Minutes of the Shipton Bellinger Parish Council Meeting held on Monday 5th December 2011 in the Fletcher Room, Village Centre at 7.30pm.

Present : Cllr Miss A Reynolds - Chairman

Cllr Mr M Udale - Vice Chairman

Cllr Mrs R Tetlow

Cllr Mrs S Turner

Cllr Mr T Bowden

Cllr Mr M Bladen

Cllr Mr G Richardson

Cllr Mr S Bluff

Borough Councillor Mr P Lashbrook

Richard Waterman - Parish Clerk

Members of the Public - 4

Apologies : County Councillor Mrs P West.

WELCOME. The Chairman welcomed everyone to the meeting.

DECLARATION OF INTERESTS.

Cllr Mr T Bowden declared an interest in the Village Centre

Cllr Mrs R Tetlow declared an interest in Footpath 5, Flooding and the Allotments.

Cllr Miss A Reynolds declared an interest in Footpath 5

Cllr Mr M Bladen declared an interest in Bulford Road/Watery Lane and the Village Centre.

VILLAGE CENTRE.

Cllr Mr M Bladen reported that the Village Centre main gate post has been replaced, the knee rail is still ongoing and there have been several near misses concerning pedestrians and BMX riders on the Village Centre path. The Clerk will be provided with a key for the front door and gate, so that if the need arises access for wheelchair users can be provided.

The Football Club have received a grant for half the cost of the goal posts - The Parish Council and the Village Centre pledged to assist with the finance of the goal posts as part of the grant application, the final commitment will be known when the Football Club produce a financial statement. A recent altercation between the BMX and Footballers was discussed and it was hoped that this would not happen again.

Cllr Mr Bladen hopes to resume the Sports meetings in the spring. The Village Centre have several projects they would like to tackle and are looking at funding, possibly obtaining grants through the MOD for small projects.

MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING.

The Chairman signed the minutes of the previous meeting as a true record. Matters arising from those minutes :-

FOOTPATH 5 - The Chairman reported that she had been contacted by the Army representative regarding Footpath 5. The Royal Engineers have problems as they do not have the equipment to hand anymore to do the work, the equipment will need to be hired in. This means that the work will have to be planned rather than slotting it in when they have an unexpected gap in their schedule. Because of this The Army can not give a time scale for the work to be done.

However they will be able to tackle some of the smaller jobs where equipment is not required like the concrete steps at the beginning of the footpath from Salisbury Road.

Unfortunately the engineers will not be able to tackle the soak away, it is just to big a project for them.

BUS SHELTERS - The new bus shelters have been erected, one at Threadgill Way and the other in the High Street. The base for the High Street bus shelter will be added as soon as the contractor can fit it into his schedule.

AFFORDABLE HOUSING - The Chairman reported that she had collated the questionnaires on Affordable Housing and has sent them to Donna Wages. Donna Wages has forwarded the current waiting list figures, out of the 36 on the list 34 require 1 or 2 bed roomed accommodation. This information is surprising as we have been informed by English Rural Housing that there was only one applicant for the two bedroom house that was recently advertised in Gardeners Green.

The Chairman reported that Testway Housing have started to take an interest again in the site they own at the back of Hedges Close/Gardeners Green and have asked for the name of the Chairman of the Horticultural Society. This was confirmed as Mr Graham Stanisforth.

CHRISTMAS TREE FESTIVAL - The Parish Council entered their Christmas Tree and were up against some stiff competition, there were some very good trees. The winning adult tree was from the Shipton Allotment Society and the childrens tree from the Pre-School. The event raised over £200 for the Pre-school.

CHALK MOUND AT ECHO ECHO - The Chairman reported that Cllr Mr T Bowden had contacted the MOD and has been assured that the large mound of chalk will be used to repair the old track.

PLANNING

There were no new planning applications to discuss this month.

STORAGE

The Clerk reported that after many years of being on the waiting list a garage in Threadgill Way has been offered to the Parish Council. The Parish Council thought this excellent news and would be a solution to our storage problems.

FINANCIAL REPORT

Cheques to be issued 5th December 2011

R.N. Waterman Wages - December £325.25

Hampshire County Council Street Lighting £1,131.54

Sutcliff Play Repairs Play Area £183.53

T Services Work on the BMX Track £449.50

Queensbury Services 2 Bus Shelters £3,960.00

R.N. Waterman Expenses £35.70

Nelly Plant Hire Work on the BMX Track £600.00

 

 

 

SUMMARY - after above expenditure

Opening Balance 3/11/11 £14,817.34

Less Expenditure 5/12/11 £5,636.02

Balance £9,181.32

VAT to be refunded £1,734.42

CHRISTMAS TREE DECORATING

The Parish Council will decorate the village Christmas Trees on the 10th December at 9am.

CLLR MR P LASHBROOKS REPORT.

Cllr Mr P Lashbrook reported that there is to be an audit of the traffic lights at the 100 Acre roundabout in Andover. It is possible that cameras may be installed as a result to continuously monitor the traffic flow.

Cllr Mr Lashbrook was sorry to report that there has been a fatal accident on the A342, road safety on this stretch of the A342 to Ludgershall is now under review. The Co-op Distribution Centre is a proving a success. The number plate recognition system is working well ensuring that large Co-op lorries do not use the local roads.

