Minutes of the Shipton Bellinger Parish Council Meeting held on Monday 5th July 2010 in the Fletcher Room, Village Centre at 7.30pm.

Present : Cllr Miss A Reynolds - Chairman

Cllr Mr D Davies - Vice Chairman

Cllr Mrs R Tetlow

Cllr Mrs S Turner

Cllr Mr T Bowden

Cllr Mr M Bladen

Cllr Mr S Bluff

Cllr Mr G Richardson

Richard Waterman - Parish Clerk

Borough Councillor Mr P Lashbrook

Mr D Sperry - Village Centre Chairman

Members of the Public - Mrs C Estlick and Mrs R Flowers.

Apologies : Cllr Mr M Udale, County Councillor Mrs P West and Borough Councillor Mrs E

Charnley.

WELCOME. The Chairman welcomed everyone to the meeting.

PARISH COUNCIL VACANCY

The Clerk reported that Test Valley Borough Council have informed him that the Parish Council can co-opt to fill the vacancy.

DECLARATION OF INTERESTS.

Cllr Mrs Tetlow declared an interest in Footpath 5, Flooding and the Allotments.

Cllr Miss A Reynolds declared an interest in Footpath 5 and the Allotments

Cllr Mr T Bowden declared an interest in the Village Centre

Cllr Mr M Bladen declared an interest in Watery Lane/ Bulford Road.

Cllr Mr D Davies - PC Village Centre Representative.

MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING.

The Chairman signed the minutes of the previous meeting as a true record. Matters arising from those minutes :-

HIGH STREET BUS SHELTER - The Clerk has received conformation from Queensbury Bus Shelters that the glass panel will be fitted in early July.

NOTICE BOARDS - The Village Carpenter at the Weyhill Fairground Craft and Design Centre hopes to have the notice board ready early August.

ALLOTMENTS - There has been no further problems with parking on Footpath 13.

BROADBAND - The Clerk has spoken to Tidworth Town Council about the issue of broadband service, they are not aware of any specific problems regarding the provision of broadband in Tidworth.

FOOTPATH 17 - It was reported that some cutting back needs to be carried out on Footpath 17 as some parts are getting very overgrown with nettles. The Clerk will speak to Chris Wilkins.

CODE OF CONDUCT TRAINING - The Clerk reported that Steven Lugg from H.A.L.C. is not free on the 6th September but could come to our 4th October meeting to carry out the training session on the Code of Conduct. The Parish Council agreed that October would be fine and asked the Clerk to confirm the date with H.A.L.C.

PLANNING

There were no Planning Applications to discuss.

CRICKET NETS.

The Chairman reported that the Parish Council have received payment of 2400 from Hampshire County Council for the Cricket Nets. The Village Centre have been approached to confirm that they have no objection to the installation of the Cricket Nets.

Mr D Sperry reported that the Village Centre Committee have no objection to the Cricket Nets being placed on the Playing Field, however their siting is crucial and needs careful planning, not to interfere with any of the other sports played on the field. Mr Sperry suggested that an open meeting be held to discuss the various issues regarding the Playing Field - Cricket Nets, Play Equipment, Goal Posts, Trim Trail and the Play Courts.

The Parish Council thought this a good idea, there were several issues that needed clarification and it was imperative that representation from the groups involved are present. It was agreed that this meeting will be held on Thursday 15th July 2010 at 7.30pm in the Fletcher Room.

TENNIS.

Cllr Mr M Bladen reported that the tennis nets and posts had been got out of storage, one net and posts have been erected and are being used, the other set of posts will need some repair work before they can be used. After an initial clean up of broken glass on the courts, with the help of some of the youth from the village, tennis is now being played again on the courts. The Parish Council thought this excellent news.

PLAY AREA AND TRIM TRAIL

Cllr Mr Bladen reported that he has received a quote from Playdale for a new play area for the older children, a trim trail and a meeting area for the youth. Total cost 72,000. Cllr Mr Bladen presented the drawings from Playdale showing proposed equipment and layout for the field.

The Parish Council were impressed with the information provided and the wide range of equipment included. Cllr Mr Bladen stated that 72,000 for the scheme would take a lot of fundraising and grant aid but felt that the Village could cherry pick from the plan to suite the site and budget as funds permitted. Cllr Mr Bladen is waiting for further quotes.

A338 UP-DATE.

Cllr Mr P Lashbrook reported that the Casualty Reduction Team will be undertaking an official monitoring exercise over the next five years on the A338 through Shipton Bellinger. This will include the Watery Lane junction and the Echo Echo Tank Crossing.

The resurfacing of the A338 was briefly discussed, the Parish Council are not entirely happy with the finished job. It was reported that the road gullies along the length of the A338 have still not been cleared by highways. This was noted and will be passed onto the appropriate department.

The Chairman reported that Shipton Bellinger is top of the speed limit review which is now under way and that she has been promised that the Parish Council will be kept informed of any progress. Cllr Mr Bowden reported that there were surveyors on the A338 by the A303 junction and Parkhouse Roundabout, it was not sure if this was something to do with the speed review.

