Minutes of the Shipton Bellinger Parish Council Meeting held on Monday 6th June 2011 in the Fletcher Room, Village Centre at 7.30pm.

Present : Cllr Miss A Reynolds - Chairman

Cllr Mr M Udale - Vice Chairman

Cllr Mrs R Tetlow

Cllr Mrs S Turner

Cllr Mr T Bowden

Cllr Mr M Bladen

Cllr Mr G Richardson

Richard Waterman - Parish Clerk

Mr D Sperry - Village Centre Chairman

Members of the Public - Mrs R Flowers and Mrs C Estlick.

Apologies : Cllr Mr S Bluff, Cllr Mr D Davies, Cllr Mr R Luedicke, County Councillor Mrs P West

and Borough Councillors Mr P Lashbrook and Mrs E Charnley.

WELCOME. The Chairman welcomed everyone to the meeting.

DECLARATION OF INTERESTS.

Cllr Mr T Burden declared an interest in the Village Centre

Cllr Mrs R Tetlow declared an interest in Footpath 5, Flooding and the Allotments.

Cllr Miss A Reynolds declared an interest in Footpath 5

Cllr Mr M Bladen declared an interest in Bulford Road/Watery Lane and the Village Centre.

VILLAGE CENTRE.

Mr D Sperry reported that the Village Centre have has their AGM, no issues were raised and the committee were re-elected. A sub-committee has been formed to look after fund raising for the Village Centre. A notice in the Village News asking for tradesman to volunteer their services has resulted in a plumber and a carpenter coming forward. The Village Centre made a profit of 1600 in the last financial year thanks to 3 events.

Mr Sperry reported that two disabled parking bays have been set aside in the car park and rails will be added to the steps. There has been some vandalism to the roof and the offer of a free Crime Survey may be taken up. Cllr Mr M Udale offered to carry out a crime survey for the Village Centre and will liaise with Mr Sperry.

Cllr Mr T Burden reported that he had been talking to Nelly and he plans to start work on the piles of hedging/soil the next morning (Tuesday 7th June 2011)

MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING.

The Chairman signed the minutes of the previous meeting as a true record. Matters arising from those minutes :-

BUS SHELTER - The Clerk reported that grant application for funding has been submitted, the Parish Council should know by the end of the month if the application has been successful.

The Parish Council will discuss both the High Street and Bulford Road sites for the Bus Shelter once funding has been confirmed.

FOOTPATHS - Footpath No 5 - The Chairman had hoped for an up-date from Cllr Mr Bluff at the meeting, but unfortunately he could not make this meeting.

The Chairman gave an up-date on the footpath issue at Home Farm, Tidworth. The MOD plan to provide a permissive footpath (this will be the width of a bridle way) on their land skirting around Home Farm onto Drummer Lane. The MOD are keen to pursue this route as the road through Home Farm was used by troops on their manoeuvres, the loss of this route has been inconvenient. It was noted that Tidworth Town Council have not been very supportive on this issue.

Footpath 17 was mistakenly closed by the contractor working on Echo Echo. The Chairman contacted the contractor and it was re-opened, the fencing at the cross belt will be removed when work at Echo, Echo is complete, it was erected to protect the trees from vehicles working on the project. When Echo Echo is completed Cllr Mr Richardson hoped that the stile and sign on Footpath 15 will be re-instated. Cllr Mr Richardson will keep an eye on this.

Mr D Sperry reported that people have been walking around the field edge of the allotments, between the new trees and the crop. Mr Curry has now erected a sign asking people not to do this and to use footpath 5.

Cllr Mrs R Tetlow reported that the area of footpath 5 behinds Manor Close is very dark and damp due to the trees, water takes a long time to drain away from this area and it can be slippery. The Chairman will contact the owner of the trees to see if something can be done.

The Chairman reported that Asbestos Tiles dumped on footpath 13 have been cleared by Test Valley Borough Council.

AFFORDABLE HOUSING - No further news to report. Cllr Mr Bladen asked if Parish Councillors who reside in St Peters Close should declare an interest in Affordable Housing as the field behind the Auctioneers has been mentioned?

The Chairman stated that the site behind the Auctioneers had been discounted as access is unsuitable, if this changes for any reason then the Councillors living in St Peters Close will declare an interest.

The Chairman spoke about the two houses recently built by Tim Bingham Ltd, these have both been rented to people who have moved from other properties in the village.

The Chairman has congratulated Mr Bingham on such a good development, the houses sit well in their surroundings.

PLANNING.

No new Planning Applications to discuss.

PARISH COUNCIL ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES

The following roles and responsibilities were agreed :-

PLANNING - Cllr Mrs R Tetlow and Cllr Mrs S Turner.

