Minutes of the Shipton Bellinger Parish Council Meeting held on Monday 6th July 2009 in the Fletcher Room, Village Centre at 7.30pm.

Present : Cllr Miss A Reynolds - Chairman

Cllr Mrs G Naish - Vice Chairman

Cllr Mrs R Tetlow

Cllr Mrs S Turner

Cllr Mr T Bowden

Cllr Mr M Udale

Cllr Mr M Bladen

Cllr Mr D Davies

Richard Waterman - Parish Clerk

Mr C Atkinson and Mr M Thompson - Shipton Allotment Society.

Members of the Public - 9

Apologies : Cllr Mr S Bluff, Cllr Mr G Richardson, County Councillor Mrs P West and Borough

Councillors Mr P Lashbrook and Mrs E Charnley.

WELCOME. The Chairman welcomed everyone to the meeting.

MR NORMAN BOWDEN

The Chairman reported the sad loss of Mr Norman Bowden, Norman played an important part in the history of Shipton Bellinger and did an enormous amount of voluntary work. A Minutes Silence was held in his memory.

DECLARATION OF INTERESTS.

Cllr Mrs Tetlow declared an interest in Footpath 5, Flooding and the Allotments.

Cllr Mrs G Naish declared an interest in Footpath 5 and Flooding.

Cllr Miss A Reynolds declared an interest in Footpath 5 and the Allotments

Cllr Mr T Bowden declared an interest in the Village Centre

Cllr Mr M Bladen declared an interest in Watery Lane/ Bulford Road.

Cllr Mr D Davies - PC Village Centre Representative.

MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING.

The Chairman signed the minutes of the previous meeting as a true record. Matters arising from those minutes :-

FLY TIPPING - It was reported that there has been further Fly Tipping on the Old Coach

Road. The Clerk will report this to Test Valley Borough Council.

SHIPTON GOOD NEIGHBOURS - Cllr Mrs Tetlow reported that Shipton Good Neighbours are desperate for more volunteer drivers to cover over the summer.

GREEN BIN - The Chairman reported that Tim Sheppard of Shipton Rams has been taking the Village Centre Wheely Bin down to the Play Courts Area when there is a football event and returning it after. Mr M Thompson offered to supply another Wheely Bin that could be left in situe. The Parish Council thanked Mr Thompson, Cllr Mr Bowden offered to collect the Wheely Bin from Mr Thompson.

GRASS CUTTING TOP OF BULFORD ROAD - The Chairman reported that a resident from Parkhouse Road was so fed up with the long grass at the top of Bulford Road that he took up his mower and cut it. Cllr Mr Lashbrook has reported that he has asked for TVBC/Highways to cut the grass regularly, the Clerk was asked remind Cllr Mr Lashbrook as the grass is getting long again.

PLANNING.

09/01063/FULLN - Erection of conservatory at rear - 6 Kingfishers, Shipton Bellinger.

The Parish Council had NO OBJECTIONS to this Planning Application.

09/01052/FULLN - Erection of single storey rear extension and replacement porch to front

elevation - 23 Parkhouse Road, Shipton Bellinger.

The Parish Council had NO OBJECTION to this Planning Application.

The Parish Council have been informed by Test Valley Borough Council that there is to be a Rural Settlement Boundary Review. This concerns the Development Boundaries within the village presently marked with a Brown Line. A meeting to discuss this issue was recently held in Thruxton which the Clerk and Chairman could not attend due to prior commitments, A meeting with the Tim Crouch from Planning will be held at TVBC Beech Hurst towards the end of the month to bring the Parish Councils who did not attend up to date.

ALLOTMENTS.

Mr C Atkinson reported that he collected 200 signatures in support of providing Allotments in the village at the Fete, including support from Sir George Young. 44 residents have registered their interest in having an allotment. Mr Atkinson has been in contact with Mr Robin Edwards, Rural Service Manager at Hampshire County Council and a Business Case rather than a Business Plan is being put together.

Mr Atkinson reported the proposed site for the allotments is behind the field running alongside and behind the Auction House and Car Rental site on the A338. Chris Tait the present tenant is aware of the proposals for the site.

Hampshire County Council have confirmed that they have no plans for this site. Initial discussions have indicated that an unsecured lease may be offered on a 5 year term with an 18 month notice to vacate the site. Returning the site to its original condition and the cost involved will be fully investigated and financial provision made to cover this eventuality.

Mr Atkinson reported that the Allotments will be run by a Self Governing Committee and it is hoped that the Parish Council will have no liabilities. Mr Atkinson will keep the Parish Council informed of any developments.

The Parish Council thought this very good news and the Chairman thanked Mr Atkinson for his report.

A338/WATERY LANE AND BULFORD ROAD.

The Chairman reported that she had contacted Cllr Mr Lashbrook about the recent repairs to the A338 when leaving Bulford Road towards Tidworth, the road has been left in a very bad condition. Cllr Mr Lashbrook has reported that the contractors will be returning to make good.

MR R ALBOROUGH - LETTER.

The Chairman read out the letter that has been received from Mr R Alborough - Attached to these minutes.

