Minutes of the Shipton Bellinger Parish Council Meeting held on Monday 1st November 2009 in the Fletcher Room, Village Centre at 7.30pm.

Present : Cllr Miss A Reynolds - Chairman

Cllr Mrs G Naish - Vice Chairman

Cllr Mrs R Tetlow

Cllr Mrs S Turner

Cllr Mr T Bowden

Cllr Mr M Bladen

Cllr Mr D Davies

Cllr Mr S Bluff

Richard Waterman - Parish Clerk

Borough Councillor Mrs E Charnley

Mr C Atkinson - Shipton Allotment Society.

Mr D Sperry - Vice Chairman Village Centre

Members of the Public -4

Castledown Radio - Mr Baz Riley, Mr Mike Giles, Mr John Sparrow and SB Liaison

presenter Mrs H Batterby

Apologies : Cllr Mr M Udale, Cllr Mr G Richardson, County Councillor Mrs P West and

Borough Councillor Mr P Lashbrook.

WELCOME. The Chairman welcomed everyone to the meeting and introduced the Castledown Radio Station crew.

Mrs Helen Batterby spoke about her role as village Liaison officer with the Castledown Radio Team. Mr Baz Riley and Mr John Sparrow spoke about the work the Radio Station and its 24 hour operation. With the demise of the Tidworth Development Trust their funding ceased. The Station has managed to continue with an army of loyal volunteers and the financial help from Tidworth Town Council and various other organizations including the new Wellington Academy. 12,000 a year is needed to keep the station on the air.

Castledown Radio are asking various organisations and Parish Councils in the area to please consider financial assistance. They asked if Shipton Bellinger Parish Council would please consider sponsoring the purchase of new headphones and the refurbishment of existing ones - 500

or 300 to pay for new Jingles. Castledown Radio will put this request in writing to the Parish Council.

The Chairman thanked Castledown Radio for their presentation and that the parish Council will consider their request when they discuss the precept over the next few months.

DECLARATION OF INTERESTS.

Cllr Mrs Tetlow declared an interest in Footpath 5, Flooding and the Allotments.

Cllr Mrs G Naish declared an interest in Footpath 5 and Flooding.

Cllr Miss A Reynolds declared an interest in Footpath 5 and the Allotments

Cllr Mr T Bowden declared an interest in the Village Centre

Cllr Mr M Bladen declared an interest in Watery Lane/ Bulford Road.

Cllr Mr D Davies - PC Village Centre Representative.

VILLAGE CENTRE

Cllr Mr Davies reported that the Village Centre Management Committee have not met since the last Parish Council Meeting. The CCTV Camera has been repaired and is back in action.

 

MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING.

The Chairman signed the minutes of the previous meeting as a true record. Matters arising from those :-

POLICE PRESENTATION - The Chairman reported that she had sent a letter thanking PCSO Rachel Cassells and PC Kitson for attending the October meeting. The chairman has also spoken to PC Bill Williams about the problem of speeding in the village and he has passed this on to PC Falkner in Traffic.

 

PUB SIGN - The Chairman reported that she had written to the Landlord of the Boot Inn highlighting the conditions regarding the placing of the Sandwich Board on the Village Green. It was noted that the sign is not yet chained to the sign and has on several occasions gone walkabout. This will be relayed to the Boot Inn Landlord.

HEDGE AT 40 KINGFISHERS - The Chairman reported that she had spoken to the householder and the hedge has now been trimmed.

TREE MANOR CLOSE - The Parish Council were informed that the lady that lived in the house with the offending tree has died. The Parish Council were sorry to hear this, Cllr Mrs Naish reported that she was told by the gardener that the tree in question belonged to the Parish Council. The Parish Council have no record of this, however Cllr Mrs Naish said she will trim the tree back when it has lost its leaves.

DEBRIS UNDER SNODDING ROAD BRIDGE - Cllr Mr Davies had no further news to report and that he will raise the matter with the Environment Agency at the Flood Wardens seminar on the 3rd November. Cllr Mrs Naish was dismayed that no action has been taken on this matter, the debris could have been cleared over the summer.

