Minutes of the Shipton Bellinger Parish Council Meeting held on Monday 7th November 2011 in the Fletcher Room, Village Centre at 7.30pm.

Present : Cllr Miss A Reynolds - Chairman

Cllr Mr M Udale - Vice Chairman

Cllr Mrs R Tetlow

Cllr Mrs S Turner

Cllr Mr M Bladen

Cllr Mr G Richardson

Cllr Mr T Bowden

Richard Waterman - Parish Clerk

Member of the Public - 5

Apologies : Cllr Mr S Bluff, Mr D Sperry - Village Centre Chairman, County Councillor Mrs P

West and Borough Councillor Mr P Lashbrook.

DECLARATION OF INTERESTS

Cllr Mr T Bowden declared an interest in the Village Centre

Cllr Mrs R Tetlow declared an interest in Footpath 5, Flooding and the Allotments.

Cllr Miss A Reynolds declared an interest in Footpath 5 and the Allotments.

Cllr Mr M Bladen declared an interest in Bulford Road/Watery Lane and the Village Centre.

VILLAGE CENTRE.

Mr D Sperry sent in a report that was read out by the Clerk.

The left hand gate post has rotted out underground and is waiting for Chris Tait to repair, and he still has the knee rail to do around the car park.

The last event at the Village Centre (Forest Forge Theatre) ran at a slight loss due to poor attendance. The amount of effort which went into marketing and advertising was the same as always and a little more this time (fliers put through doors). The Village Centre would welcome any ideas on how this can be improved. The next event on the Village Centre calendar is The Atlantics a rock and roll band on the 10th December with a jive workshop in the afternoon.

The next Village Centre meeting is on the 21st November 2011.

The new BMX track seems to be a success. However Mr Sperry is very concerned at the numbers of bikes which still ride at speed around the play park. Despite repeated requests this is still happening. They do not seem to want to use the gate (s) provided. One answer might be to erect a fence and lockable gate between the corner of the play park and the Village Centre. This would locate nicely between the 2 changing room doors with the gate on the concrete path. A key would be provided for the footballers. This would then allow the visitors and the play park safe access.

Finally the latest news for the Rams is that they are expecting a reply from the Football Foundation concerning their application for funds for the goal posts.

The Parish Council discussed the suggestion of a gate and felt that the first course of action would be to try and persuade the bikers not to use that route but to use the new entrance. Should there be a need to come in via the Village Centre to go round the other side of the building.

Cllr Mr M Bladen reported that the tennis and cricket nets are to be taken down and stored over the winter.

PARISH COUNCIL VACANCY

The Clerk reported that TVBC have confirmed that the Parish Council can co-opt to fill the vacancy. Mr Gary Saunders has expressed interest in becoming a Parish Councillor. The Parish Council looked forward to meeting Mr Saunders and hoped that he could attend the December meeting.

MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING.

The Chairman signed the minutes of the previous meeting as a true record. Matters arising from those minutes :-

FOOTPATH 5 - Cllr Mrs Tetlow and the Clerk met with the Army and walked footpath 5. The Army will be tackling the muddy areas of footpath 5 from Salisbury Road through to Gardeners Green, they hope to start work early in the new year and if commitments allow possibly before Christmas. Areas to have the hardcore delivered for the job have been identified. The Army have also looked at the flooding problem in the Gardeners Green/Kingfishers area of the footpath and propose to put in a soak away at the bottom corner of Mr Currys field.

The Clerk reported that he has contacted Mr Curry and he has no objection to the soak away being dug as long as he sees sight of what they plan to do before they start.

The Chairman agreed to e-mail the owner of the land in front of The Hideaway on Footpath 5 to ask permission to use his land for the hardcore to be delivered. She did also say that she has e-mailed him recently regarding the overhanging trees but is still waiting a response.

BUS SHELTERS - The Clerk reported that the bus shelters have been made and are ready for dispatch from the factory. The order for the repairs to the existing bus shelters has also been confirmed by Queensbury Shelters.

