Minutes of the Shipton Bellinger Parish Council Meeting held on Monday 4th July 2011 in the Fletcher Room, Village Centre at 7.30pm.

Present : Cllr Miss A Reynolds - Chairman

Cllr Mr M Udale - Vice Chairman

Cllr Mrs R Tetlow

Cllr Mrs S Turner

Cllr Mr M Bladen

Cllr Mr G Richardson

Cllr Mr T Bowden

Cllr Mr R Luedicke

Richard Waterman - Parish Clerk

Member of the Public - 6

Apologies : Cllr Mr D Davies, Mr D Sperry - Chairman of the Village Centre, County

Councillor Mrs P West and Borough Councillor Mr P Lashbrook.

DECLARATION OF INTERESTS

Cllr Mr T Bowden declared an interest in the Village Centre

Cllr Mrs R Tetlow declared an interest in Footpath 5, Flooding and the Allotments.

Cllr Miss A Reynolds declared an interest in Footpath 5 and the Allotments.

Cllr Mr M Bladen declared an interest in Bulford Road/Watery Lane and the Village Centre.

VILLAGE CENTRE.

Report from Mr D Sperry

Vandalism.

Two recent instances. One is minor in as much as the left hand post of the field entry has rotted and became loose but was finished off by a youngster watching the Rams football practise last 2 Monday ago. Chris Tait has been asked to fit 2 new posts and this will be done this week at a cost of £110.00. He is also going to give a quote for new car-park barriers.

The second instance was on 29th June. A young lad decided to rip off the 2 disabled signs we had on the car-park barrier. There is CCTV footage of this and we will be contacting the police.

Village Field

“Nellie” did a good job. What plans have the Parish Council got to now tidy up the reclaimed ground to stop it becoming overgrown again? Do you think a working party could be organised?

Concerning the grass cutting Mr Sperry is waiting to meet with the Rams on Thursday. They are supposed to be cutting the field on a regular basis and billing the VC. Unfortunately the weather has not been good for grass cutting. Mr Sperry has asked Test Valley to visit to advise if we are doing things correctly.

We are still waiting for the Rams to advise what is happening about the new proposed football goals and pitches. Again this will progressed this on Thursday. Today I received a 4th request for Sunday football. On this matter what has happened to the “Sports” meeting we were having? Since Dave Davies went abroad these seem to have stopped.

The Chairman asked Cllr Mr T Bowden if he knew anyone who would quote to sort out the reclaimed area on the Playing Field? Cllr Mr Bowden said he had one or two people in mind and would have the necessary equipment to tackle the job. The Clerk will also ask Test Valley Contract Services to quote for the job.

Cllr Mr M Bladen took over from Cllr Mr D Davies on the Sports Committee and has been busy pursuing the Cricket Nets project.

Fund Raising.

As a result of a request placed in the Village News we now have 3 volunteers (plumber, carpenter and electrician) prepared to help with small projects in the VC. The first one will be refurbishment of the cleaners cupboard to incorporate a sink and hot water.

MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING.

Cllr Mr M Bladen stated that he did request that the Clerk forward the photographs taken by Mr Miller at the Echo Echo works to Mr R Alborough. These photographs clearly showed that there is room for a third filter lane. It seemed that there was some misunderstanding over who was going to send the photographs to Mr Ray Alborough and Cllr Mr Bladen will now do this as a resident of Bulford Road.

The Chairman signed the minutes of the previous meeting as a true record. Matters arising from those minutes :-

BUS SHELTER - The Clerk was pleased to report that Test Valley Borough Council have given the Parish Council a 50% grant of £1,805 towards two new bus shelters and notice boards. The Parish Council thought this excellent news.

The Parish Council discussed the sighting of the bus shelters. It was agreed that one will go at the Threadgill Way Bus Stop. The Village will be asked which site they would refer the other one to be erected Bulford Road or the High Street by Red Villas. The Chairman will produce a questionnaire with a cut off section to go in to the Village News, the shop will be asked if they would collect the replies.

