Minutes of the Shipton Bellinger Parish Council Meeting held on Monday 6th February 2012 in the Fletcher Room, Village Centre at 7.30pm.

Present : Cllr Miss A Reynolds - Chairman

Cllr Mr M Udale - Vice Chairman

Cllr Mrs R Tetlow

Cllr Mr S Bluff

Cllr Mr T Bowden

Richard Waterman - Parish Clerk

PCSO David Trowbridge

Mr D Sperry - Village Centre Chairman

Lynne Dominy - Shipton Allotment Society Chairman

Member of the Public - 5

Apologies : Cllr Mr G Richardson, Cllr Mr M Bladen, Cllr Mrs S Turner, County Councillor Mrs

P West and Borough Councillor Mr P Lashbrook.

DECLARATION OF INTERESTS

Cllr Mr T Bowden declared an interest in the Village Centre

Cllr Mrs R Tetlow declared an interest in Footpath 5, Flooding and the Allotments.

Cllr Miss A Reynolds declared an interest in Footpath 5 and the Allotments.

PARISH COUNCIL VACANCY

The Clerk reported that unfortunately Mr Gary Saunders could not take up the position due to work commitments. However his, Mother, Mrs Pat Saunders is very interested in joining the Parish Council. Mrs P Saunders has lived in the village for many years and is a well known figure having worked for many years for the Post Office. She will come to the March meeting to meet the Parish Council.

VILLAGE CENTRE.

Mr D Sperry reported that there have been several cases of vandalism, repairs are required to the roof tiles at the car park end of the building and a fight involving youths in the Play area destroyed part of the fence. Two spent and one live shotgun cartridges were found by the Village Centre, this was reported to the police.

Mr Sperry reported that the Village Centre hope to employ a new Litter Collector, due to being under 16 years a licence is needed from Hampshire County Council. The Village Centre has had a full electrical inspection. Some minor items need attention, it was recommended that some maintenance on the emergency lighting is carried out along with adding and additional 4 units are needed.

Mr Sperry reported that he and Mike England had met with the Parish Clerk to discuss the Village Centre Budget and how the Parish Council would like it presented, they had a good meeting. It was agreed that a further meeting will be held in October to discuss next years budget before it is presented to the Parish Council at the November Meeting.

Mr Sperry reported that a meeting is to be held with the Shipton Rams to discuss the way forward, the goal posts have still not been installed and this is now having an effect on future bookings for the football pitches. The BMX riders are still causing problems riding between the Village Centre and the Play Park. This was discussed, Cllr Mr S Bluff said he would produce some laminated signs and posts asking them to not use this route to the BMX Track.

Mr Sperry spoke about the lack of support for Village Centre events, the recent planned Atlantics event had to be cancelled as only two tickets were sold, the event has been re-scheduled. Another event that had been organised by a private party was also cancelled due to lack of ticket sales.

POLICE REPORT.

PCSO David Trowbridge introduced himself and reported that he joined the Stockbridge Beat in July and he works closely with PC Roger Kitson. PCSO Trowbridge spoke about the reported Crime figures for Shipton during the last 90 days -

9 Anti Social behaviour

2 Burglaries

2 Criminal Damage

1 Theft

1 Vehicle

MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING.

The Chairman signed the minutes of the previous meeting as a true record. Matters arising from those minutes :-

FOOTPATH 5 - Cllr Mrs R Tetlow reported that she had no news to report on the Armys offer of work, Richard Luedicke has also indicated that getting the hard core out of the camp and on site is also proving to be challenging.

The Chairman suggested that if the Army can still supply the man power but not the equipment it may be prudent to employ the services of local contractors who have the equipment. This project has been ongoing for years, there have been several false starts and promises but we are no further forward. The Chairman felt that we must either get the work organised or go down the route of applying for a grant and getting a contractor to do the whole job. The Parish Council agreed.

BUS SHELTERS - The Clerk reported that the base has been put down for the bus shelter next to red Villas. This has been laid in concrete and not the shingle due to the nature of the ground.

AFFORDABLE HOUSING - The Chairman reported that Donna Wages has sent a reply to the questions raised by parishioners, a copy has been sent to all the Parish Councillors and will be posted on the Notice Boards. Copies will also be given to Mrs C Estlick to pass round her neighbours in Bulford Road.

The Chairman reported that it has transpired that there was more than one applicant for the English Rural Housing property in Gardeners Green. The application system is done through the Test Valley Borough Council housing points system, so the successful applicant was the only name passed on to English Rural Housing.

The Chairman reported that she has been in contact with Testway Housing (now renamed Astor Community) regarding the site by the Horticultural Shed. Astor Community are not quite sure what they plan to do with the site but are looking at several possibilities.

GRIT BINS - The grit bins in the village have been filled, the missing grit bin from Bulford Road has not yet been replaced.

WATER - Cllr Mr T Bowden reported that he has been informed by Cholderton Water that farmers in the area have agreed to change their farming practices to try and improve the water quality.

DOG FOULING - Mr Curry has now ploughed his field up to his boundary adjacent to footpath 17. An article about dog fouling has been placed in the Village News by the TVBC Dog Warden.

PLANNING

11/02807/FULLN - Erection of conservatory at rear and porch at front - Sharmida, Bulford

Road, Shipton Bellinger.

The Parish Council had NO OBJECTIONS to this planning application.

