Minutes of the Shipton Bellinger Parish Council Meeting held on Monday 11th June 2012 in the Fletcher Room, Village Centre at 7.30pm.

Present : Cllr Miss A Reynolds - Chairman

Cllr Mrs R Tetlow

Cllr Mr S Bluff

Cllr Mr T Bowden

Cllr Mr G Richardson

Cllr Mrs S Turner

Richard Waterman - Parish Clerk

Member of the Public - Mrs C Estlick.

Apologies : Cllr Mr M Udale, Cllr Mr M Bladen, Cllr Mrs P Saunders Cllr Mrs S Turner, County

Councillor Mrs P West, Mr D Sperry - Village Centre Chairman and Borough

Councillor Mr P Lashbrook.

DECLARATION OF INTERESTS

Cllr Mr T Bowden declared an interest in the Village Centre

Cllr Mrs R Tetlow declared an interest in Footpath 5, Flooding and the Allotments.

Cllr Miss A Reynolds declared an interest in Footpath 5

ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES

Footpaths - Cllr Mr S Bluff and Cllr Mr G Richardson

Planning - Cllr Mrs R Tetlow and Cllr Mrs S Turner

Village Centre - Cllr Mr M Bladen and Cllr Mr S Bluff

School Governor - Cllr Miss A Reynolds

Flood Warden - Cllr Mr S Bluff stated that he would look at the work involved before

committing to taking on the role.

PARISH COUNCIL VACANCY

The Parish Council has one vacancy, interest has been noted from Mrs A Shields.

VILLAGE CENTRE.

Cllr Mr S Bluff reported that he had attended a recent Village Centre Management meeting. An issue with some youths camping on the field and burning the wheely bins was reported to the Police and is being investigated with the aid of the CCTV. The new goal post have arrived and have yet to be fitted.

MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETINGS - April and May.

The Clerk read out the minutes from the short meeting before the May AGM. The Chairman signed the minutes of the April and May meeting as a true record. Matters arising from those minutes :-

TIME CAPSULE - Cllr Mrs S Turner and Cllr Mrs P Saunders handed out flyers at the Village Fete about the Jubilee Year Time Capsule. It is planned to collect pictures, written words, memorabilia of the Queens Diamond Jubilee and the forthcoming Olympics in the autumn so the capsule can be sealed at the end of the year.

AFFORDABLE HOUSING - The Parish Council have received the results of the recent Housing Survey. Each Councillor has received a copy.

The Chairman asked the Councillors to please read the survey as it will be put on the agenda for the next meeting for discussion.

GRIT BIN - The missing Grit Bin in Bulford Road has still not been replaced.

WEB SITE - The Clerk reported that the Web Site is now up to date again. Mr Tim Bancroft will be adding the Parish Councillors detail during the next few days.

DEAD TREES - The dead trees next to Red Villas have been removed.

FOOTPATH 5 - The Chairman reported that the Peter Watson from Rights of Way has provided the new specifications for the paths and these have been forwarded to the contractor for him to re-quote. A grant application has been submitted.

POT HOLES - As from today Mr J Clarke does not look after our area and our new Highways Officer is Mr Walsh. Repair work on the pot holes on Bulford Road behind the Old Vicarage was completed today and is a disgrace. The Clerk was asked to contact Highways to complain as a matter of urgency.

DEAD HORSE - A dead horse left on land past the beech tree at the top of Parkhouse Road has been removed. Thanks to PC Roger Kitson it was eventually established that the dead horse was on MOD Land and they paid the 200 for its removal.

VILLAGE CENTRE PARKING - The Chairman reported that she mentioned the problem of parking in the Disabled Bays to the School.

VILLAGE DESIGN STATEMENT - The Councillors now have an electronic or paper copy of the Village design Statement. Now the VDS has been put onto disc alterations can be made. The Councillors were asked to read through the document again to see if there is anything that needs changing. This will be discussed at the July meeting.

PLANNING

12/01035/FULLN - Erection of dwelling and bicycle store, alterations to existing and

construction of new vehicular access - 18 Sarum Close.

The Parish Council had NO OBJECTIONS to this planning application.

AGM RE-CAP

The Chairman has given the Clerk the contact details for the speakers at the AGM. The Clerk will contact the various organisations and ask for a brief report on what they said for the minutes.

ADVERTISING ON THE VILLAGE GREEN.

The Chairman declared an interest as her daughter works part time at the Boot Inn. Cllr Mrs S Turner stated that she had no objections but had to leave the meeting before the discussion as she had a prior engagement.

A request from the Boot Inn to put an advertising board on the Village Green to boost lunch time trade was discussed at great length.

