are being prepared. And will free up space in the play courts for

other activities.

3. The possibility of a small metal storage chest to house the tennis nets will be looked into, this could be locked and tennis users could pick up a key or a combination for a padlock from a central point. (Cllr Mrs P Saunders offered to hold a key if this was the route chosen)

4. The surface of the play courts is in need of repair if the village is to embark on using the

facility correctly - an initial quote of £15,000 had been given. This would be a major

expenditure and one not worth embarking upon if the courts are not to be used.

5. It was agreed that over the coming months this issue will be discussed and a way

forward agreed.

TREES - It has been confirmed that the trees overhanging the footpath adjacent to the river are the owners responsibility as they have riparian responsibilities to the middle of the river bed. It was also noted that the to the problem remains of the parked cars impeding sight lines along the High Street for residents to safely exit the bridge by the Limes. The Police have been informed about the cars but are powerless as they are road legal.

VILLAGE DESIGN STATEMENT - Cllr Mr G Richardson reported that he was still working on the Village Design Statement and asked for it to be put on the October meeting Agenda.

AFFORDABLE HOUSING - The Chairman reported that there has been no further correspondence. Jayne Rukin has left and there has been no contact from her successor to date.

PLANNING

12/01725/FULLN - Solar Farm, comprising the erection of solar arrays of photovoltaic

panels, inverter and transformer sheds, fencing and associated equipment - Land at Park House Corner, Salisbury Road, Shipton Bellinger.

The Parish Council had NO OBJECTIONS to this planning application.

12/01777/OUTN - Erection of restaurant for both A3 and A5 uses together with new access and car parking - Land Adjacent Park House Mews, Cholderton, Salisbury, Hampshire.

The Parish Council discussed this planning application at great length with mixed views, a vote was taken whether to support or object to this planning application. The result was 4 Support and 3 Object.

The Parish Council therefore SUPPORTED this planning application with the comment that they were concerned about the entrance and exit to the A338. Sight lines are not good for vehicles exiting Park House Mews and there are also potential problems for vehicles turning across the A338 with traffic building up speed after exiting the roundabout onto the A338.

FINANCE

EXPENDITURE

Cheques to be issued 3rd September 2012

Mr B Pearce Grass cutting £

SBVC Hire of room - June £ 40.00

SBVC Hire of room – July £ 40.00

Sita UK Ltd Grant contribution £ 770.00

R.N. Waterman Expenses and Office Allowance £ 98.00

Shipton WI Welcome Pack £ 25.00

Standing Order

R.N. Waterman Wages – August £325.25

R.N. Waterman Wages – September £325.25

Aviva Insurance – August £97.02

Aviva Insurance – September £97.02

INCOME

VAT Refund £1,779.01

Football Team £ 888.00

Balance after above payments have been made £6,393.54

NOTE.

Cricket Nets Balance held £468.06

Allotment Deposit £500

GOAL POSTS

The Clerk reported that originally the Parish Council and the Village Centre were asked if they would contribute £250 each towards the new goal posts to top up a grant from the FA that the Shipton Rams were applying for. The Rams would also contribute funds. Unfortunately due to a temporay blip with the Rams earlier in the year they now have no funds available to contribute. A grant of £888, which is lower than expected, has been paid into the Parish Council account which still leaves a shortfall of £902. The Village Centre and the Parish Council will now need to increase their contribution to £451. The Parish Council discussed this and agreed to pay £451.

COUNCILLOR’S REPORTS

CLLR MISS A REYNOLDS - Reported that she had spoken to Cllr Mr M Udale and that he wishes to continue being a Parish Councillor, his job contract finishes at the end of September and he intends to be at the October meeting.

The next Clean Sweep in the village is to be held on the 31st October 2012.

The state of the road surface in the High Street adjacent to the river that had been raised at the AGM was reported to Southern Water. Southern Water contractors have investigated and have confirmed that the damage is not due to problems with the drains, the drains run parallel with the manhole covers along the High Street, these have been checked and are working correctly with no leaks or blockages. Southern Water will now contact Hampshire Highways with their findings.

CLLR MRS R TETLOW - Asked if there was any news on the Shipton Bellinger Post Office? Cllr Mr T Bowden reported that he has spoken the Post Office Area Manager and there are no plans to close the Shipton Bellinger Post Office. The current Post Master has agreed to continue on reduced hours until the shop owners can be trained to take over the Post Office.

Cllr Mr T Bowden reported that the Post Office have begun closing post boxes that are little used and suggested that the Parish Council keep an eye on the ones in the village.