A338 - Cllr Mr M Bladen reported that as a result of Watery Lane being closed there has been a considerable increase in traffic along Bulford Road, this has resulted in countless accidents, one a head on collision. Residents of Bulford Road welcome the reopening of Watery Lane, this has just strengthened their argument against its permanent closure.

The Chairman stated that Mr R Alborough will be asked for the results of the Traffic Survey undertaken in Bulford Road and conducted during the time Watery Lane has been closed. The works at Echo Echo are due to finish within the next few weeks and Watery Lane will be reopened.

FOOTPATH 5 - Cllr Mr G Richardson reported that Cllr Mr S Bluff has not had the time to take the Footpath 5 project forward and he has taken over the reigns. Cllr Mr Richardson is going to familiarise himself with the paperwork and will give a full report to the Council in September.

AFFORDABLE HOUSING - Each Parish Councillor was given a copy of the correspondence from Jane Ruskin the Rural Housing Enabler at Community Action Hampshire. This contained information on the various sites that have been identified in Shipton Bellinger and the response form TVBC Planners on the suitability of the sites.

The whole issue of affordable housing, sites, allocation, the housing waiting list, points system and the effect development would have on the infrastructure of the village was discussed at great length. The Chairman asked the Councillors to read the documentation from Jane Ruskin over the summer and it will be put on the September meeting agenda.

GRASS CUTTING - The Chairman has asked Cllr Mr P Lashbrook for an explanation as to why the grass at the top of Bulford Road is not cut on a regular basis any more. It was noted that the grass needs cutting again.

CRICKET NETS - Cllr Mr Bladen spoke about the Cricket Practice Nets. After a site meeting it was agreed that the playing field is very uneven and considerable work would be required to level an area, it has therefore been suggested that the Cricket Practice Net would be better sited in the Play Courts. This will be ideal as the surface is flat, a non-slip cricket mat will be purchased to give the right surface to play on. Concerns had been raised about the tennis, but this will not be effected and one court will still be available to use.

The Chairman suggested that if the cricket takes off again in the village we could look at reinstating the cricket square on the Playing Field and level a piece of the ground for the practice nets. The Parish Council on the whole agreed.

Mr Avery asked if the use of the Cricket Nets would be supervised as there is some danger involved? The Chairman stated that they will be supervised as far as the Cricket Group will be responsible for the equipment and will pack it away after use and obviously be present while it is being used.

PLANNING.

11/01252/FULLN - Erection of two storey extension to provide 3 bedroom dwelling together

with erection of detached garage - 25 Sarum Close, Shipton Bellinger.

The Parish Council had NO OBJECTION to this Planning Application.

QUEENS DIAMOND JUBILEE CELEBRATIONS.

The Chairman asked the Parish Councillors to start thinking about how the village will celebrate the Queens Diamond Jubilee. The Chairman has contacted Mr John Hughes to see if the Fete Committee have any plans. It may be prudent for all the various village organisations to work together for this event. The Parish Council agreed. The Chairman reported that 2012 is also the Primary Schools Centenary Year.

COUNCILLORS REPORTS

CLLR MR G RICHARDSON - Reported that a resident had complained to him after seeing the Bin Men tipping one wheely bin into another before taking it to the wagon. Cllr Mr Richardson reported this to Test Valley Borough Council, this is not permitted and the practice has been stopped.

CLLR MRS R TETLOW - Spoke about the overgrown trees on Footpath 5 behind Manor Close. The Chairman reported that she will contact the owner of the trees to ask him to please cut them back. Cllr Mrs Tetlow reported that the Cholderton Water stop cock on Footpath 5 is standing proud of the footpath again. This will be reported to Cholderton Water.

Cllr Mr Tetlow was still not sure if Mrs P Hughes has been contacted regarding the Neighbourhood Watch Co-ordinators position, her name is still listed in the Village News.

