Minutes of the Shipton Bellinger Parish Council Meeting held on Monday 7th December 2009 in the Fletcher Room, Village Centre at 7.30pm.

Present : Cllr Miss A Reynolds - Chairman

Cllr Mrs G Naish - Vice Chairman

Cllr Mrs R Tetlow

Cllr Mr D Davies

Cllr Mr T Bowden

Cllr Mr M Udale

Cllr Mr S Bluff

Cllr Mr G Richardson

Cllr Mr M Bladen

Richard Waterman - Parish Clerk

Borough Councillor Mrs E Charnley

Members of the Public - 3

Apologies : Cllr Mrs S Turner and Borough Councillor Mr P Lashbrook and County Councillor

Mrs P West.

WELCOME. The Chairman welcomed everyone to the meeting.

DECLARATION OF INTERESTS.

Cllr Mrs R Tetlow declared an interest in Footpath 5, Flooding and Allotments

Cllr Mrs G Naish declared an interest in Footpath 5 and Flooding

Cllr Miss A Reynolds declared an interest in Footpath 5

Cllr Mr T Bowden declared an interest in the Village Centre

Cllr Mr D Davies declared an interest being the PC Village Centre Representative.

VILLAGE CENTRE.

Cllr Mr Davies reported that the Village Centre Management Committee had a meeting on the 11th November. The CCTV Camera has now been repaired and is fully operational, the Christmas Decorations have been put up in the hall and are looking spectacular. The Village Centre are looking at the cost of maintaining the football pitches.

MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING - The Chairman signed the minutes of the previous meeting as a true record. Matters arising from those minutes :-

ASTRO TURF - The Chairman reported that Shipton Rams have to discuss the matter with the Village Centre Management Committee - On going.

FOOTPATH 17 - The Chairman reported that Mr Curry has cut back the growth on the area of Footpath 17 as reported last meeting. Mr Curry has not been able to cut back as much as he would have liked as some of the bushes have grown into trees. Cllr Mr Richardson was concerned that to much cutting back may result in the loss of specimen trees. This was noted.

CHRISTMAS TREES - It was agreed that the decorating of the Village Christmas Trees will take place on the 12th December at 9.00 on the Village Green.

ECHO ECHO TANK CROSSING - The sump at the Tank Crossing has been cleared. Mrs C Estlick reported that it is now blocked again, Cllr Mr T Bowden reported that he has been told that the matter is in hand.

FOOTPATH 5 - The drain standing proud of the footpath has been reported to Peter Watson at Hampshire Rights of Way and will be dealt with. Cllr Mr S Bluff reported that progress is being made on obtaining quotes for the refurbishment of Footpath 5.

The Clerk reported that the bad state of the bridge on footpath 14 has also been reported to Peter Watson. He will visit the site and may have to close this footpath temporarily until the bridge can be replaced.

HIGHWAYS - The Clerk has reported the large pot hole by the Old School House in Parkhouse Road to the Pot Hole Busters. The Parish Council also felt that the road gullies also needed clearing out and asked the clerk to highlight this to Highways.

The Parish Council noted that there have been paint markings highlighting the areas that need repair on the pavement from the High Street to the School on Bulford Road. It was felt that the pavement needed to be resurfaced not just patching.

PLANNING.

The Coop have now submitted their Planning Application for a Distribution Centre on the Andover Air Field. Cllr Mrs Turner had asked the Coop about the lorry movements on the A338 when she attended the Coop presentation at the Guild Hall. The Coop have responded and written to Cllr Mrs Turner with projected figures, guide lines and proposals to ensure that agreements are adhered to. Fines will be levied to vehicles

The Parish Council discussed this issue and felt that the planned procedures to be put in place and the proposed fines for offenders will have some effect but at the end of the day there will be more vehicles using the A338.

The Parish Council also have to contend with the lorry movements on the A338 from the proposed Asda Distribution Centre at Solstice Park. The Clerk reported that he has spoken to the Planning Officer at Salisbury about the Asda Distribution Centre, the Application has not yet been called in by the Secretary of State and a decision is therefore pending. When this has happened Shipton Bellinger will be given a presentation on the proposals. The Planning Application is available to view on the Wiltshire Council Web Site.

The Parish Council discussed a possible Planning Application for a change of use at Scotts Barn there were no details and at the date of the meeting it was just hearsay.

ALLOTMENTS.

The Parish Council have received the lease for the Allotments Site from Mr I Curry. The Lease was signed by the Clerk and the Chairman.

Mr Mark Thompson reported that the all the 40 allotments have now been allocated with one person on the waiting list. Grants are in place for fencing and a grant of 1000 has been given by Cllr Mrs P West from her devolved budget. Unfortunately the Shipton Allotment Society (SAS)were turned down for the big grant of 20,000 from the National Lottery.

Work on the site is planned to start in January 2010. Mr Thompson spoke about the no parking in surrounding residential closes that has been written in to the Allotment Rules, it is hoped that this will encourage holders to walk to the Allotments using Footpath 5.

