Minutes of the Shipton Bellinger Parish Council Meeting held on Monday 5th March 2012 in the Fletcher Room, Village Centre at 7.30pm.

Present : Cllr Miss A Reynolds - Chairman

Cllr Mrs R Tetlow

Cllr Mr S Bluff

Cllr Mr T Bowden

Cllr Mrs P Saunders

Cllr Mr G Richardson

Cllr Mr M Bladen

Richard Waterman - Parish Clerk

Mr D Sperry - Village Centre Chairman

Member of the Public - Mrs C Estlick and Mrs W Sperry.

Apologies : Cllr Mr M Udale - Vice Chairman, Cllr Mrs S Turner, Cllr Mr D Davies, County

Councillor Mrs P West and Borough Councillor Mr P Lashbrook.

DECLARATION OF INTERESTS

Cllr Mr T Bowden declared an interest in the Village Centre

Cllr Mrs R Tetlow declared an interest in Footpath 5, Flooding and the Allotments.

Cllr Miss A Reynolds declared an interest in Footpath 5 and the Allotments.

PARISH COUNCIL VACANCY

The Parish Councillors were introduced to Mrs Pat Saunders and all agreed to co-opt her on to the Parish Council. Mrs Pat Saunders signed the Declaration of Office and Financial statement. The Chairman welcomed Cllr Mrs Pat Saunders onto the Parish Council.

VILLAGE CENTRE.

Mr D Sperry reported that the roof and fence have been repaired and that there has not been any more incidents of vandalism. The new Litter Collector has started after the Village Centre received the correct licences from Hampshire County Council.

Mr Sperry reported that Mr J Edmonds has resigned as Chairman from the Shipton Rams and from the Village Centre Committee. The future of the Shipton Rams is now uncertain and the issue of the goal posts is unresolved.

Mr Sperry stated that he is still concerned about the BMX Bikers riding around the Village Centre. The Chairman had hoped that the BMX lads would be at the meeting as she had met them outside and they said they would be attending.

Mr Sperry stated that he still had tickets available for the Elvis McGonagall event on the 10th March.

MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING.

The Chairman signed the minutes of the previous meeting as a true record. Matters arising from those minutes :-

AFFORDABLE HOUSING - The Chairman reported that the whole village should have now received the Housing Survey.

GRIT BIN - The missing Grit Bin in Bulford Road has still not been replaced.

DEAD TREES - The dead trees next to Red Villas have been removed.

MEMBERSHIP OF HALC - The Chairman had no news to report on the joining HALC as a cluster group.

RIVER BOURNE - Please see attached email from James Holbrook from the Environment Agency to Cllr Mr T Bowden.

Cllr Mr T Bowden spoke about the scum in the river running through the village, a sample has been taken and given to Mr Henry Edmonds who has sent it to Wessex Water for it to be analysed. Cllr Mr T Bowden stated that he has also had conversations with Test Valley Environmental Health on the issue of the scum on the water flowing through the village.

POT HOLES - The Chairman reported that she had emailed Mr John Clarke at Highways about the poor state of the village roads and the many pot holes that still need attention. Despite continuous reporting the pot holes are getting deeper and larger.

PLANNING

12/00390/FULLN - Erection of conservatory at rear - Old Chapel House, Salisbury Road.

Cllr Mr T Burden declared an interest in this planning application.

The Parish Council had NO OBJECTIONS to this planning application.

FOOTPATH 5

The Chairman reported that with Cllr Mrs R Tetlow and the Clerk she had met Mr Tony Burden on site to get another quote for Footpath 5.

The Clerk reported that Mr T Burden has not yet put a quote in writing but has verbally quoted 12,000 to do the length of the footpath from Hedges Close through to Salisbury Road or 13,000 to do it in two sections as he will have to hire the equipment twice.

The Parish Council discussed this at great length. Points raised included :-

1. Doing the footpath in two lengths would be more expensive but it meant that the worse

section could be done at a reasonable price with the remaining section done at a later

date as funds permitted.

2. The Chairman warned the Council that on speaking to the Land Registry it may not be as

straight forward to register the land as first thought, as proof of ownership may be a

stumbling block.

3. The Chairman stated that on the Lottery Grant Application Form it asks if the land

belongs to the applicant, this may prove to be difficult as at present there is no

registered owner. The Chairman will speak to the Lottery.

4. The Clerk will contact TVBC to see if we could obtain a 50/50 Capital Grant.

5. The Parish Council will also look at self funding and smaller grants to raise the money,

possibly using the 750 offered by the Allotment Society.