ARMY LIAISON - Cllr Mr M Udale and Cllr Mr R Luedicke

FLOODING - Cllr Mr M Udale

A338 WORK GROUP - Cllr Miss A Reynolds and the Clerk

VILLAGE CENTRE - Cllr Mr M Bladen

SCHOOL GOVERNOR - Cllr Miss A Reynolds

FOOTPATHS - Cllr Mr G Richardson and Cllr Mr S Bluff

SHIPTON BELLINGER GOOD NEIGHBOURS - Cllr Mr R Tetlow.

2011 AGM

It was felt that the AGM went with out a hitch. The members of the public had reported that it was difficult to hear what was being said. Mr D Sperry sated that there is a PA System that can be used, the Parish Council only have to ask. This was noted for next years AGM.

PARISH COUNCILLORS REPORTS

CLLR MR T BURDEN - Reported that the Shipton Bellinger Sewage Works are pumping water in to the River Bourne - This was noted and will be monitored.

CLLR MRS R TETLOW - Asked if Mrs P Hughes has been officially informed yet that she is no longer the Village Neighbourhood Watch Co-ordinator? It has been many months since Cllr Mrs Tetlow raised this and thought it unforgivable and rude that the matter has not been dealt with. The Parish Council did not know the answer.

Cllr Mrs Tetlow spoke about the state of the garages and area by the Horticultural Shed. The Chairman reported that she has been in contact with the Neighbourhood Agent at Testway Housing on the same subject. Testway Housing are dealing with the problem.

CLLR MISS A REYNOLDS - Spoke about a recent incident involving two children aged 5 and 7 smashing bottles from the bottle bank up the track and car park. The Police were informed and have visited the parents. The Police are also going to the school to speak the classes.

Hampshire Highways came and cleared up the broken bottle. The Clerk was asked to write to thank them for doing this.

Cllr Miss Reynolds reported that she reported the bent road signs at the A303 Junction to the Highways Agency and they have now been replaced. The Contractor at Echo Echo is concerned that children do not enter the site, this has been mentioned at the school and will be in the Village News. Diesel thefts are also a major concern on construction sites and the minimum amount is left in the machinery at the end of the day.

Cllr Miss A Reynolds reported that it has been confirmed that the Library Bus will visit Shipton Bellinger on a Tuesday between 11.35am - 12.05 pm at the Village Centre to co-inside with the Coffee Pot. A bigger Library Bus will be used.

Cllr Miss A Reynolds reported that she had attended a Community Conversation Event at Longstock and was asked to speak about Shipton Bellinger. The Community Conversation project hope to put regular articles in the Village News and on the Web Site to keep the information flowing.

CLLR MR G RICHARDSON - Reported that one of the properties in Parkhouse Road is having some building work done has tipped a pile of soil on the track by the beach tree. This has been reported to TVBC and Emma Wykes, who has been to look at the pile of soil.

Cllr Mr Richardson reported that the pile of soil is still there and being added to.

CLLR MR M BLADEN - Reported that the Grit Bin at the top of Bulford Road has disappeared. The Clerk will report this to Highways.

Cllr Mr Bladen spoke about the third lane installed on the A338 at the Echo Echo site for traffic to pass the construction works. This proves that there is room for a third filter lane at the Watery Lane junction.

Cllr Mr Bladen reported that he is still looking into the Cricket Nets and plans to get together with the Cricket lads for a site meeting to discuss their needs.

CLLR MRS S TURNER - Asked if the Parish Council wished to form a team for the forthcoming Quiz Night at the Social Club? Councillors were keen and would check their diaries.

MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC

It was reported that there is no Bus Time Table on the Bus Shelter in the High Street. The Clerk will ask the Bus Company if they can supply one.

Mr D Sperry reported that the ISO Container should be moved to its permanent site in the corner of the field before the Village Fete.

Mrs C Estlick reported that grass at the top of Bulford Road is not being cut by the TVBC Contractor and is very long. The Chairman stated that we had this problem last year and we were assured that the grass would be cut regularly and assured Mrs Estlick that this will be looked into.

Mrs Estlick reported that a speed survey has been undertaken in \Bulford Road during the time Watery Lane has been closed. The Clerk understood that the black boxes also recorded the volume of traffic.

CHEQUES ISSUED IN JUNE 2011

R.N. Waterman Wages 331.75

SBVC Hire of Rooms for Meetings 40.00

Mr B Pearce Grass Cutting 115.00

CLOSE OF THE MEETING

The Chairman thanked everyone for coming and closed the meeting.

DATE OF THE NEXT MEETING

4th July 2011 in the Fletcher Room, Village Centre at 7.30pm

CHEQUES ISSUED IN JUNE 2011