The contents of the letter was discussed in great detail and it was agreed that the Parish Council fully support the proposals in item 4 :-

a. Provision of Vehicle Activated Signs

b. A Gateway Feature

c. Extending the existing Southbound anti skid and install new rumble pads.

d. Extending the hazard line markings into Wiltshire with red surfacing underneath.

e. Extension of the 40MPH speed limit to the North of Bulford Road with possible 50MPH

Buffer starting prior to the county boundary

f. Red pads and Slow markings adjacent to the warning signs.

The Chairman asked that the Parish Council vote on the way forward :-

It was proposed that the Parish Council agree with the proposals in items A to F - All agreed.

It was proposed that the Parish Council also record that they are against the proposal to make Watery lane One Way. A vote was held and a show of hands recorded :-

4 for not making Watery Lane one Way

1 for making Watery Lane One Way

2 Abstained from Voting

Cllr Mr Bladen declared an interest and did not vote.

The Clerk was asked to write to Mr Alborough supporting these proposals and also stating that the Parish Council are against the closure of Watery Lane.

Cllr Mr Udale reported that he has spoken to residents on the issue of Watery Lane, many residents do not use Watery Lane to enter or exit the village due to the state of the pull ins.

The state of Watery Lane was discussed, it was agreed that something needed to be done to improve the pull ins. The Clerk reported that Highways have been contacted in the past on this issue and they would not repair them as they are not part of the Highway.

SEWAGE WORKS VISIT.

The Chairman reported that with Cllr G Naish, Cllr D Davies, Cllr T Bowden, The Clerk and Mrs C Estlick she had visited the Sewage Treatment Works at Tidworth. This was a very interesting visit, we were assured and saw no visible signs that water is pumped in to the Bourne, it is against the law for treated water to be discharged into a Winter Bourne.

The treated water goes into lagoons which in time soaks into the ground, the water in these lagoons is home to swans, ducks and a variety of Dragon Flys and other insects, Deer also come to drink the water. Although not open to the public they are hoping in the future to allow school parties to come and look at this nature reserve.

To back up the issues raised on the site visit the Parish Council are going to ask for regular water samples to be taken from the Bourne when it is flowing.

BONFIRE.

The Chairman will ask for volunteers to help with the Bonfire/Fireworks event in the next Village Newsletter. A lot of help will be required on the day. A Committee will need to be formed to oversee the event and the venue will need to be confirmed. It was hoped that this will all be in place before the September meeting. Cllr Mr D Davies offered to join the committee.

STANDING ORDERS.

The Clerk reported that at long last NALC have released the amended Standing Orders, a copy will be obtained and forwarded to the Parish Councillors over the Summer for discussion in September.

FOOTPATHS

Footpath 5 - The Chairman reported that she has received the specifications for the surface from Justin Harvey at Hampshire Rights of Way and 3 quotes are being sort.

Cllr Mrs Tetlow asked if there has been any further thoughts on adding another soak away on Footpath 5 before Kingfishers? The Clerk reported that Hampshire Highways have been clearing out the French Drain on a regular basis since the site meeting some time ago, when the site meeting with Rights of Way was held the drain was quite clear, funding for the additional soak away seems to be the issue at the moment.

Footpath 1 - The Tidworth partnership are looking at funding, initial enquiries for funding from Plain Action look promising.

COUNCILLORS REPORTS.

CLLR MR T BOWDEN - reported that he has received complaints about children riding their bicycles on the pavements in the village. The Parish Council felt that although not politically correct, due to the number of cars that use the village roads this was probably the safer option. The Chairman will ask drivers to be aware of children riding bikes when she does her report for the Village News.

Cllr Mr Bowden reported that the Boot Inn are putting a Sandwich Board on the Village Green advertising their Sunday Lunch, although there were no objections to this practice it is obscuring the view along the A338 when leaving the High Street junction. A quiet word with the Landlord about the positioning of the board was thought to be the best approach.

MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC

It was reported that there is a large tree in the front garden of a property on the High Street that is obscuring the view when leaving Manor Close in a vehicle. Cllr Mrs G Naish said she would go and visit the person concerned.

Mrs C Estlick reported that many of the road gullies need clearing. The Clerk was asked to contact Highways.

Lynne Dominy reported that the Road Sweeper comes through the High Street at 7.30am, due to the number of cars parked a large proportion of the High Street does not get swept and suggested that the Road Sweeper does his sweep at a later time. The Parish Council agreed and asked the Clerk to contact TVBC on this matter suggesting a later time.

Mrs J Blake reported that the parking at Wilton Terrace has not improved, residents quite often come home to find there is nowhere to park. Several years ago the Parish Council managed to get bays marked out but the Local Authority would not agree to Residents Only Parking. Residents of the houses opposite, who have driveway parking, use the parking bays.

 

Mrs Blake asked if the Parish Council could back a Residents Only Parking Scheme and contact Highways again on this issue. The Parish Council agreed to investigate and re-open the debate with Test valley Borough Council and Highways.

CHEQUES ISSUED IN JULY 2009

R.N. Waterman Wages 312.50

R.N. Waterman Expenses 63.90

Mr B Pearce Footpath and Grave Yard Cutting 75.00

CLOSE OF THE MEETING

The Chairman thanked everyone for coming, wished everyone a good summer and closed the meeting.

DATE OF THE NEXT MEETING

7TH September 2009 in the Fletcher Room, Village Centre at 8.00pm.