QUEENS DIAMOND JUBILEE

The Parish Council discussed providing a bench or possibly two to celebrate the Queens Diamond Jubilee. The Clerk will get some prices for the next meeting. Mrs C Estlick suggested that a bench made from recycled material that looks like wood is used as it is vandal proof. The Parish Council thought his a good idea and worth pursuing.

The Chairman also suggested planting a Christmas Tree on the Village Green, a permanent reminder each year when its decorated. The Parish Council though this a good idea.

Cllr Mr Bladen suggested that there may be other things the Parish Council could do to mark the Queens Diamond Jubilee, refurbishing the telephone box outside the Church for instance. The Parish Council pointed out that that telephone box did not belong to the Parish Council but thought it a good suggestion. The Clerk was asked to contact BT to see if they would replace the missing glass. Mrs Sperry reported that the three panes of glass with Telephone written on them are also now missing.

FINANCIAL REPORT

Cheques to be issued 5th March 2012

TVBC Election Expenses 37.57

Cedarwood Tree Services Removal of dead trees 100.00

SBVC Hire of Hall 17.50

Standing Orders

R.N. Waterman Wages March 325.25

Aviva Insurance March 97.02

SUMMARY

Opening Balance 3/10/11 = 9,022.69

Less Expenditure = 577.34

= 8,445.35

COUNCILLORS REPORTS.

CLLR MR S BLUFF - Reported that the new bus shelter base in the High Street stops short of the road, leaving a muddy gap, was there a reason for this? The Clerk will speak to Tony Burden the contractor who installed the base.

Cllr Mr Bluff reported that he has been approached by a parishioner who asked if it would be possible to have somewhere to sit while waiting for the bus. Cllr Mr Bluff suggested a stand alone seat if one could not be attached to the bus shelter. The Clerk will contact Queensbury Shelters to see what they had to offer and the cost involved.

The Chairman spoke about the bus service and the contact she has had with Stagecoach, County Councillor Mr Mel Kendal and Wiltshire Council. The Chairman had hoped that the Activ8 bus that travels from Andover to Salisbury, especially the service that terminate in Tidworth, could be extended to include Shipton Bellinger. This however does not seem possible due to timetables. A questionnaire will be put in the Village News asking parishioners what they want from the bus service, once this information has been gathered the various organisations can be contacted with a needs list.

CLLR MR M BLADEN - reported that he has been approached by a group of 8-10 year olds who are asking for a Skateboard Park, they have done their homework and have produced a list of their requirements and a site plan. Cllr Mr Bladen suggested that they come to the next meeting and give a small presentation. The Parish Council agreed.

CLLR MR G RICHARDSON - Reported that Footpath 17 is a restricted By Way and he was surprised to learn the an application to unrestrict Footpath 17 has been submitted by the Trail Riders. Until Hampshire County Council makes a decision the Footpath is listed as being dormant.

Cllr Mr Richardson was also surprised that the Parish Council had not been informed.

The Clerk reminded Cllr Mr Richardson that he raised this issue several year ago (March 2005) as a result of a new Government Act. The Trial Riders Fellowship came to a Parish Council Meeting (April 2005) to inform the Parish Council of their intentions to claim RUPPS.

The Clerk will find the previous minutes to update the Parish Councillors.

Cllr Mr Richardson spoke about the increased activity on the By Ways around the village from motorbikes and 4X4 vehicles, many using MOD land. Cllr Mr T Bowden stated that there has actually been a reduction in the amount of 4X4 vehicles and motorbikes on Salisbury Plain over the last few years.

CLLR MISS A REYNOLDS - Reported that it is the Shipton Bellinger Primary School's centenary this year and they are asking for anyone who has any photographs, memorabilia or stories about the school to please contact them. The School will be inviting the Parish Council to the Opening of their New Extension on the 6th July 2012.

Cllr Miss Reynolds reported that on the 7th June 2012 at 4pm St Peters and the Community Church are to hold a Queen's Diamond Jubilee celebration in the Village Centre; this will be advertised in the Village News.

Cllr Miss Reynolds stated that the flooding of the A338 at the Snoddington lane junction at the weekend has been reported to Hampshire Highways. It was reported that there was a crash at this junction during the afternoon of this meeting and the Air Ambulance was in attendance.

MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC

There were no issued raised by the members of the public.

CLOSE OF THE MEETING

The Chairman thanked everyone for coming and closed the meeting.

DATE OF THE NEXT MEETING

2nd April 2012 in the Village Centre Fletcher Room at 7.30pm