DRAFT MINUTES

 

Minutes of the Shipton Bellinger Parish Council Meeting held on Monday 2nd July 2012 in the Main Hall, Village Centre at 7.30pm.

Present : Cllr Miss A Reynolds - Chairman

Cllr Mrs R Tetlow

Cllr Mrs P Saunders

Cllr Mrs S Turner

Cllr Mr T Bowden

Cllr Mr G Richardson

Cllr Mr M Bladen

Richard Waterman - Parish Clerk

Mr D Sperry - Village Centre Chairman

County Councillor Mrs P West

Borough Councillor Mr P Lashbrook

Member of the Public - 20

Apologies : Cllr Mr M Udale and Cllr Mr S Bluff

DECLARATION OF INTERESTS

Cllr Mr T Bowden declared an interest in the Village Centre

Cllr Mrs R Tetlow declared an interest in Footpath 5.

Cllr Miss A Reynolds declared an interest in Footpath 5

Cllr Mrs R Tetlow spoke about the declaration of interests after taking advice from The Borough Solicitor Mrs Susan Tovey. Borough Councillor Mr P Lashbrook confirmed the following from the new Code of Conduct that came into force on the 1st July 2012.

Disclosure of Interests

If you are present at a meeting of the Council, or any committee or sub-committee, joint committee or joint sub-committee of the authority and you have a Disclosable Pecuniary Interest or a Code of Conduct Interest in any matter to be considered or being considered at the meeting -

a. You must disclose the existence and nature of that interest to the meeting.

b. You may not participate in any discussion or vote taken on the matter at the meeting.

c. You must leave the room where the meeting is held before any discussion or voting

takes place.

d. If the interest is a Disclosable Pecuniary Interest and is not registered or is not the

subject of a pending registration you must notify the Monitoring Officer of the interest

within 28 days.

e. If the interest is a Disclosable Pecuniary Interest you must not make a statement on the

matter in which you have an interest before leaving the room.

f. If the interest is a Code of Conduct Interest you may make a statement on the matter in

which you have an interest before leaving the room, in accordance with the Councils

Public Participation Scheme.

Cllr Mr P Lashbrook stated that the declaration of interests and how they are recorded is a matter for the Parish Council to discuss before they adopt the new code of conduct. This was noted.

VILLAGE CENTRE.

Mr D Sperry reported that the Village Centre has been the victim of more vandalism all reported to the Police.

The culprits of chalk graffiti were identified through the CCTV and made to clean it off. A hole punched through the Village Centre roof will be repaired. The incident of the fire and the burning of the wheely bins will not be pursued.

The Village Centre has ordered new chairs and they should be delivered with in the next few days. There has been no progress with erecting the new goal posts, although this is not urgent at the moment. On the 20th July 2012 a Quiz Night is to be held, all the village organisations are encouraged to put forward a team. The Parish Council will see if they can put together a team.

MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETINGS.

The Chairman signed the minutes of the previous meeting as a true record. Matters arising from those minutes :-

WEB SITE - The Parish Councillors details have not yet been updated on the web site.

FOOTPATH 5 - The Chairman reported that she has submitted a grant application to Sita and although has not heard from HCCs Countryside Access Scheme regarding the Parish Councils application for funding County Councillor Mrs P West was pleased to announce that she had spoken to Peter Watson and the grant has been approved. The Parish Council thought this good news.

HIGHWAY ISSUES - The Clerk reported that he has arranged a site meeting with Mr Paul Walsh our new Highways Officer for Monday 9th July 2012. The village roads will be walked and work needed noted. Note this date has been changed to 16th July.

ADVERTISING ON THE VILLAGE GREEN.

The Chairman declared an interest. The Parish Council had given permission for the Sunday Lunch A Board to be placed on the Village Green as long as it was placed under the Village Sign, considerably back from the A338. Another request to advertise the weekday lunch trade has now been submitted.

The issue of the Boot Inn advertising on the Village Green was discussed at length.