The Boot Inn has seen a fall in lunch time trade and is concerned that if the down turn continues jobs may be at risk. Those Councillors present were split over this issue.

Cllr Mr S Bluff felt that one of the roles of the Parish Council was to promote the village and keep its facilities, the village is not a museum and we should be encouraging businesses to thrive, so many villages have lost their pubs and shops.

Cllr Mr S Bluff suggested that the Parish Council consider expanding the advertising to include the Shop and Post Office and any other businesses that operate in the village. A more professional form of signage could used that would enhance the village green as an additional feature possibly in the form of a finger post. A charge for advertising could be made, bringing control back to the Parish Council.

Cllr Mrs R Tetlow and Cllr Mr G Richardson were against any advertising on the Village Green.

Cllr Mr T Bowden was against having an A Board on the Village Green but was open to exploring other options.

Mrs C Estlick was asked for her views. Mrs Estlick stated that she was against any advertising on the Village Green, there are many people in the village that fought long and hard for the green and it is provides a nice entrance to the High Street. The A Board that the pub put out now often blocks the view up the A338 when trying to exit the High Street in a vehicle.

After a lengthy heated discussion it was agreed that this issue would be deferred until the whole Parish Council is present. The Clerk will forward information on signs to the Councillors and was asked to write to the Boot Inn informing them that no decision has been made. The A Board for their Sunday Lunch is the only advertising allowed on the Village Green providing that it is the required distance from the A338 (the Clerk was asked to contact Highways for advice on the distance).

FINANCIAL REPORT

EXPENDITURE

Cheques to be issued 11th June 2012

Mr C Wilkins Grass cutting /litter collecting 263.00

Mr B Pearce Notice board repair/grass cutting 249.00

Flow Right Shelves for Storage in garage 148.00

SBVC Hire of room 25.00

R.N. Waterman Expenses 41.50

TVAPC Subscription 10.00

INCOME

Goal posts 1776.00

Cheque received from TVBC 1805.00

Viola 250.00

Standing Order

R.N. Waterman Wages June 325.25

Aviva Insurance June 97.02

Balance after above payments have been made 10,205.48

 

 

COUNCILLORS REPORTS

CLLR MISS A REYNOLDS - Spoke about the BMX. After communication with Jamie work has been done to improve the facility and he seems back on board after a brief absence.

Cllr Miss Reynolds reported that with the Clerk she had attended the TVAPC annual meeting, where attendance to the meetings of the Parish Councils who are not members of HALC was discussed. A resolution was agreed and passed allowing those non members of HALC to attend the TVAPC meetings, they will be able to participate but will have no voting rights for a fee of 10 a year. The Chairman recommended that the Parish Council agree to this fee as it will enable us to keep up with new legislation when it is released. The Parish Council agreed to the 10 fee.

Cllr Miss Reynolds spoke about flooding in Gardeners Green, which had occurred after the days torrential rain. After contacting TVBC, Highways and Borough Councillor Mr P Lashbrook to alert them of the problem and that sand bags were urgently needed. Test Valley Borough Council then contacted the householder requesting the sandbags and stated that there would be a charge. Outraged at this request Cllr Miss Reynolds contacted TVBC and Cllr Mr P Lashbrook and has written to Sir George Young. TVBC, Highways and Cllr Lashbrook visited Shipton and work was carried out to divert the flow of water.

CLLR MR G RICHARDSON - Spoke about the recent inconsiderate parking at the last two Saturday auctions. It caused a problem for cars on the A338 entering the village.

Cllr Mr T Bowden believed that the Auction House have permission to use the Clubs car park on auction days. Cllr Mr T Bowden stated that he will speak to the Auction House and the Club on this matter.

CLLR MRS R TETLOW - Reported that Shipton Good Neighbours is going well but more drivers are still required.

CLLR MR T BOWDEN - Reported that the Tinkers are back at Solstice Park and that there are no contact telephone numbers for the Parish Council on the notice boards. The Clerk will put the Parish Office telephone number on the village notice boards as there is an answer phone. The Chairman and Clerks telephone numbers are on the back of the Village News.

Cllr Mr T Bowden asked if there was any news on the dropped kerb in Bulford Road? The Clerk reported that he had asked John Clarke who stated that it is on the work schedule for this financial year. Cllr Mr T Bowden also commented that the repair work carried out at the entrance to Manor Farm has not improved the drainage in that area, in fact the puddle has got bigger!

The Chairman stated that a site meeting with the new Highways Officer Mr Walsh will need to be held.

CLOSE OF THE MEETING

The Chairman thanked everyone for coming and closed the meeting.

DATE OF THE NEXT MEETING

2nd July 2012 at 7.30pm in the Village Centre Fletcher Room.