Parish Council Minutes: March 2003

Minutes of the Shipton Bellinger Parish Council Meeting held on Monday 3 March 2003 in the Fletcher Room, Village Centre at 7.3Opm.


Present

WELCOME - Cllr Mrs Ball welcomed everyone to the meeting.

MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS MEETING - Cllr Mrs Ball signed the minutes of the previous meeting as a true record. Matters arising from those minutes

VILLAGE MAP - Cllr Mrs Ball reported that the Village Map has been received and is in the process of being delivered with the Village News and should be with every household within the week.

JUBILEE BOOK - Cllr Mrs Ball reported that she is in the process of getting all the parts of the Jubilee Book together so that it can be finished and put on display.

VILLAGE DESIGN STATEMENT - Cllr Mr Marsh reported that the Village Design Statement Team had a meeting on the 26th February and have another planed for the 12th March. A Draft Plan with photographs and a map has been put together and it is planned to present this to the Village at the Parish Council Annual Meeting.

MILLENNIUM PILLARS - Cllr Mrs Ball reported that Mr Boxall is returning donations given to the project The Parish Council are to reimburse Mr BoxaLl for his expenses and the Planning Application Fee totalling 102.

SAFER ROUTE TO SCHOOL - No further news.

BMX TRACK - Cllr Mr Bancroft reported that Test Valley Borough Council have confirmed that they will only give a 50/50 Capital Grant to Parishes who apply for financial assistance for a BMIX Track, the 75% Grant only applies to joint BMX and Skateboard Tracks. The Youth Group hope to raise funds themselves towards the project.

Cllr Mr Bancroft reported that he has spoken to the Army and they have stated that they will be able to help with Man Power to clear the site, but not equipment. Builders have been sought to give a quote to clear the site and prepare ground work for equipment to be installed, no one has come forward as yet. The Parish Council were not surprised to hear this and have experienced the same results in the past when trying to pursue this project.

Cub Mr Bancroft discussed the project and on investigation felt that it may be possible to provide both a BMX and Skateboard Track without the Parish Council putting any more funding to the project, the Rules and Regulations associated with the provision of a joint track, the insurance cost for a Skateboard Track are also not known. The Clerk reported that the Insurance Company will not quote until a detailed proposal is submitted.

The Parish Council felt that they were going round in circles and asked Cllr Mr Bancroft to find out all the facts for the next meeting, a decision will be made at that meeting.

NOTICE BOARD - The Clerk reported that he has spoken to Test Valley Community Services and that the Notice Boards are still available, one has been ordered and a cheque is to be issued for 120.

AFTER NOTE Linda Webb from T.V.C.S. has contacted the Clerk to inform him that there is a delay from the supplier on the Notice Boards, a delivery date is not known at this time.

KINGF1SHERS SIGN - Cllr Mr Bancroft reported that the Kingfishers Sign has still not been returned to the village by the Police.

PLANNING

TVN.08738 - Erection of single storey rear extension to provide kitchen at 24 Kingfishers, Shipton Bellinger.
The Parish Council had NO OBJECTIONS to this Planning Application.

TVN.00342117Outline Planning for development at Gilberts Farm - Shipton Bellinger.
This Planning Application has been withdrawn.

FLOODING

Cllr Mr Tidy reported that a Flood Committee has been formed and consists of:

Cllr Mr Tidy reported that the Environmental Agency have been in the village taking measurements and looking at ways of Flood Prevention, they have also looked at the Electricity Sub Station and are making recommendations for the height it needs to be raised to cope with the flood water. The Environmental Agency are investigating ways of holding water in the Watery Lane area so that a controlled fib - of~ 'ater can be Meased through the village, C1Lr Mr Tidy has no details of this or how This will be achieved.

Cl]r Mr Tidy reported that Hampshire Highways have also been in the village doing culvert work and that things are moving along with the flooding problems in the village. It is hoped that some time in the summer a demonstration on the use and laying of Sandbags will be given in the village, the proper use of sandbags will help to stop water, the technique needs to be passed on to all those effected with flood water.

dli- Mrs Ball reported that she has received a letter from Mrs C Estlick regarding the digging of the ditches in the village. Clir Mrs Ball has no news to report on Footpath 5. The Clerk was asked to contact Mr Perrin to remind him about filling in the culverts from the field into Bulford Road.

Cl]r Mr Hitchcock produced a draft Flooding Information Sheet for the village, this includes contact names and telephone numbers, things that the village can to do to reduce the amount of waste water the entering the sewage system during the flooding. The Parish Council discussed this and thought it was precise and to the point. Cllr Mr Hitchcock will produce a final draft for the next meeting.