Cllr Mr Lashbrook reported that the Weyhill Road in Andover will be closed from 24th December 2011 until early April 2012 for railway bridge repairs. The A and B Road review is on track and should be made public by April 2012.

COUNCILLORS REPORTS

CLLR MR S BLUFF - Neighbourhood Watch - Reported that there has been an increase in heating oil thefts in the area. A bicycle has been taken from outside the Boot Inn.

Cllr Mr S Bluff asked if there was any news on the nitrates in the water reported earlier in the year? The Parish Council had none, Cllr Mr T Bowden said he would speak to Henry Edmonds at Cholderton Water.

CLLR MR M BLADEN - Asked if there was any news on the missing Grit Bin at the top of Bulford Road? The Clerk was asked to chase Highways.

Cllr Mr Bladen reported that he had mentioned the Village Finger Posts at the junction of the High Street and Bulford Road, they are in need of refurbishment. The Clerk reported that he has mentioned this to Brian Pearce who will look at them and quote to do the job.

CLLR MISS A REYNOLDS - Reported that she has been the Parish Councils representative on Shipton Bellinger Primary School Governing body for the last four years. The four year term ends in February 2012 and unless someone else wishes to take on the role she would like to continue. The Parish Council were happy for Cllr Miss A Reynolds to continue as the Parish Council representative on the School Governors.

Cllr Miss Reynolds reported that she has contacted the Wiltshire Council Transport dept regarding the residents who are stranded in Tidworth after finishing work at 5pm and missing the last bus to Shipton Bellinger at 4.45pm. Although they couldnt promise anything Wiltshire Council have asked for the numbers involved, a notice will be put on the Bus Shelters asking those involved to contact the Clerk.

Cllr Miss Reynolds reported that as a result of the Community Conversation event held in the village earlier in the year, she was asked to give a small presentation at Test Valley Borough Council on how the village has made use of the scheme. The Bus Shelters and the increase in the numbers of young mothers with children visiting the Mobile Library since its change of time and location (info supplied by the Mobile Library driver) was mentioned.

CLLR MRS S TURNER - Gave her apologies for the February 2012 Meeting.

CLLR MR T BOWDEN - Reported that some of the pot holes and repairs to the roads have been done since the site meeting with John Clarke. The dropped kerb in Bulford Road is still outstanding.

MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC

Mrs C Estlick reported that there has been two other burglaries in the village - a motor bike was taken from RS Racing and equipment was taken from Manor Farm.

Residents in Parkhouse Road are concerned that the dumping of garden waste by army residents on the path behind their properties is getting out of hand, rotting vegetation is beginning to smell. The Chairman stated that this is fly tipping and residents must report this to Environmental Health at Test Valley Borough Council. This was endorsed by Cllr Mr P Lashbrook.

CORRESPONDENCE

The Chairman read out the following letter received from Mr Iain Curry.

Dog Walkers and Rubbish

I would be grateful if I could have the Parish Council’s help on various problems.

1. I have given the Village a permitted right of way around my field (known as Scotties)

Since I have cleared the double hedge path (No 17) there is no need for people to walk the other side of this. I would propose that I withdraw my permission along this boundary of the field.

I also propose that walkers use Footpath 5 (rather than going around the allotments). People can then leave Footpath 5 and walk around my field on the north west part of the field to join up with the double hedge (route 17).

2. Dog Muck

The allotment holders and myself are appalled by the way some walkers allow their dogs to run out of control, and how they disregard the rules of public and permitted footpaths, by not clearing up after their dogs. This is a Health and Safety issue. It is a horrible job trying to cut around the field and my tractors come back smelly and covered in dog muck. I no longer can drive around my own field. The vehicles have to be washed down every time they have been out in the fields.

3. Rubbish Deposited around the field – including all garden waste

I have recently had a meeting with the Army and they are going to have a clamp down on service occupiers in the village. I would therefore ask the Parish Council for their support here too. Thank you for the last article in the Parish magasine

I am contemplating going round with a bulldozer to clear the rubbish from the boundary. This will fill several skips and will cost a great deal of money

4. Children continue to play in my crops and the damage amounts to over £1,000 each year. However more importantly this is a Health and Safety issue

 

5. My staff have been meeting a number of people walking on my farm on the East of the A338. They have been asked politely to stop doing this and unfortunately on several occasions they have been sworn at and been told that they can walk where they like and no one will stop them. They would not give their names but did admit they lived in Shipton This is regrettable and I feel that we are doing our best to accommodate members of the village and this lack of respect in return. It is unfortunate when so many of the people living in the village who treat the country side as it should are let down by a few.

The Parish Council discussed this matter. The Chairman has put various articles in the Village News on these issues, it was suggested that Mr Curry puts an article in the Village News to try and get the point across. The Chairman asked if the Footpath Officers could assist in any way? Cllr Mr G Richardson suggested that he contacted Peter Watson at Hampshire Rights of Way top see if some footpath roundels could be provided to clearly mark the route of the footpath.

CLOSE OF THE MEETING

The Chairman thanked everyone for coming and closed the meeting.

IN CAMERA MEETING

The Parish Council held an In Camera Meeting to discuss the 2012/2013 Precept.

DATE OF THE NEXT MEETING

6th February 2012 in the Fletcher Room, Village Centre at 7.30pm.