The cutting of the grass at the top of Bulford Road was discussed, the Clerk had raised the issue of the lack of cutting with Cllr Mr P Lashbrook. Cllr Mr Lashbrook reported that he has raised the issue with Highways and reminded them that it is their responsibility to keep this junction free from visual obstructions as a matter of road safety.

RUBBISH AND DOG BINS ON FOOTPATH 5

The issue of the overflowing rubbish bins and the installation of an additional dog bin was discussed. The Clerk reported that Test Valley Borough Council have quoted 140 to install a 140lt green plastic rubbish bin and the same for a 140lt red dog bin. It will cost 4.83 for each bin to be emptied - this does include emptying, deodorising, provision of new liners and a thorough cleanse once every quarter.

This was discussed at length and it was agreed that a new green bin will be sited at the arch to Gardeners Green and a red dog bin sited next to the existing rubbish bin further up Footpath 5 towards Manor Close. Emptying will be on a fortnightly basis. It was agreed to store the old bin from Gardeners Green until a site else where in the village could be found.

STANDING ORDERS

A copy of the new Standing Orders has been purchased at a cost of 25. This will be passed around the Parish Councillors over the Summer for comment. It was noted that it has been recommended that the Parish Council adopt the document as a whole.

COUNTY COUNCILLOR MRS P WESTS REPORT.

The Parish Council were sorry to hear that Mr Peter West has been very ill and wished him a speedy recovery, their thoughts are with Mr and Mrs West.

A copy of Cllr Mrs P Wests report was given to the Councillors and is attached to these minutes. The main issue is the information on the County Councils Trading Standards Quick Response Team their telephone number is :

QUICK RESPONSE TEAM 01962 833620

CLLR MR P LASHBROOKS REPORT.

Cllr Mr P Lashbrook spoke about the Planning Appeal for the Showmans Site at Thruxton Down, the site is on important chalk grass land and although is not in the parish does indirectly effect Shipton Bellinger. Cllr Mr Lashbrook urged the Parish Council to make comment on this Planning Application if they wished to protect the chalk grass land.

The Chairman reported that she has received some correspondence on this Planning Appeal from one of the residents of Thruxton Down. Points raised included :- Each one of the three concrete hard standings proposed will take 4 caravans, the facilities of Shipton Bellinger have been listed as local amenities - School, Shop, Post Office and Public House. This was discussed and it was agreed to write and object to this Planning Appeal.

Cllr Mr P Lashbrook spoke about Neighbourhood Watch and the work they are doing with Trading Standards to combat the threat of rouge traders.

Cllr Mr Lashbrook was asked if the issue with Mrs P Hughes not being informed that she was no longer the Neighbourhood Watch Co-ordinator had been resolved? Cllr Mr Lashbrook reported that he was not aware that Mrs Hughes was the Village Co-ordinator and he will look into the matter.

COUNCILLORS REPORTS

CLLR MR G RICHARDSON - Stated that the Countryside Code needs to be put in the Village News. Some residents of the village are oblivious to the Country Code, ignoring footpaths and walking through fields of crops causing damage, throwing balls for dogs into crop fields and allowing children to trample down crops. The Parish Council were dismayed to hear this and discussed the matter at length, problems Mr Curry is experiencing with the field adjacent to the allotments were highlighted. The Chairman will put something in her article for the News Letter.

CLLR MR S BLUFF - Reported that he has submitted the paperwork to the Land Registry and is waiting for a reply. If the answer is no one owns the land the Parish Council in theory can register the land.

Cllr Mr Bluff reported that he has spoken to the owner of 40 Kingfishers who is aware that the hedging/plants need cutting back and will get it done. Cllr Mr Bluff has offered to help.

Cllr Mr Bluff reported that he has spoken to PC Bill Williams and that they are looking at organising a launch date for the new Neighbourhood Watch scheme.

CORRESPONDENCE

The Chairman reported that Mrs J Blake wished to thank the Parish Council for their part in supporting the resident's parking problem in Wilton Terrace, which now seems to have been resolved.

MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC

Mr Sperry felt that the issue of Mr Currys field had not been resolved. The Chairman pointed out that the Parish Council have no jurisdiction over this field and that any action to stop damage to crops etc must be taken by the Landowner. The Parish Council will as suggested try to educate people through the medium of the Village News.

LAP TOP COMPUTER

The Clerk was sorry to report that the Parish Councils Lap Top has died after 11 years of faithful service and asked if it would be possible to have a new one? After some investigation a similar spec Acer will cost 279. The Parish Council discussed this and all agreed to the expenditure.

CHEQUES ISSUED IN JULY 2010

Mr B Pearce Grass Cutting 90.00

S.B.V.C. Hire of Rooms 30.00

H.A.L.C. Chairmans Course 29.38

R.N. Waterman Wages 318.75

R.N. Waterman Expenses 27.51

Mr C Wilkins Footpath and hedge cutting 140.00

Tesco New lap Top Computer 278.99

CLOSE OF THE MEETING

The Chairman thanked everyone for coming and wished everyone a good summer break.

DATE OF THE NEXT MEETING

6th September 2010 in the Fletcher Room, Village Centre at 7.30pm