Minutes of the Shipton Bellinger Parish Council Meeting held on Monday 3rd December 2007 in the Fletcher Room, Village Centre at 7.30pm.

Present : Cllr Mr P Marsh - Chairman

Cllr Mrs P Ball - Vice Chairman

Cllr Mrs R Tetlow

Cllr Miss A Reynolds

Cllr Mrs J Measures

Cllr Mrs G Naish

Cllr Mr D Davies

Cllr Mr T Bowden

Mr G Measures - Village Centre Chairman

County Councillor Mrs P West

Richard Waterman - Parish Clerk

Members of the Public - 1

Apologies : Cllr Mr G Richardson and Borough Councillors Mr P Lashbrook and Mrs E

Charnley.

WELCOME. Cllr Mr Marsh welcomed everyone to the meeting.

MR JOHN FLOWERS.

Cllr Mr Marsh asked that the Parish Council take a few moments to reflect on the sad loss of John Flowers. For many years John has been the driving force behind the 200 Club and with Rosemary by his side they have raised funds that have helped the village. John’s contribution to the village has been enormous and the Parish Councils thoughts are with Rosemary at this sad time.

DECLARATION OF INTEREST.

Cllr Mrs J Measures declared an interest in the Village Centre and the WI.

Cllr Mrs P Ball declared and interest in the WI.

Cllr Mrs R Tetlow and Cllr Miss A Reynolds declared and interest in Footpath 5

VILLAGE CENTRE.

Mr Measures reported that the C.C.T.V. is now up and running, the cameras cover the whole of the Village Centre and the pictures are very clear. The Parish Councillors all view the system prior to the meeting and were also impressed.

Mr Measures reported that the Village Centre Management Committee had a meeting on the 19th November 2007. Points raised included - Future entertainment, PAT testing, Christmas decorations, paving stones in front of the seat in the Play Area and the car park barriers - ex motorway barriers at a cost pf £15 a length seem the best buy, 16 are needed and Mr Measures thinks he can get the whole job done for under £500.

The Village Centre Committee discussed the 2008 Budget a copy was given to the Parish Councillors. The Village Centre have requested a grant from the Parish Council of £5,500 for 2008. Mr Measures was asked if the Village Centre did any fund raising themselves? Mr Measures reported that not a great deal, past events have not proved lucrative.

Mr Measures reported that Village Centre hedge along Bulford Road has been cut and that he has received many favourable comment from hirers about the good condition of the Village Centre.

Cllr Mr Marsh thanked Mr Measures for his report and sated that the Parish Council will look at the Village Centre Budget when they discuss the Precept.

MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING - Cllr Mr Marsh signed the minutes of the previous meeting as a true record. Matters arising from those minutes :-

SCHOOL TRAVEL PLAN - Cllr Miss Reynolds reported that she had attended the Parents group meeting, the issue of parking on the bend and outside the Old School House are of concern, the need for railings round this bend is an issue that the group feel strongly about. The results of School Travel Survey carried out in October were discussed. The Clerk has a copy of the results of this survey.

Cllr Miss Reynolds assured the Parents Group that upgrading the condition of Footpath 5 to encourage a safer route to school is top of the Parish Councils agenda and work to achieving this is within reach. The Parents Group asked if there was any chance of splitting the footpath into a cycle route and footpath? The Parish Council felt that this may be too adventurous at this stage and there were width restrictions along Footpath 5 that would need to be addressed, maybe a project for the future! Cllr Miss Reynolds will try to attend future meetings to keep the lines of communication open.

AFTER SCHOOL CLUB - Cllr Mrs Ball stated that she was still concerned about the Police’s comments at the November meeting implying that rumours and gossip about the After School Club had originated from someone in the room at that meeting. Cllr Mrs Ball wished to reiterate that this had not been the Parish Council.

FOOTPATH AUDIT - Cllr Mrs Ball reported that the footpath audit is still on-going and she hoped that it would be concluded soon. Cllr Mr Marsh reported that Mr Curry has sent one of his workers to carry on cutting footpath 17 continuing from where SEB stopped. Mr Curry will now keep this footpath cut and will send a machine up its length to the Beech Tree in the spring. As the footpath has now been cut there is now no need for the permissive footpath on Mr Curry’s land.

A338 HEDGE - The Clerk had no further news to report on the removal of the hedge and will contact Mr Tait in the New Year. It was noted that this hedge has now been cut several times, both its width and height have been reduced.

ASDA DEVELOPMENT - The Clerk reported that he has written to Salisbury District Council top resister the parish Councils concerns about the proposed development and the effect it will have on the A338.