The Parish Council now need to sign the agreement between themselves and the S.A.S.

 

VILLAGE DESIGN STATEMENT - A copy was given to each of the Parish Councillors to read add make comments at the February meeting.

 

A338

The Clerk had received the draft plans showing the proposed new signs, road surfaces and Flashing Warning Sign for the A338 at Watery Lane. The Clerk pointed out that the extension and moving of the Speed Limits will follow at a later date and are under review by Hampshire Traffic Safety Team.

The Parish Council discussed the plans and it was agreed to support the proposals. The Clerk was asked to write to Mr R Alborough confirming the Parish Councils support.

2010/2011 PRECEPT

The Clerk produced a Financial Forecast Sheet showing the Estimated Results for the Year Ending 31/3/2010 and the Budget for the Year 2010/2011. Each item was discussed. It was agreed that the Clerk wages will be increased by 2%, a further 1000 will be put in to the Village Maintenance Fund.

The Parish Council agreed that a substantial grant will be given to the Shipton Allotment Society to help with their set up costs. Mr M Thompson, the S.A.S. Treasurer, stated that the S.A.S. would request that the Parish Council sponsored a specific item rather than give an unspecified grant and he will speak to the Committee. This was noted.

The Parish Council also discussed giving a grant to Castledown Radio, feelings were mixed on this issue. However it was agreed that a donation will be considered and not the amounts to sponsor equipment requested at the previous meeting. A vote was held - 3 for a grant, 3 against a grant and 3 abstained. It was agreed to discuss this further at the February meeting.

After a lengthy discussion the Chairman proposed that the Precept be increased by 1000 to 21,000, this was seconded by Cllr Mr D Davis. A vote was held with 3 against the increase and 6 for an increase of 1000. The Precept for 2010/2011 was set at 21,000.

HAMPSHIRE ASSOCIATION OF LOCAL COUNCILS.

Cllr Mrs G Naish reported that she had attended a recent HALC meeting and taken pages of notes. HALC are contemplating withdrawing from the National Association of Local Councils as they feel that they are not getting value for the large subscription they pay to NALC. Steven Lugg has offered to come to one of the Parish Council Meetings to present the facts and talk about HALC. The Parish Council thought this a good idea.

Cllr Mrs Naish will summarise her notes and forward them on to the Parish Councillors in due course.

BOROUGH COUNCILLOR MRS E CHARNLEYS REPORT.

Cllr Mrs Charnley spoke about the pot holes that have reappeared in the shops car park, the shop keeper is aware and has asked for the contractor to come back. Cllr Mr T Bowden reassured Cllr Mrs Charnley that the matter is in hand.

Cllr Mrs Charnley reported that a new Customer Service Management System has been installed at Test Valley Borough Council and that she is due to visit in the New Year to see how it is running. This new system should improve the service to the public.

COUNCILLORS REPORTS

CLLR MR D DAVIS - Reported that he had attended the Annual Flood Warden Meeting in November 2009. Wessex Area - Katie Jay was our point of contact on flood issues within the Environment Agency, she has left and Stacie Bristow is filling in until January 2010 when James Hope takes over.

Some areas within the Wessex region have Community Emergency Volunteers, these people are the local contacts for any local emergency issues, they are incorporating flood warden tasks into these roles. They are deemed to be the people with local knowledge that will have the relevant information in times of a major incident.

Sand bags are on the way out and are being replaced by aqua sacs. They expand when immersed in water.

CLLR MRS G NAISH - Felt that the Parish Council must push for a dropped kerb on either side of the pavement at the High Street/Bulford Road junction. The Clerk was asked to speak to John Clarke and ask for a site meeting in the New Year.

CLLR MISS A REYNOLDS - Has reported the Fly Tipping by Scotts Barn to Test Valley Borough Council and spoke about the ongoing problem of Fly Tipping behind Goodwins Close. The Chairman raised this at a recent Anti-Litter Awareness Meeting where it was agreed it would be dealt with.

CLLR MR T BOWDEN - Reported that there is a considerable amount of Fly Tipping on the area of land adjacent to the A303 Slip Road heading towards Andover, opposite the Electricity Sub Station. The Clerk will report this to TVBC.

DATES OF THE 2010 MEETINGS

1st February

1st March

19th April

10th May - AGM

7th June

5th July

6th September

4th October

1st November

6th December

Please note there is no meeting in Jan 2010.

MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC

Mr M Thompson reported that the street light near his property is still not working. The Clerk stated that he had reported it some time ago and had not been informed that it had not been repaired, he will report it again to Street Lighting.

 

 

 

CHEQUES ISSUED IN DECEMBER 2009

Miss A Reynolds Expenses 30.00

Mr J Tidy PC share of Tree Work Village Green 391.00

H.C.C. Street Lighting 2009 1316.18

Mrs C Roberts Litter Collecting 1600.00

SBVC Hire of Meeting Rooms 30.00

R.N. Waterman Wages and Expenses 345.00

CLOSE OF MEETING.

The Chairman wished everyone a Happy Christmas and thanked them for coming.