ANNUAL MEETING 12th MAY 2003

The Clerk confirmed that Mr Neil Watson from the Environmental Agency will be attending the Annual Parish Meeting. The

Parish Council discussed the agenda and proposed the following

  1. Welcome to the Meeting and Introductions.
  2. Presentation from the Environmental Agency on Flooding in Shipton Bellinger.
  3. Sign the Minutes of the 2002 Annual Parish Meeting.
  4. Chairman's Report-The Parish Council asked Cllr Mrs Ball to give this report as the outgoing Chairman, Cllr Mrs Ball agreed to do this.
  5. Financial Report - Parish Clerk.
  6. Borough Councillors Reports
  7. - Questions from the Floor
  8. Village Design Statement
  9. Close of the Meeting.

BOROUGH COUNCILLOR'S REPORT

Cllr Mr Southern reported that with Cub- Mr Lashbrook he has spent time in the village with the new head of Test Valley Environmental Health to discuss the problems Shipton Bellinger. The flooding has been addressed well and the whole of the Bourne needs to be looked at, what is done to remedy flooding up stream can have devastating consequences down stream.

Cllr Mr Lashbrook felt that more information on sewage contamination of the flood waters needs to be made available to the village, concerns on health matters for children and animals have been raised, this is one area that will be looked at.

Clk Mrs Ball thanked Cllr Mr Southern and ClIr Mr Lashbrook for all the work and help they have done for the village during the flooding.

SCHOOL GOVERNORS REPORT

Mr Richardson reported that the Shipton Bellinger Primary School saw an improvement on last years S.A.T.S. results and achieved top marks, whether this result can be kept is not known, the Last School Offstead was in 1998. There are a few minor problems with the new extension and damage was caused to the playground by the Building Contractors, these are being dealt with. The Safe Crossing project is ongoing as Cllr Mrs Ball reported at the last meeting.

COUNCILLOR'S REPORTS

CLLR MR TIDY - Discussed the progress of the Emergency Plan in the event of a CRBN [Ed: Chemical, Radiological, Biological or Nuclear] Threat. The Head Teacher at the Primary School has worked with Cllr Mr Tidy on this project, Teachers and Staff have been allocated jobs in the case of an incident and Sleeping Bags etc. have been organised.

Cllr Mr Tidy spoke about Information Flyers to every house in the village if an emergency situation is declared, this will have contact numbers and recommended precautions to take to safe guard health. Cllr Mr Tidy felt that some means of identification was needed for the Parish Councillors and those involved with the Emergency Plan. The Parish Council discussed this and thought it a good idea, Cllr Mr Lashbrook said that he would make some enquiries at Test Valley Borough Council to see if they could help with the identification cards.

The matter of Police Clearance to deal with Children was briefly discussed and the possibility of Cllr Mr Tidy having a secure pass word to access Local Radio to release information in the case of a declared emergency.

CLLR MRS P BALL - Asked if the Parish Council were going to have a stand at the Village Fete this year? The Parish Council said yes and the Clerk was asked to book a stand with the Fete Committee.

CLLR MR P MARSH - Reported that sand bags have been dumped into the river as a means of getting rid of them, this does not help the situation and that it needs to be made clear to residents what to do with the old used sandbags. Cllr Mr Tidy noted this and would look into the problem, a notice in the Village News was a thought. He did consider that it was still too early to remove the sandbags and we should discuss this at the next meeting.

CLLR MRS R TETLOW - Asked about the sign for Sam Harts Car Park. The Parish council discussed this and it was agreed that they would pay for a sign. The Clerk will get a quote for a metal sign for the next meeting.

CLLR MRS M WHITE - Reported that the new owner of the house at the bottom of Gardeners Green has cut down all the conifer trees along the side of Footpath No5. This has opened up the footpath and made the whole area a lot lighter. The Parish Council thought this good news and suggested that this might be the time to approach him about a light on the arch from Gardeners Green to Footpath No5.

CHEQUES ISSUED IN MARCH 2003

CLOSE OF THE MEETING

Cllr Mrs Ball thanked everyone for coming and closed the meeting.

DATE OF THE NEXT MEETING

April 7th 2003 in the Fletcher Room at 7.3 Opm

OUTSTANDING ITEMS

  1. BMX Track
  2. Village Design Statement
  3. Flooding
  4. Notice Board
  5. School Safety Scheme
  6. Annual Parish Meeting

To February  To Noticeboard  To April

To February *  To Notice board *  To April


Web Space provided by Hampshire County Council

Web page built at Dragonshome for Shipton Bellinger. All enquiries via the contact page.

Page Last Updated: 14th April 2003