A338 - Cllr Mrs G Naish stated that she totally agreed with Cllr Mr T Bowden’s comments at the November meeting regarding the need for a roundabout at the High Street/A338 junction and felt that the Parish Council should be pushing for this. There are several roundabouts along the A338 in sites of similar size.

Cllr Mr P Lashbrook has sent word that there is no further news on the A338, he is keeping pressure on the Highways Agency, Test Valley Borough Council, Hampshire County Council and the Army. Cllr Mr Lashbrook urges residents to write to him regarding their concerns on the A338 through the village, this will help with lobbying for something to be done. This will be put in the Village News Letter.

TREES IN THE HIGH STREET - The Clerk will report the tall trees in the High Street opposite Garden House to the SEB again.

VANDALISM IN THE VILLAGE - It was reported that over the last few weeks there has been an increase of graffiti in the village. The Church bench, wheely bin, ’Scott’s Barn’ and the garages in Threadgill Way.

PLANNING.

TVN.07/03162/FULLN - Erection of Garage - 17 Hedges Close, Shipton Bellinger.

The Parish Council had NO OBJECTION to this Planning Application.

PRECEPT 2008/2009.

The Parish Clerk produced a financial report showing the estimated results for the current year and the Budget Forecast for the Year 2008/2009.

The Budget forecast included the day to day running of the Parish Council allowing for increases in subscriptions and insurance premiums. The Clerks and Litter Collectors Wages are due for review and were not included. The Village Centre grant was also not included in these figures.

Cllr Mrs Ball reported on the work the WI have done on the welcome pack, this has been a great success, 60 welcome packs have been now distributed. Cllr Mrs Ball stated that the welcome packs needs updating and further copies will soon be needed. The WI ask that the Parish Council consider a further grant when discussing the precept? The Parish Council thought the welcome packs a great village asset for new residents and all agreed to a further grant and thanked the WI for doing such a good job.

The precept was briefly discussed, Cllr Mr Marsh asked the Parish Councillors to look at the figures before the January meeting when the precept will be discussed fully and agreed upon.

COUNTY COUNCILLOR MRS P WEST’S REPORT.

Cllr Mrs P West gave all the Parish Councillors a written report - attached to these minutes.

COUNCILLORS REPORTS.

CLLR MR T BOWDEN - Reported that he had attended a seminar on “Living River” on the 28th November 2007 at Dinton Village Hall. A report on the seminar was given to all the Parish Councillors and is attached to the master copy of these minutes.

CLLR MRS BALL - Reported that she was concerned that recent Housing Survey forms delivered to every house in the village were not on headed note paper indicating who they were from. It turn out that they are from Rural Housing on the instructions of T.V.B.C.

CLLR MR D DAVIES - Reported that he had attended the recent training day for new Councillors held by H.A.P.T.C. The course was beneficial to a new councillor, one of the points discussed was the importance of the Parish Precept and the need for regular increases to keep abreast with inflation, an overall 5% increase each year was recommended.

Cllr Mr Davies reported on a recent Flood Wardens course he also attended. The meeting was held on the site of a town previously flooded town, it seemed clear that the role of the Flood Warden is more to do with after a flood rather than the leading up to, contact with the various organisations is paramount.

Cllr Mr Davies spoke about his plans to up-date the Shipton Bellinger Flood Plan, Shipton Bellinger is fortunate to have had a Threshold Flooding Survey carried out, residents car parking during a flood is an area that needs to be explored.

MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC

MR MEASURES - Reported that the Village has not had a report in the Andover Advertiser for quite some time. Mrs Tracey Evans would like to take on the job and will speak to Col John Peacock about the role if the Parish Council are in agreement. The Parish Council thought this good news and has no objections.

Mr Measures apologised but forgot to report earlier that the Village Centre Main Hall are to get new curtains thanks to the generosity of one of the committee. The Village Centre have also sacked the Grass Cutter and have engaged a Contractor from Amport.

CHEQUES ISSUED IN DECEMBER 2007

T.V.B.C. Line Marking (Village Centre) £185.58

2010.IT.COM Commission of C.C.T.V. (Village Centre) £282.00

S.B.V.C. Hire of Room £38.00

British Telecom Clerks Phone Bill £34.67

R.N. Waterman Wages £229.16

Mr D Hoare Footpath, Hedge Cutting 2007 £285.00

CLOSE OF THE MEETING

Cllr Mr Marsh thanked everyone for coming and wished everyone a Happy Christmas and closed the meeting.

DATE OF THE NEXT MEETING.

7th January 2008 in the Fletcher Room, Village Centre at 7.30pm