Minutes of the Shipton Bellinger Parish Council Meeting held on Monday 6th September 2010 in the Fletcher Room, Village Centre at 7.30pm.

Present : Cllr Miss A Reynolds - Chairman

Cllr Mr D Davies - Vice Chairman

Cllr Mrs R Tetlow

Cllr Mrs S Turner

Cllr Mr T Bowden

Cllr Mr M Udale

Cllr Mr S Bluff

Christina Moran - Age Concern Andover and District

PCSO Rachel Cassells

Richard Waterman - Parish Clerk

Members of the Public - 6

 

Apologies : Cllr Mr M Bladen, Cllr Mr G Richardson, County Councillor Mrs P West and Borough

Councillors Mr P Lashbrook and Mrs E Charnley.

WELCOME. The Chairman welcomed everyone to the meeting.

DECLARATION OF INTERESTS.

Cllr Mrs Tetlow declared an interest in Footpath 5, Flooding and the Allotments.

Cllr Miss A Reynolds declared an interest in Footpath 5 and the Allotments

Cllr Mr T Bowden declared an interest in the Village Centre

Cllr Mr D Davies - PC Village Centre Representative.

AGE CONCERN ANDOVER AND DISTRICT.

The Chairman introduced Christina Moran from Age Concern Andover and District. Christina Moran stated that Age Concerns work is mainly concentrated in the Andover but they have a small budget to fund work in the Rural Areas. Information and advice are on hand for the elderly of the Parish, poster s will be displayed on the Notice Boards and an article put in the Village News. Christina will be popping up from time to time to liaise with the various village organisations and hopes to from working partnerships with the Community, she has already visited the Coffee Pot to speak to residents informally.

The Chairman thanked Christina for coming and putting a face to a name. The Chairman was sure that the village will welcome the opportunity to work more closely with Age Concern.

POLICE REPORT.

PCSO Rachel Cassells reported that Speeding is a topic that is always raised with the Police when they visit villages, with this in mind it is proposed that a Radar Gun is purchased for the Stockbridge Beat, the Beat Officers will be trained to use the equipment. The Parish Councils within the Stockbridge Beat are being asked if they would contribute to the running and purchase costs, it is estimated that each Parish would pay between 100 - 120. Once the level of commitment from the parishes is known a full detailed funding package will be worked out and presented to the Parish Councils.

This was discussed and the following points noted :-

* The speed enforcing equipment will only be used in the Stockbridge Beat.

* It is proposed that the equipment will be used on a routine and request basis and will be

governed by the availability of manpower.

* Parishes not contributing to the cost of the equipment will not be able to request its use in

their parish and will have to join the waiting list for the Traffic Police equipment.

* The payment made by the parishes should cover the running costs of the equipment for a

couple of years, the parishes will be asked for additional payments when this pot of money

has run out.

The Parish Council agreed in principle but would require detailed costings before committing precept money to the scheme.

PCSO Rachel Cassells reported that there have been problems with anti-social behaviour in the Beech Woods at the top of Parkhouse Road, the situation is being monitored. Complaints have also been received about motorbikes on the Plain and there has been an incident of damage to the youth shelter.

VILLAGE CENTRE.

Cllr Mr D Davies reported that there has been a spate of vandalism to the Village Centre, roof tiles and the down pipes have been damaged, repairs are in hand. Costing for the proposed suspended ceiling are being looked at and the Bellinger Players are financing 3 back panels for the stage. The next Village Centre Management Committee Meeting is to be held on the 27th September. A sports committee meeting is to be held on the 16th September.

MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING.

The Chairman signed the minutes of the previous meeting as a true record. Matters arising from those minutes :-

BUS SHELTER - The Glass Panel has been fitted to the High Street Bus Shelter.

NOTICE BOARD - The new notice board has been erected in the High Street.

BROADBAND - The Chairman has received a letter from TVBC about the provision of Broadband and the level of service to the customer. This was briefly discussed and it was agreed that the Chairman will put something in the Village News with the web site address if people wish to make comment.

SPEED REVIEW A338 - The Chairman reported that this is ongoing and that she is due for an update in early November.

GREEN AND DOG BINS - FOOTPATH 5 - A new green rubbish bin has been installed by the Gardeners Green arch and a red dog bin further up the path by then Allotments.

STANDING ORDERS - The new standing orders are still being passed round the Councillors.

NEIGHBOUR HOOD WATCH - It was not known if PC Bill Williams has spoken to Mrs P Hughes

regarding the NHW Village Co-ordinator.

VILLAGE NEWS - The Chairman reported that she had mentioned cycling, bonfires and walking through crops in the New Letter. The issue of walking through crops has been brought up at the School and visits by Snoddington Farms Manager to speak to the children are planned in September and April.

PLANNING

10/01754/FULLN - Erection of brick boundary wall, formation of access and retention of

existing access (retrospective) - The Nook, Bulford Road, Shipton Bellinger.

This Planning Application was discussed at great length. The Chairman invited Mr Barrett the applicant and Neighbours present to put forward their views.

