Minutes of the Shipton Bellinger Parish Council Meeting held on Monday 7th September 2009 in the Fletcher Room, Village Centre at 7.30pm.

Present : Cllr Miss A Reynolds - Chairman

Cllr Mrs G Naish - Vice Chairman

Cllr Mrs R Tetlow

Cllr Mr D Davies

Cllr Mr T Bowden

Cllr Mr M Udale

Cllr Mr S Bluff

Richard Waterman - Parish Clerk

County Councillor Mrs P West

Members of the Public - 6

Apologies : Cllr Mr M Bladen, Cllr Mr G Richardson, Cllr Mrs S Turner and Borough

Councillors Mr P Lashbrook and Mrs E Charnley.

WELCOME. The Chairman welcomed everyone to the meeting.

DECLARATION OF INTERESTS.

Cllr Mrs R Tetlow declared an interest in Footpath 5, Flooding, Allotments and the Planning

Application for Alpine House.

Cllr Mrs G Naish declared an interest in Footpath 5, Flooding and the Planning Application

for Alpine House.

Cllr Miss A Reynolds declared an interest in Footpath 5

Cllr Mr T Bowden declared an interest in the Village Centre

Cllr Mr D Davies declared an interest being the PC Village Centre Representative.

VILLAGE CENTRE.

Cllr Mr Davies had nothing to report.

MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING - The Chairman signed the minutes of the previous meeting as a true record. Matters arising from those minutes :-

GREEN WHEELY BIN - Cllr Mr Bowden reported that he had collected the Green Wheely Bin from Mr Thompson and it is now in position by the Play Courts.

GRASS CUTTING - It was reported that Mr Wareham from Parkhouse Road is still cutting the grass at the top of Bulford Road, there does not seem to be any regular programme for cutting from either the Borough or County Councils.

It was reported that the TVBC grass cutting contractors do not pick up the grass cuttings and concern has been raised that these cuttings could block up the road drains. The Parish Council noted this but had not received any reports of blocked drains in the parish due to grass cuttings.

RURAL BOUNDARY REVIEW.

Cllr Mr D Davies, Cllr Mrs R Tetlow and the Clerk attended a Planning Training Session on the Rural Boundary review. TVBC have asked for Parish Councils to look at the existing development boundaries and make recommendations for change to allow for development in the future.

Cllr Mr Davies and Cllr Mrs Tetlow gave a brief report on the meeting and after studying the development boundaries proposed that Shipton Bellinger Parish Council respond to Test Valley Planning on the basis of the current boundaries being satisfactory for the following reasons:

Existing boundaries and planning considerations have served Shipton Bellinger well in the past in that limited development has occurred, whilst retaining the character of the village. The current boundaries satisfy village requirements and so ideally the Council would prefer a status quo. The clearly defined areas where the policy would apply in future will provide protection of open areas and allow a relatively high degree of certainty for residents and landowners over the potential location of future development within the village.

This is the first step of a lengthy process, a Public consultation will take place in September 2010. The Parish Council agreed with the recommended response to TVBC.

FLASHING SPEED SIGNS - The Clerk reported that unfortunately Red Tape is holding up the installation of the Flashing Speed Reminder Signs. Hampshire County Council have to carry out a Risk Assessment on the sighting of the signs, once completed TVBC can carry on with the installation.

A338 - There is no further news to report.

BONFIRE - The Chairman reported that there has been no response to the article in the Village News for additional help to run the bonfire/firework party. The Parish Council discussed this, for the size of Shipton Bellinger a large team is needed to ensure that the event is well run and complies with the Health and Safety regulations. It was agreed to postpone the event and maybe try again for 2010.

The Parish Council wished to thank those who have pledged their help and support for the event and hoped that we can try again in 2010. It was suggested that the Parish Council have a stand at the Fete to promote the event.

FOOTPATH 5 - The Chairman reported that she has one quote for the resurfacing of part of Footpath 5, this is in the region of 12,000. Hampshire Rights of Way feel that this is rather high and expect the price to be in the region of 5000 - 9,000. Two more quotes are being sort. The Chairman will be handing over this project to Cllr Mr Richardson and Cllr Mr Bluff.