Members of the public raised the following points :-

Has a Risk Assessment been carried out on the positioning of the A Board?

Concerns that the Village Green will end up looking like the entrance to an industrial estate.

The pub Sunday Lunch A Board often is put so close to the road that it blocks sight lines along the A338.

It was felt that the pub has enough signs on the A338 advertising its position, there are two brown official signs and a large white sign when entering the village from the Salisbury direction.

Many residents did not want to see a A Board advertising Lunch on a daily basis placed on the Village Green.

Had the Parish Council asked for Highways Advice on positioning the sign?

The Parish Council made the following points :-

Cllr Mr G Richardson raised the issue of other village businesses advertising on the Village Green. There is the shop, post office a various other small businesses in the village that may like to advertise. Should a more professional style of sign be used?

Cllr Mrs R Tetlow stated that she felt there was enough signs advertising the various businesses in the village. There is already the finger posts at the end of the High Street directing people to the Village Centre, Shop, Pub and Church and the Recycling Centre.

Cllr Mrs P West suggested that this should be a matter for TVBC and come under licensing.

Cllr Mr P Lashbrook did not feel that the A Board needed Planning Permission as it was not a permanent structure, positioning on Parish Council owned land was down to the discretion of the Parish Council.

After further discussion, Cllrs Richardson, Saunders, Bladen, Bowden, and Turner agreed that the Sunday A Board could remain as long as it was placed under the wooden Village Sign. At the moment no permission would be granted for the lunch time A Board.

Cllr Mrs Tetlow was against any advertising on the Village Green. The Chairman made no comment.

The Clerk will write again to the Landlord of the Boot Inn reinstating the terms of the permission of the Sunday A Board. The positioning of the A Board will be monitored.

AUCTION HOUSE PARKING - Cllr Mr T Bowden confirmed that the Auction House has the permission of the Club to use their car park on auction days.

PLANNING

There were no new Planning Applications.

VILLAGE DESIGN STATEMENT.

The Parish Council discussed the Village Design Statement and agreed that certain parts needed up-dating. The population has changed from when it was completed in 2003 and some of the pictures will be replaced. The words Play Group will be taken out of the village amenities list leaving Pre-school . It was suggested that a map showing the current village envelope for development also be included. The water supply will also be mentioned.

The Parish Council will make these changes over the summer and will put the Village Design Statement out to the village for consultation before taking it to the next stage. It is hoped that the Village Design Statement could be put on the village web site.

FINANCIAL REPORT

Cheques to be issued 2nd July 2012

Burgess Furniture Ltd New Chairs for Village Hall 4,680.00

P Reynolds Accounts ready for Audit 240.00

T Services BMX Track grass cutting 24.00

TVBC Dog Bin emptying 313.25

R.N. Waterman Office Allowance 100.00

Standing Orders

R.N. Waterman Wages July 325.25

Aviva Insurance July 97.02

Balance after above payments have been made 9,720.35

 

 

 

CLLR MRS P WESTS REPORT

It is now a year since the changes were made to the Mobile Library Service and Cllr Mrs P West spoke about a review Hampshire County Council is conducting on the service and urged the Parish Council reply.

As she reported earlier she was pleased to report that the grant for footpath 5 has been awarded to the Parish Council.

She also reported that Mr Bruce Parker had visited the Primary School to give a talk and was blown away with the thank you letters he received from the children, he was very impressed with the quality of the letters. The Chairman will pass this on to the school at the next Governors meeting.

Cllr Mrs West spoke about the Hampshire County Council Lengthmans project that is being rolled out to Parish Councils. Details will be sent to the Clerk. The review on the A and B roads will be sent to TVBC the first week in September.

CLLR MR P LASHBROOKS REPORT

Cllr Mr P Lashbrook spoke about the recent problems with flooding in Gardeners Green. Sir George Young has been informed of the details and has shown a great interest. Test Valley officers are to take a more positive response in future. Work to solve the problem is being looked into.