11/02724/FULLN - Erection of replacement porch - Parsonage Farmhouse, High Street.

The Parish Council had NO OBJECTIONS to this planning application.

TEST VALLEY CORE STRATEGY - The Parish Council are satisfied that the draft Test Valley Core Strategy Plan safeguards the village from further large scale development. There is no change to the village envelope. The only comment on the supporting documentation is that there is no longer an hourly bus service serving the village.

ALLOTMENT FUND

Lynne Dominy reported that the Allotments are now in their third Year and as agreed the first yearly payment of 750 is to be made available for an Allotment Fund for the village to apply for grants. The money does not have to be spent in one year and can be carried over and added to the following year. The fund will be administered by the Allotment Society and the Parish Council.

The Allotment Committee have made two suggestions :-

1. That the first 750 is put towards the refurbishment of Footpath 5.

2. That village organisations are invited to apply for grants from the fund that will benefit

the village.

This was discussed at great length, the Parish Council thought that the Footpath 5 would swallow up the 750 and thought that it would be more prudent to go with the second suggestion. It was agreed that no firm decision would be made until the funding for the footpath 5 project and the direction the Parish Council will take is confirmed.

Lynne Dominy suggested that woodchip is put down on the muddy areas of Footpath 5 as a temporary measure, this has been used to good effect on the Allotment pathways. This was noted.

Lynne Dominy reported that there are 5 new Allotment Holders this year and all plots are taken, plots are set aside for Military personnel, the School were offered a plot but did not take it up.

TREE WORKS

The Chairman reported that she has received a quote of 100 to remove to ground level the dead Willow Stem and the Ash Tree on the Parish Council owned land by Red Villas. The Parish Council agreed to the work being carried out, it will tidy up the area and reduce the risk of a tree falling on the new bus shelter in high winds.

 

 

FINANCIAL REPORT.

Cheques to be issued 6th February 2012

Utopia Designs Street Sign 26.40

Mr C Wilkins Litter Collecting/Footpath Cutting 381.00

SBVC Hire of Room 90.00

Flow Right Base for New Bus Shelter 290.00

Mr B Pearce Ditch Clearing 160.00

SB WI Welcome Pack 25.00

TVBC Flashing Speed Sign Maintenance 375.00

Standing Orders

R.N. Waterman Wages January 325.25

R.N. Waterman Wages February 325.25

Aviva Insurance January 97.02

Aviva Insurance February 97.02

SUMMARY

Opening Balance 3/10/11 = 9,181.32

Plus Burial Fee 110.00

VAT Refund 1,923.31

Less Expenditure = 2,191.94

= 9,022.69

The Parish Clerk reported that the Parish Council decided that there will be no increase in the Parish Precept for the Year 2012/2013. The Precept has been set at 21,000.

COUNCILLORS REPORTS.

CLLR MR S BLUFF - Reported that he attended a recent Neighbourhood Watch Co-ordinators meeting. PC Roger Kitson has been out and about with the Speed Gun monitoring speeds in the village.

CLLR MRS R TETLOW - Mentioned the Queens Diamond Jubilee Celebrations. It was agreed that this will be put on the March meeting agenda for discussion.

CLLR MISS A REYNOLDS - Reported that the Parish Council has received notification from Susan Tovey the Borough Monitoring Officer on changes to the Code of Conduct due to be adopted in July 2012. Further information will be made available nearer the time and the Parish Council will need to adopt the revised Code of Conduct.

Cllr Miss Reynolds reported that Mr Scott has spoken to her about the problem with Dog Fouling in the area around his barn, a new gate has been installed at the top of the drive way to stop people walking up the drive from the A338. Mr Scott wishes to keep the area in front of the barn clean and tidy and has stated that if dog owners do not clear up after their animals he will not permit them to use his land and will make them follow the line of the footpath by the hedge. The footpath has become wider over a number years and this proposal will only reduce it to the legal width.

Cllr Miss Reynolds reported on the recent Chairmans meeting to discuss membership to HALC. Representatives form HALC were present and tried to sell the benefit of membership, Mr Colin Mercer a board member of HALC offered the incentive of the Parish Councils joining as a Cluster Group at a reduced membership fee, this is being explored. Cllr Mr P Lashbrook has received an email from Steven Lugg since the meeting and things do not look hopeful.

CLLR MR T BOWDEN - reported that he is still concerned about the quality of the water running in the Bourne down stream of the Tidworth Sewage Works and suggested that the Parish Council request that a test be carried out. Cllr Mr M Udale will contact the Environment Agency on this matter.

Cllr Mr T Bowden reported that there is a large pot hole in the pavement by the Working Mens Club, and both he and the Chairman also felt that the recent repairs carried out in the village are already breaking up around the edges.

MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC

Mrs R Flowers noted that the Olympic Torch is coming thorough Ludgershall to Tidworth and it is not planned to come through Shipton Bellinger.

Cllr Mrs Estlick reported that there is a huge pot hole in Bulford Road. It was also noted that there are large cracks appearing in the High Street. This will be reported to Highways.

CLOSE OF THE MEETING.

The Chairman thanked everyone for coming and closed the meeting.

DATE OF THE NEXT MEETING - 5TH MARCH 2012 AT 7.30PM

The Parish Council held an in camera meeting to discuss the Village Centre grant for the year 2012- 2013.