The Parish Council voted 7-1 in favour of OBJECTING to this Planning Application. It was felt that a loss of a parking space in this area would be a problem as many of the dwellings in this area of Bulford Road do not have off road parking facilities. It was felt that the original conditions of the Planning Permission to close off the existing entrance when the new one if instated should be adhered to. The Parish Council had no objection to the Brick Wall.

COUNCILLORS REPORTS

CLLR MR D DAVIES - Reported that the installation of the Crickets Nets were discussed at the Sports Meeting, it has been agreed that these will be sited between the Play Area and the Hedge, it is also planned to cut back the hedge and this is being pursued. The Football Teams have informed the Village Centre that the Goal Posts on the field are not up to FA standards and should be replaced at a cost in the region of 1380. It has not yet been agreed who will pay for this.

Cllr Mr Davies reported that with Cllr Mr T Bowden they plan to visit the Sport Equipment Fair on the 16th September 2010.

CLLR MR T BOWDEN - Reported that the top of the Village Sign is beginning to bend and needs attention. The Clerk was asked to contact Mr Brain Boxall to see if he would undertake the repair.

CLLR MISS A REYNOLDS - Reported that the Shipton Allotments Society have paid back the 500 loan to the Parish Council. The Clerk reported that it was agreed that the Shipton Allotment Society would pay a bond of 500 to the Parish Council to cover reinstating the land if the Society folded, 250 of this has also been paid to the Parish Council.

CLLR MR S BLUFF - Reported that it has been confirmed by Land Registry that ownership of the stretch of Footpath 5 the Parish Council are planning to upgrade has not been registered. The Parish Council could register ownership of this section of the footpath. The liability issue if the Parish Council took over ownership was not clear and the Clerk was asked to investigate.

Cllr Mr S Bluff spoke about the Well being Trigger Tool a scheme set up in conjunction with Trading Standards to safe guard the well being of the elderly and vulnerable. Basic Training is available for volunteers. The aim of the scheme is to work with local organisation and agencies to ensure that the elderly and vulnerable are not taken advantage off or are neglected. It is hoped that this scheme will be expanded through other parishes.

Cllr Mrs R Tetlow reported that Shipton Good Neighbours are using the Well Being Trigger Tool at their AGM. PCSO Rachel Cassells reported that the Police are aware and support this initiative. The Chairman stated that she will mention this in her report for the Village News.

MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC

MRS C ESTLICK - Reported that the fingers are missing off the footpath finger posts either end of Footpath 3. The Clerk will report this to Rights of Way.

Mrs Estlick reported that the one of the drains in Bulford Road and one at the top of Parkhouse Road were not cleared when the drainage team were in the village. The Clerk will report this to Highways.

It was also noted that the French Drain on Footpath 5 also needs clearing. The Clerk will also report this to Highways.

MR TRIBECK - Asked if there was any news on when the Footbridge on Footpath 14 would be reinstated? The Clerk reported that Rights of Way hoped to do the work this Autumn.

Mr Tribeck reported that there are areas along the length of Bulford Road where the edge is braking up, it is thought that this is partly due to the Diesel spill earlier in the year. The Clerk was asked to report this to Highways.

CORRESPONDENCE

The Clerk reported that District Audit have issued the parish Council with an completion of Audit Certificate and he was pleased to report that neither the internal or District Audit have raised any issues.

The Chairman has received a letter from Mrs Helen Batterby thanking the Parish Council for her nomination to attend the Queen Garden Party this year and that she had a wonderful, memorable day.

The Clerk reported that Hampshire Rights of Way have written to the Parish Council regarding Restricted Byway No.19 and Kimpton Restricted Byway No.18 - Old Coach Road. It has come to the County Councils attention that there is a discrepancy between the legal route of the Old Coach Road and the route actually used on the ground. The route shown on the definitive map runs through the buildings known as Kimpton Down Stables, whilst the used route passes just to the south of the buildings. The two lines deviate by no more than 28 metres.

It would seem to be no public benefit in the County Council reinstating the original route, therefore the County Council proposes taking the following course of action :-

1. Make a Modification Order to add the actual used route to the definitive map as a restricted

byway.

2. Make an Order to extinguish public rights on the now legal route.

The Parish Council discussed this and looked at the map provided. It was agreed that the Parish Council had No Objections to this proposal.

CHEQUES ISSUED IN SEPTEMBER 2010

R.N. Waterman Wages 318.75

TVBC Speed Limit Reminder Sign Posts 285.42

Mr B Pearce Grass Cutting - Notice Board 160.00

SBVC 1/2 Year Grant 1875.00

TVBC Church Grave Yard Grass Cutting 606.91

SBVC Hire of Rooms 60.00

Audit Commission Audit Fees 158.63

R.N. Waterman Expenses 63.70

CLOSE OF THE MEETING

The Chairman thanked everyone for coming and closed the meeting.

DATE OF THE NEXT MEETING.

4th October 2010 in the Fletcher Room, Village Centre at 7pm.

NOTE. This will be a short meeting as the Parish Council are to have a training session at

7.30pm