Cllr Mr P Lashbrook spoke about another recent problem involving raw sewage flowing out of manhole covers in Gardeners, Mayfield and Goodwins. The relevant authorities provided a quick response. It transpired that someone was putting bagged dog mess down their toilet which blocked the sewer system. The Chairman will place an article in the Village News asking residents not to flush this matter down the toilet. Cllr Mr P Lashbrook also mentioned that disinfectant wipes etc also block up the sewers.

COUNCILLORS REPORTS

CLLR MRS S TURNER - Spoke about the recent presentation in the Village Centre from the Solar Farm Company wishing to install solar panels on the edge of the Parish near the A303.

CLLR MISS A REYNOLDS - Reported that as a result of the AGM, when the various water agencies attended, Southern Water have made contact about the dip along the High Street and wish to consult with Highways.

She also reported on a post on the village Facebook page about an 4 wheel drive vehicle being driven around one of the fields behind Bulford Road and has asked that any suspect vehicles be reported to the Police.

Cllr Miss Reynolds, Cllr Mrs R Tetlow , Cllr Mrs S Turner and the Clerk recently attended a presentation by TVBC Planning department on the Planning Policy Framework. A hand out will be copied to the Councillors and attached to the master minutes.

CLLR MR T BOWDEN - Reported that it took a paramedic 40 minutes to get to an incident in the village and a further 10 minutes for the ambulance to arrive after a recent 999 call. Cllr Mr T Bowden asked why when there is an ambulance station in Amesbury why it took so long for the ambulance to arrive.

 

 

Cllr Mrs P West explained that the ambulance service covers the whole of the Hampshire area and is based in Winchester, however there should be co-operation between the Counties and as we are on the border of Hampshire and Wiltshire we should be covered by both services. Cllr Mrs P West asked Cllr Mr T Bowden to forward the details via the Clerk and she will investigate. It was noted that the Andover Ambulance Station is now only used as a garage for the emergency vehicles.

Cllr Mrs P West asked if there was a Community First Responder in the village? If not should one be considered?

CLLR MR M BLADEN - Reported that he has repaired the tennis nets and they have been reinstated ready for the tennis season. There has been further damage to the cricket practice nets, if this persists the parish Council may consider locking the Play Courts again.

Cllr Mr Bladen reported that the grass cutting at the top of Bulford Road is again being left making visibility down the A338 difficult when trying to exit the junction. Cllr Mr P Lashbrook noted this and will chase this matter with Highways.

Cllr Mr Bladen reported that the Bulford Road pavement is getting worse with the weeds growing thorough the surface. This was echoed by a member of the public who reported that her husband has difficulty negotiating the bumps on the footpath with his wheelchair.

CLLR MR G RICHARDSON -Asked everyone to inform him if there are any over grown hedges blocking any of the footpaths so he can contact the householder. A tree that came down on footpath 17 has been cut up and moved thanks to some proactive residents.

MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC

The Parish Council were asked whos responsibility it was to cut back trees overhanging the river on the High Street, the trees in question are blocking the site line along the High Street. With the cars that park along the side of the river it is near impossible to safely exit the bridge by the Limes.

The Parish Council were sure that it is the householders responsibility as they have riparian responsibilities. Mr David Sperry confirmed that this was correct and he was responsible for the river bank in front of his property to the middle of the River Bourne.

The Parish Council will check on the correct process and if there are any Tree Preservation Orders in the area in question.

Concern about the hedge around the school playing field was raised. When the chain link fencing was originally installed vehicles could be seen coming up Bulford Road and from Parkhouse Road, over the years the hedge had been allowed to grow and this has now caused a blind corner. Visibility is poor and there have been some near misses and one bad accident. This was noted and will brought up at the Highways Site meeting.

CLOSE OF THE MEETING

The Chairman thanked everyone for coming and closed the meeting.

DATE OF THE NEXT MEETING

No Meeting in August - Next meeting on Monday 3rd September 2012