TREE ON THE VILLAGE GREEN - The Chairman reported that Mr and Mrs Tidy would like to thank the Parish Council for agreeing to have the offending tree on the Village Green removed. The Clerk reported that a quote of 398 + VAT has been received from Witt Tree Services, this will be worked into the 2010/2011 Precept.

ASTRO TURF - The Chairman reported that she has forwarded the questions raised by the Parish Council on the Astro Turf to Tim Sheppard - Shipton Bellinger Rams. A reply has not yet been received.

STANDARDS BOARD INVESTIGATION - Cllr Mr Richardson has now had his interview with the Solicitor investigating the complaint. Cllr Mr Richardson has stated that the Solicitor may contact the Chairman and the Clerk.

RABBIT SHOOTING - Cllr Mr Bladen reported that shooting rabbits up to midnight is legal, however he thought that this will be reduced to 11pm by mutual agreement with the parties concerned that shoot around the village.

PLANNING

There were no new Planning Applications to discuss.

COOP AND GOODMAN - ANDOVER AIRFIELD

The Chairman reported that with Cllr Mrs S Turner and Cllr Mr M Udale she had attended the Coop and Goodman presentation - Report attached to these minutes.

The Chairman reported that Planning Permission was given for the Asda Distribution Centre at Solstice Park at the end of September.

Concerns about the additional traffic using the A338 from both the Andover Airfield and Solstice Park distribution centres were raised. The Clerk has been in touch with Wilshire Council and Salisbury Council Planning Departments to ask if a representative could attend a Parish Council Meetings in the new year to give a presentation on the proposals for the Asda Site.

 

ALLOTMENTS.

Mr Carl Atkinson reported that the Shipton Allotment Society (S.A.S.) had met with Mr Iain Curry the previous Sunday on site to discuss outstanding issues relating to the site. The Lease should be ready for signing shortly and will be sent to the Parish Council.

The S.A.S. will be planting a hedge along the boundary of Footpath 5, Mr Curry will plant a hedge around the field boundary. There will be 17 full size plots and 27 half size plots. Two plots will be for Army residents and a plot will be offered to the School.

The S.A.S. are holding a Barn Dance on New Years Eve in the Village Centre to raise funds, tickets will be on sale shortly and children will be welcome.

The Parish Council thought this excellent news and were pleased to hear that everything is progressing.

HAMPSHIRE ASSOCIATION OF LOCAL COUNCILS AGM

Cllr Mrs G Naish reported that she had attended the H.A.L.C. AGM. A presentation from Road Safety was given including the Village 30 scheme. Cllr Mrs Naish apologised to the Parish Council as she feels she may have put her foot in it and raised issues relating to Shipton Bellinger and the A338 without realising that the Parish Council had enquired about the Village 30 in the past and did not meet the criteria for a reduction in the speed limit on the stretch of the A338 through the village.

A full report on the meeting will be forwarded to the Parish Councillors in due course.

VILLAGE DESIGN STATEMENT.

The Clerk suggested that the Parish Council re-look at the Village Design Statement produced by Paul Marsh and his Team in 2003. The Clerk felt that some minor up-dating may need to be done otherwise it is ready to be adopted. The Clerk will get copies to each Councillor from them to look at. The Parish Council thought this a good idea.

Mrs R Flowers stated that one picture has been used twice in the document, the Chairman did not think this was a problem but the comment was noted.

PRECEPT 2010/2011

The Village Centre Budget and request for a Grant had been studied by the Parish Council since the last meeting. The Parish Councillors had no burning issues with the proposals. The Chairman proposed that the Parish Council accept the Village Centre budget and request for a 3750 Grant for the Year 2010/2011. This was seconded by Cllr Mrs S Turner. The Parish Council all agreed.

Cllr Mr T Burden and Cllr Mr D Davies declared an interest and abstained from voting.

The Parish Council discussed items for inclusion in the budget. It was suggested that a grant to the Allotments to help with set up costs and additional money for Footpath 5 were included. The Clerk reported that a quote of 398 has been received for the removal of the tree and making good on the Village Green, this will be included in the village maintenance figure.

Cllr Mr Bladen asked if the Pre School had now reached its funding target as he would rather see grants going to village projects rather than the radio station. The Chairman reported that the Pre School still require additional funding for their project, the Parish Council agreed with Cllr Mr Bladen on this issue.