TREES IN GARDENERS GREEN - Cllr Mr T Bowden reported that Hampshire County Council has confirmed that they own two of the trees in Gardeners Green, ownership of the remaining two is still to be decided. Southern Water have also confirmed that there are problems with the tree roots entering the sewer pipes, the matter is on-going.

BMX - The BMX humps were installed shortly after the last meeting and are well used. The Clerk reported that he has instructed Digley Play Ground Inspectors to come and look at the humps, they will advise on the height etc and if everything is in order they will issue a certificate so that the Parish Council can insure the facility (quote from Aviva approx 240 a year).

HALC - The Chairman reported that Steven Lugg from HALC has offered to come to the next Chairmans meeting to try and persuade the Councils that have not renewed the benefits of membership. Test Valley Borough Council have also confirmed that the councils who have not renewed their membership to HALC are still welcome at the Test Valley Association meetings.

NOTICE BOARD - The new notice board has been erected on Bulford Road and is in use.

AFFORDABLE HOUSING - The Parish Council discussed at length the on-going issue of Affordable Housing and the identified site at Bulford Road Manor Farm. Points raised :-

1. The response to the questions box in the shop has been good. The questions and points

need to be collated before being sent to Donna wages at TVBC. The Chairman will reply

to one of the letters as its content was offensive to the Parish Councils integrity.

The Chairman read out her reply and the majority of the Councillors agreed that it

should be sent.

2. People are not clear about the difference between Affordable and Social Housing or

indeed the difference between Hampshire County and Test Valley Borough Councils.

3. It has been confirmed that there are 60 Testway properties, 6 English Rural

properties for tenants with a Shipton connection and numerous private rentals in the

village.

4. The Chairman has spoken to Chris Tait about the land availability and he has stated that

he has not been informed by the MOD that they had put the Manor Farm Site forward for development.

5. The Parish Council need to explore having a policy on development on green field sites

around the village. It was noted that the Village Design Statement makes it very clear

that the village does not need any further development. It was agreed that the Village

Design Statement needs to be resurrected and studied as this will help in any policy

making. The Clerk confirmed that the Village Design Statement was never adopted and

therefore does not have any sway with Planning - this need to be addressed.

PLANNING

11/02422/CPLN - Certificate of lawfulness for proposed development - conversion of

garage to provide utility room and home office - 3 Astor Mews, High

Street, Shipton Bellinger.

The Parish Council had NO OBJECTION to this Planning Application.

CHRISTMAS TREE FESTIVAL.

The Parish Council finalised their ideas for the Christmas tree to be entered in the Christmas Tree Festival. Cllrs A Reynolds, R Tetlow and S Turner will erect the tree in the church on the 1st December and Cllr Mr M Udale will take it down on the 3rd December.

It was agreed that the tree on the Village Green will be decorated on Saturday 10th December. The Pre School are making additional CD decorations for the tree.

QUEENS DIAMOND JUBILEE.

The Parish Council briefly discussed ideas to mark the Queens Diamond Jubilee. Current suggestions are a Jubilee Garden, Mugs for the Children and benches for the Playing field.

FINANCIAL REPORT.

Cheques to be issued 7th November 2011

R.N. Waterman Wages - Paid by standing order 325.25

Mr B Pearce Church Grass Cutting/Notice Board 214.00

SBVC Hire of Room 10.00

Metroplan Notice Board Bulford Road 322.52

The Book People Local Council Administration/Accounts 30.00

 

 

SUMMARY

Opening Balance 3/10/11 = 15,609.11

Plus Burial Fee 110.00

Less Expenditure = 901.77

= 14,817.34

NOTE.

Cricket Nets Balance held 468.06

Allotment Deposit 500

VAT to be refunded 1043.83

The Clerk reported that he has received the Village Centre budget and their request for funding for 2012/13. Each Councillor was given a copy. The Precept will be discussed at a closed meeting after the December Parish Council meeting.

COUNCILLORS REPORTS.