BOOT INN SANDWICH BOARD - SUNDAYS ON THE VILLAGE GREEN - Cllr Mrs Tetlow reported that she has received many complaints from residents about the Boot Inn sandwich board on the Village Green. The sign is put in such a position that it blocks sightlines up the A338. Cllr Mrs Tetlow reported this to the Police as it was a hazard to drivers. The Boot Inn have not even asked the Parish Council for permission to put the sign on the Green. Cllr Mrs Tetlow asked if the Chairman had been to speak to the Landlord about this matter.

The Chairman apologised that she had not got round to speak to the Landlord and would do so after the meeting. The Parish Council agreed that the sign needed to be placed further back so that it does not block the view up the A338 of oncoming traffic and a letter from the Landlord asking for permission to place the sign on the green would be nice.

 

ROAD SWEEPER - The Clerk reported that he has contacted TVBC suggesting that the Road Sweeper changes his route to allow car to clear from the High Street.

OVERGROWN TREE - Cllr Mrs Naish apologised, she has not yet spoken to the Householder concerning the overgrown tree on the High Street blocking sight lines when leaving Manor Close.

PLANNING.

09/01669/FULLN - Erection of 2 storey extension to provide double length garage and

Utility room with 1 bedroom and en suite and I bedroom and balcony

over with external staircase and replacement porch - Alpine House,

High Street, Shipton Bellinger.

The Parish Council SUPPORTED this Planning Application.

ALLOTMENTS.

Mr C Atkinson had no further news to report, the Lease has not yet been sent to the Parish Council and it is still on course to start work on the site in October.

The Clerk reported that he had contacted the Police Authority regarding a grant for Shed Alarms. After discussing this with the Police, having 40 shed alarms did not seem such a good idea. The Police have suggested that if the Allotments are to have a central shed for equipment etc, that security is focused on that building. Once a site has been agreed and the size of the shed known PC Williams will be contacted to advise on security, the Police Authority will look favourably at providing security equipment to comply with PC Williams recommendations. Everyone thought this good news.

Cllr Mrs P West suggested that the Allotment Society consider a steal container rather than a shed as this would be more secure, they are used on the Allotments in Andover.

COUNCILLOR MRS P WESTS REPORT.

Cllr Mrs P West had no news to report from Hampshire County Council and spoke about the Andover Airfield site. The Coop are interested in taking over the site as planning permission has been granted for a distribution Centre at Pyestock, one of the Tesco preferred sites.

COUNCILLORS REPORTS.

CLLR MR M UDALE - Reported that the large pot holes at Home Farm, Tidworth have been filled in.

CLLR MISS A REYNOLDS - Asked the Parish Councillors to think of nominations for the 2010 Queens Garden Party. The Village was unsuccessful last year with their nominations due to a high demand for places and was asked to apply again this year, only nominating one person. The Chairman suggested the person with the highest number of votes be put forward.

CLLR MR T BOWDEN - Reported that the drain at the circle in Hedges Close needs repairing. The Clerk was asked to report this to Highways.

Cllr Mr Bowden reported that the road gullies and ditches in the village need clearing before the onset of winter. The Clerk was asked to also report this to Highways.

The debris in the river bed under the Snoddington Bridge was discussed. Cllr Mr Davies will report this to the NRA, who will in turn contact the owner. Cllr Mr Davies reported that the river bed is due for clearing in the autumn but at this moment in time he had no date.

MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC.

Mr Atkinson reported that the Street Light number 6 is not working correctly. The Clerk will report this to Street Lighting.

MR IAN WOODCOCK - Spoke about the Shipton Educational Trust. Income has been low due to the low interest rate, several small grants have been awarded to sponsor some village children on trips. Mrs Marsha White has been co-opted on to the Board of Trustees to make the number up to five.

CORRESPONDANCE.

The Clerk reported that Hampshire Street Lighting have sent through the paperwork for the Street Lighting PFI Scheme due to start in early 2010. It is estimated that the maintenance for each street light will be between 35 -40 a year plus the actual cost of energy. Initial calculations will save the village a considerable amount of money each year. The street lights in the village will also be replaced with low energy lamps over the next five years.

CHEQUES ISSUED IN SEPTEMBER 2009

SBVC Hire of Room 30.00

SB WI Additional Funding for Welcome Packs 25.00

TVBC Church Grave Yard Grass Cutting 659.09

R.N. Waterman Wages 312.50

Mr B Pearce Grass Cutting 109.00

SBVC Hire of Room 20.00

R.N. Waterman Expenses 61.70

CLOSE OF THE MEETING.

The Chairman thanked everyone for coming and closed the meeting.