Cllr Mr Bluff had advised the Chairman that both Phil Lashbrook the Area Co-ordinator, and PC Kitson have confirmed that Pat resigned from NHW several years ago. He has also contacted Chris Cox about changing the contact details in the Village News.

Cllr Mrs Tetlow asked if anything is being done about the mound of soil by the Horticultural Shed? The Chairman reported that Testway Housing have been made aware of the soil as it is on their land.

CLLR MR M UDALE - Reported that he has done a poster warning of the dangers of the contractors equipment at Echo Echo in the shop.

CLLR MISS A REYNOLDS - Reported that the Mobile Library will stop at the Village Centre every fourth Tuesday from Tuesday 19th July 2011 between 11.35 - 12.05 and thereafter on : 16th August, 13th September, 11th October, 8th November and 13th December. Flyers have been posted around the village and the dates will go in the Village News.

Cllr Miss Reynolds reported that Hampshire Fire and Rescue have sent a letter asking for volunteers to co-ordinate Fire prevention and other matters. She will put the letter into the next Village News.

CLLR MR R LUEDICKE - Reported that there has been a transit with metal sides parked at the end of Parkhouse Road - arriving at 10-10.39pm and driving off at 3am. This has been disturbing residents in the vicinity. Cllr Mr Luedicke contacted the Police and they investigated. It turned out that the men in the van are the Emergency A303 Maintenance Team, they park up during their shift until they are needed - they have been asked not to park there in the future

Cllr Mr Luedicke spoke about the new path at Home Farm, Tidworth. The new owner of Home Farm has been asked to erect a fence along her boundary by the end of July, as soon as this is done the fence the other side will be installed 4 metres away. Cllr Mr Luedicke reported that it is hoped the new path will be open by September 201, after the current crops have been harvested.

CLLR MR T BOWDEN - Reported that the Arch in Gardeners Green has a loose brick, the Clerk will report this to Test Valley Borough Council.

Cllr Mr Bowden reported that it has been brought to his attention that trees on footpath 5 are growing over the footpath in one of the gardens in Gardeners Green. The Clerk was asked to report this to Rights of Way in the first instant.

CLLR MRS S TURNER - gave her apologies for the September meeting.

MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC

The Parish Council were asked about the lopped tree next to Red Villas in the High Street.

The Chairman stated that the Parish Council had no idea who has lopped this tree, the cuttings have been placed on the river bank - these will need to be removed.

Mr John Avery raised several points :-

The over grown School Hedge that is growing over the footpath - The Chairman will mention this to the school as it is their responsibility.

The standard of repairs to the roads are diabolical - The Chairman stated that the Parish Council agree and that she has written to the Leader of Hampshire County Council on this very subject. The reply was that the current repair system is cost effective and will continue. The Parish Council do meet regularly with John Clarke the Highways Officer responsible for our area and constantly complain about the repairs.

Japanese Knotweed is growing on the river bank in Watery Lane, who is responsible?

The Parish Council thought that the responsibility lies with the Land Owner/Tennant. It was noted that Japanese Knotweed needs to be dealt with in a controlled way- Strimming it spreads the seeds and we will end up with it growing through our the village.

Cllr Mr M Udale our Flood warden will report the Japanese Knotweed growing on the river bank to the Environmental Agency.

CHEQUES ISSUED IN JULY 2011

Mr B Pearce Grass Cutting £60.00

SBVC Hire of Room £40.00

TVBC Church Grass Cutting £729.56

Mr C Wilkins Footpath Cutting/Litter Collecting £334.29

Miss A Reynolds Chairmans Expenses 2010/2011 £50.00

R.N. Waterman Wages July and August £650.50

CLOSE OF THE MEETING

The Chairman thanked everyone for coming and closed the meeting

DATE OF THE NEXT MEETING

5th September 2011 in the Fletcher Room, Village Centre at 7.30pm