CLLR MISS A REYNOLDS - Reported that Cllr Mr S Bluff has asked if the Parish Council would have any objections to advertising boards being placed on the bank by the Village Centre? These would be used to promote fund raising events. The Parish Council had no objections.

Cllr Mr Bluff also asked that it be made known that there has been a heating oil theft in Shipton Bellinger. Thefts from War Memorials have been reported and Cllr Mr Bluff wondered if there is a separate record of the names listed on the Shipton Bellinger War Memorial in case the unthinkable happens and it was vandalised? Mrs Diane Elkins confirmed that there was.

Cllr Miss Reynolds spoke about the new bus timetables and the new Community Bus service. It has been pointed out to the Transport dept of Wiltshire Council that there is no bus to bring workers back from Tidworth who finish at 5pm. Before the new service started they did agree to look the timetable to see if any tweaking of the bus times could be done.

Cllr Miss Reynolds, Cllr Mr T Burden and the Clerk had today had a site meeting with John Clarke from Highways. The village roads were walked and the various repairs and pot holes noted. The tree roots growing through the Bulford Road pavement by the school was noted and the effected area will be re-laid.

CLLR MR M UDALE - Reported that there is no change in the ground water levels, they are still low for this time of year.

CLLR MRS R TETLOW - Reported that Mr John Ray has passed away. Mr Ray was on the Parish Council many years ago.

CLLR MR M BLADEN - Felt that the Affordable Housing issue was well handled at the last meeting and thanked the Chairman. Residents have also commented on the speed the BMX Humps were installed and are pleased with the new notice board in Bulford Road.

Cllr Mr Bladen reported that the last street Light in Bulford Road is not working. The Clerk will report this to Street Lighting.

Cllr Mr Bladen reported that there is a problem with dog fouling up the tracks. The Chairman stated that this was raised during the recent Operation Clean Sweep and an article will be put in the Village News by Test Valley Borough Council.

Cllr Mr Bladen reported that the hedge alongside the school playing field on Bulford Rd is getting overgrown again and there are brambles growing over the pavement. The Chairman stated that Mr J Clarke mentioned this at the site meeting and said he would get it cut back.

Cllr Mr Bladen reported that there is a car for sale on the junction of Bulford Road and the A338. This will be reported to the police.

MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC

The Parish Council were asked how long after a meeting are the minutes displayed on the notice boards and when is the web site updated? The Chairman stated that we try to get the minutes up as soon as possible but the Clerk is having difficulties uploading the minutes on to the web site and needs to contact the web master.

The Parish Council were asked how many developers contact them about possible sites in the village for development? It was encouraging to hear that that the Parish Council have agreed to look at a housing policy.

The Clerk stated that every now and again developers do contact the Parish Council to make enquiries about sites that they have identified in the village - usually the field behind Gardeners Green. The last time was at least 5 years ago.

Mrs T Reeves stated that the ladies who gave the presentation in October stated that an affordable housing scheme could be in place by 2015, yet the Chairman stated that the SHLAA stated that the Manor Farm site could be developed in 10-15 Years. The Chairman stated that the SHLAA documents covers general development where as the affordable housing scheme would be an exception site.

Mrs C Estlick stated that when the Echo Echo presentation was given to the village by the army several years ago they said that the old chalk track up the hill would be covered over when the new track was installed. This has not happened and looks an eye saw. This was noted and the Parish Council will see if they can find out any information.

Cllr Mrs Estlick asked when the new Home Farm footpath will be opened. The Chairman reported that the Parish Council had been informed that it would sometime this month. Cllr Mr T Bowden reported that the new footpath needed planning permission and this is being applied for.

CLOSE OF THE MEETING

The Chairman thanked everyone for coming and closed the meeting.

DATE OF THE NEXT MEETING

5th December 2011 in the Fletcher Room at 7.30pm

 

 

 

DATES FOR THE 2012 MEETINGS

No meeting in January

6th February

5th March

2nd April

14th May - AGM

11th June

2nd July

No meeting in August

3rd September

1st October

5th November

3rd December