The Parish Clerk will produce a budget forecast for the next meeting showing the day to day running expenses so the Parish Council can then look at the additional funding projects.

Mr Atkinson asked if the Parish Council received the full Council Tax amount from the MOD personal living in married quarters in the village. This was discussed and the Clerk was asked to contact Test Valley Borough Council on this issue for confirmation.

BOROUGH COUNCILLOR MRS E CHARNLEYS REPORT

Cllr Mrs Charnley reported that Cllr Mrs P West has sent a report on the Winter Programme for the Countys Roads. The Clerk had given a copy to the Parish Councillors.

Cllr Mrs Charnley reported that parishioners had brought to her attention the pot holes in the shop car park. She had spoken to the new shop keeper about the concerns raised and he has subsequently had the pot holes repaired. Cllr Mr Bowden report that resurfacing of the shop car park is in hand.

COUNCILLOR REPORTS.

CLLR MR D DAVIES - Reported that the Scorpion Band at the Village Centre was a great event and well attended. Cllr Mr Davies reported that the Footbridge across the Bourne on Footpath 14 is in a very bad state of repair. The Clerk has reported this to Peter Watson at Rights of Way and will remind him again of its bad condition.

CLLR MRS R TETLOW - Reported that she has been asked by a resident who is responsible for reporting the dangerous parking of cars opposite the junction of Watery lane on Bulford Road. The Chairman stated that residents should phone the Police, the more calls that are logged will highlight the problem and the Police will take action.

Cars parking on the pavements and across driveways in Hedges Close was raised by a members of the public. Pedestrians can not use the pavements, mothers with buggies and the elderly have to walk in the road, this is especially dangerous due to the speed of drivers using the road. This was discussed at great length and a problem that needs again to be raised with the Police.

The junction of Hedges Close and Gardeners Green was raised and the need for give way markings. The Parish Council reported that they have asked for Give Way markings but the Highways Agency are not in favour.

CLLR MR M BLADEN - Reported that some residents are ignoring the rules and parking on the white hatch markings on Bulford Road. Again this needs to be reported to the Police. Cllr Mr Bladen reported that he has telephoned the 101 number to report this matter and urged other residents to do the same.

The Chairman stated that she will highlight the issue of considerate parking in her report for the Village News.

CLLR MISS A REYNOLDS - Asked if the Parish Council wished to repeat the Christmas Trees again this year. The Parish Council all agreed that it was such a great success last year that they wished to do decorate the trees again this year, it was agreed to do this on December 12th. Cllr Mr T Bowden said he will again supply a tree for the Village Green.

The Chairman reported that Mr Iain Curry has contacted her regarding the cutting of Footpath 17. Mr Curry has offered to cut back the growth on Footpath 17 so that he can get his equipment in to cut the hedge bordering his field. The Parish Council agreed that this was generous offer and had no objections. The Chairman will speak to Mr Curry.

Mr Curry has also commented on the amount of Dog Mess on the boarder around his field, every time he drives his tractor around the field he has to wash off the dog mess. The Chairman will again highlight this in her report for the Village News. It was noted that Fly Tipping is again being carried out by residents bordering this field, the Chairman will report this to our new Army Liaison officer Dave Marks.

MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC

Mrs C Estlick reported that the sump by the Tank Crossing on the A338 is full of mud again and needs clearing. Cllr Mr T Bowden said he will report this to his contact at the MOD.

Mr D Sperry reported that the drain cover by the entrance to Kingfishers is standing proud and is a danger especially at night. The Clerk was asked to report this to Rights of Way.

CORRESPONDENCE.

The Clerk reported that BT have written to the Parish Council asking if they would wish to purchase the red telephone box in Parkhouse Road. The telephone equipment will be removed, several ideas for alternative usage have been put forward - an undercover notice board, mini art gallery, information centre etc.

The Parish Council did not want to loose the red telephone box and thought it a good idea to purchase it, its future use will have to be agreed and a maintenance programme looked into.

CHEQUES ISSUED IN NOVEMBER 2009

CLOSE OF THE MEETING

The Chairman thanked everyone for coming and closed the meeting.

DATE OF THE NEXT MEETING

7th December 2009 in the Fletcher Room, Village Centre at 7.30pm