CLLR MR G RICHARDSON - Reported that he has consulted with Peter Watson from Rights of Way about the number of stiles on Footpath 10. Cllr Mr Richardson stated that he will be viewing the stiles and cross referencing them with the Footpath Audit document.

Cllr Mr Richardson spoke about the recent Husky Dog event and felt that it would have been nice to have been informed of the event prior to it happening, especially as part of Footpath 17 was fenced off as part of the event, this is something he is determined to pursue.

The Parish Council and members of the public felt that the event was well organised and did not prove an inconvenience to the village and there has been no negative feedback and in fact there was a lot of interest shown from the Village. The Chairman stated that after making enquiries the usual event site on the Plain was not available so the MOD gave permission for them to use the site near the village.

Cllr Mr G Richardson reported that the overgrown bushes on Footpath 5 have been cut back, there is however further cutting back needed on footpath 6. The Clerk will speak to Mr C Wilkins.

Cllr Mr G Richardson reported that he has contacted the MOD about some major fly tipping in the area near to where the horse was dumped. A registration number of the vehicle concerned was taken.

Cllr Mr G Richardson stated that he is concerned about the amount of illegal signage on the A338 through the village and feels that something needs to be done to stop this practice. The Chairman stated that Mr Walsh was going to speak to the Boot Inn after the site meeting about their ‘A’ Boards on the A338.

CLLR MR S BLUFF - Reported that Cllr Mr P Lashbrook has resigned from Neighbourhood Watch. The path from Kingfishers to Footpath 5 is very overgrown again and needs cutting back, the house holder has been contacted but as not yet managed to get the job done. It was however pointed out that the path was not right of way and therefore not actually the responsibility of Parish Council but the Parish Clerk was asked to get a quote from Mr C Wilkins to cut back the bushes. The householder will be advised of the cost.

CLLR MR T BOWDEN – The Parish Council had been invited to a attend an event at Tedworth House to honour the Olympic Torch Bearers. Cllrs Bowden and Turner attended on the Parish Council’s behalf and enjoyed the evening. Cllr Bowden reported whilst at the event he spoke to representatives from Tidworth Town Council and they briefly discussed a path between Shipton Bellinger and Tidworth, they seemed quite interested and it may be worth resurrecting the project. This was noted.

Cllr Mr T Bowden reported that he had also attended the School Centenary event on behalf of the Parish Council and this was also enjoyable.

Cllr Mr T Bowden informed the Parish Council that night shooting of vermin around the village will be taking place over the next few weeks.

MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC

Mrs J Blake reported that the problem with parking at Wilton Terrace has returned. Number 5 Wilton is empty and up for sale. A neighbour in Gilberts Green is using the parking space to park his vehicle, this is causing problems when people come to view the property as they can not park. This was discussed and it was agreed that the problem will be relayed to Cllr Mr P Lashbrook who was instrumental in sorting out the previous problem 3 years ago.

Mrs J Blake reported that her shed on the allotment has recently been broken into, this was reported to the Police and she has a crime number. Cllr Mr S Bluff will speak to Mrs Blake to get the details on the Neighbourhood Watch report.

Mrs J Blake reported that there has been no applications for grants from the Shipton Allotment Society Fund.

Mrs G Naish spoke about the land she owns behind Parsonage Farmhouse. At present this parcel of land is not included in the village development boundary. Mr and Mrs Naish have been in correspondence with TVBC and have asked if this parcel of land can be put in to the Village Development Boundary. TVBC have stated that this against policy but they might consider this request if it has backing from the Parish Council.

Mrs Naish reported that she has correspondence from TVBC stating that the site could be used as an exception site and would be suitable for 17 low cost properties. Mrs Naish does not want to take this route as she would like to put two houses on the plot, the access from the High Street has been identified a suitable for 5 houses, three already exist.

Mrs G Naish asked the Parish Council to please consider recommending that her land behind Parsonage Farmhouse is included into Parish Development Boundary. Mrs Naish was happy to forward on all the correspondence with TVBC to back up her statement.

 

After a lengthy discussion Mrs Naish was asked to put her proposal in writing to the Parish Council and to include all relevant correspondence form TVBC this she said she would do.

CODE OF CONDUCT

The Parish Council all agreed to adopt the Test Valley Borough Council model code of conduct.

CLOSE OF THE MEETING

The Chairman thanked everyone for coming and closed the meeting.

DATE OF THE NEXT MEETING

1st October 2012 in the Fletcher Room, the Village Centre at 7.30pm